• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed/Open Carry at at Polling Place

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
Way to keep up!

AND thanks for nearly 4 year NECRO Post.....

You gotta keep an eye on the dates in these things..

How embarrassing.

i saw the date on the original post. my question is directed at this statement which seems like a current event
"so no law against carrying there, old guy told me there was, but seems noone can find one."

alphamale

So as of this date can we carry concealed at a polling place in a township hall?

Can we carry open carry at a polling place in the township hall?

What suggestions or requirements should we be aware of when voting armed?

Sorry I live in a state forest here and don't get enough internet time to read for hours on end, so I ask.

Evil Creamsicle

So as of this date can we carry concealed at a polling place in a township hall?

Can we carry open carry at a polling place in the township hall?

What suggestions or requirements should we be aware of when voting armed?

Sorry I live in a state forest here and don't get enough internet time to read for hours on end, so I ask.

Is your township hall in the same building as a courthouse?

topgun47

NHCGRPR45

I oc'd at my polling place for the primary. I also plan to oc for the election in nov. My polling place is the town hall.

I do plan to place my " I voted " sticker on my holster this time around.

When I voted it was at a local school and I opened carried and actually was surprised at how well I was received. Several hand shakes and a lot of questions. I also placed my "I Voted" sticker on my holster.

keesanka

Carry at Pollling places...bad advice

You are correct you are allowed to carry while voting. Many on here have done so, including OCing at a church or school.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?78819-Election-day&highlight=voting

If you don't know what the hell you're talking about then shut up and stop giving bad advice. Some states forbid carry at polling places, such as FL. You can not carry at a school in most states, so if your polling place is at a school, forget it. Bottom line...Read your state statutes before you go carrying at the Polls.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If you don't know what the hell you're talking about then shut up and stop giving bad advice. Some states forbid carry at polling places, such as FL. You can not carry at a school in most states, so if your polling place is at a school, forget it. Bottom line...Read your state statutes before you go carrying at the Polls.
The first thing we do is speak politely.

Yes as to confirming - trust but verify. Fact trumps opinion. :)