• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RSO courses???

steble01

I am looking for a NRA Range Safety Officer course. I have been searching for quite some time now and it seems I cant find one. If anyone has a heads up, or knows of one that will be taking place in the Puget Sound area, please let me know. Thanks.

fordguy

Found this on the NRA website

1. Individuals who currently possess a valid NRA Firearms Instructor certification or NRA Coach appointment in one of the NRA’s firearms training programs have the option of taking the Range Safety Officer course by home validation. http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/rso_val.asp

2. Those individuals who do not hold a trainer rating must attend a Range Safety Officer course. Range Safety Officer courses are conducted by Chief Range Safety Officers. (“Chief Range Safety Officers” are those individuals certified to train NRA Range Safety Officers.) The Range Safety Officer course is a nine-hour course that consists of classroom time and practical exercises conducted on a range. Range Safety Officer candidates will receive the Range Safety Officer Student Packet. http://materials.nrahq.org/go/product.aspx?productid=EF 13520

steble01

thanks for both of your replies. i have already seen both sets of your information and have used the search engine, but not one class has come up in quite some time. i was hoping maybe someone knew of a course that wasnt listed there or something. again, thanks for the replies.