Thread: Training

Training

My wife, yes I love her, wants to to take a handgun course. Anyone take any that they would recommend for a newbie shooter?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Yeah, sure. Jackie Knotts, SC State Senator runs/ran free mass CWP qualification classes - in Lexington, SC, shooting at Mid-Carolinas Rifle Club.

Quote Originally Posted by ayce2 View Post
    My wife, yes I love her, wants to to take a handgun course. Anyone take any that they would recommend for a newbie shooter?
    Yes I do! I will have to find the information, which may take me awhile but i know it's in my computer!

It was a womans only class held in Ripon, but i thought not untill spring. I will post when i find it.

I knew i had it somewhere

Introduction to Basic Pistol
    For Women-only

This course is designed for women with no or very little knowledge of handguns.

Shooters will need to bring: eye/ear protection, their pistol, holster, belt, a baseball-style cap, and tuition fee. 100 rounds of ammo will be sufficient. ( If you have no handgun, come anyway, guns will be available to use).

Where: Ripon Rifle and Pistol Club, 679 Union St., Ripon, WI

When: Feb 15th and 20th, 2011, 8 AM to 4 PM

It will cover firearm parts, gun safety and handling, ammunition, accessory equipment, cleaning and more.
    There will be both classroom and range time.

Tuition is: $50, payable to: SSEF (Safe Shooting Educational Foundation, [tax deductable!]) which will be used for Land Development for our shooting range.

Call 920-602-0080 or email to: gdtrepanier@yahoo.com

For more information or to register, call 920-602-0080, fill out the attached registration form, or email gdtrepanier@yahoo.com.

Class Info: http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/doc...sic_Pistol.pdf

Registration Form: http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/doc...ation_form.pdf

For calendar of events see: www.ripongunclub.com, www.wisconsinshooters.com or www.wrpa.com.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ayce2 View Post
    PM Sent

Without knowing how much time/money you are willing to put into this class- I would highly recommend the Blackwater Tactical Pistol 1 class offered at their facility in Northwest Illinois. I attended about 3-4 years ago- it was amazing. If interested, contact me via pm and I can discuss the details.