• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Election Thread

Squeak

Whats that saying?

Your either part of the problem, or part of the solution. Which are you.
That's what I have said before-you're the problem or the solution. If one doesn't get involved with the election process, then gripping does no good. As for me, I am active in the local races.

sudden valley gunner

That's what I have said before-you're the problem or the solution. If one doesn't get involved with the election process, then gripping does no good. As for me, I am active in the local races.

But I strongly disagree with aspects of both parties so in good faith can't vote for either,
and many would consider the candidate I vote for as a wasted vote.

On initiatives, yes, get the state out of liquor business and don't give us a Income tax.
And yes for private insurance companies, L&I is an out of control, control freaking organization.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Senate Debate Tonight 7pm

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/politics/2010/10/15/round-2-rossi-murray-debate-sunday-on-komo/

On Channel 4 tonight. I doubt any 2nd amendment questions will come up, but you never know.

A big gov't Democrat vs. a big gov't Republican....

Here is my take on Rossi/Murray. They are both big gov't, they are both part of the 'political ruling class', however, it is time to send a message and unseat Murray. 18 years is enough, 24 years would be way too much! After 6 years, vote out Rossi if he continues his big gov't ways and send a message again. It will be much easier to vote out a one term senator than a 4 term senator in 6 years.

amlevin

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/politics/2010/10/15/round-2-rossi-murray-debate-sunday-on-komo/

On Channel 4 tonight. I doubt any 2nd amendment questions will come up, but you never know.

A big gov't Democrat vs. a big gov't Republican....

Here is my take on Rossi/Murray. They are both big gov't, they are both part of the 'political ruling class', however, it is time to send a message and unseat Murray. 18 years is enough, 24 years would be way too much! After 6 years, vote out Rossi if he continues his big gov't ways and send a message again. It will be much easier to vote out a one term senator than a 4 term senator in 6 years.

You've got to admit that Rossi is at least smarter than Murray.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
You've got to admit that Rossi is at least smarter than Murray.

Yes. I have met Murray a few times and tried to have a conversation with her. The first two times here in the Seattle area and she is not very intelligent at all. The last time I asked her some very pertinent question while at her office in D.C., she passed it off to a staffer because she couldn't answer the question.

I have had lunch with Dino and he is very articulate and understands the issues. I just get the feeling that he thinks that government is the answer to the problems. I think that government is the problem.

oneeyeross

Oh, I vote, and I always vote my conscience. I just don't see why anyone would want to look up their neighbors. I s'pose that is just one of those things that I figured was beyond the pale, but I guess that's just me. I can see why I should snoop into what my friends and neighbors do, now that you've explained it to me. I suppose that I probably should go through their trash, too, to make sure they recycle like all good citizens should. I probably better peer through the window to make sure they have the right kind of light bulbs...

Yes, I've carried that to the extreme, in an attempt to make my point. See, once you think you have the right to check up on your neighbors, where do you stop?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Oh, I vote, and I always vote my conscience. I just don't see why anyone would want to look up their neighbors. I s'pose that is just one of those things that I figured was beyond the pale, but I guess that's just me. I can see why I should snoop into what my friends and neighbors do, now that you've explained it to me. I suppose that I probably should go through their trash, too, to make sure they recycle like all good citizens should. I probably better peer through the window to make sure they have the right kind of light bulbs...

Yes, I've carried that to the extreme, in an attempt to make my point. See, once you think you have the right to check up on your neighbors, where do you stop?

Actually you didn't carry it to the extreme. You chose a false comparison. The old apples to oranges trick.

Voting rolls have been public information for sometime now, nearly 230 years. They are public information, similar to the census, property taxes and marriage/divorce licenses/decrees. When you do business with the public interest through the government certain records are kept. It is part of living in this society. The people require it for the transparency of a democratic form of government we call a republic.

Going through my neighbors personal property (trash) would be a crime. Peering into their home, would also be a crime. I have no interest in either.

oneeyeross

The point was sticking my nose in my neighbor's business (e.g. voting) is, to my mind, the same thing as peeking in his window. His conscience is HIS, not mine, to monitor. Who am I to run up and down the block playing Wee Willie Winkle with regard to voting?

Voting is something people SHOULD do, but chastising my friends will NOT lead to more friendship...chastising my neighbors will NOT lead to good relations with them.

If you think you should, go ahead. Be at peace with yourself. But, I have not, do not, and never will think it is my business to know what my friends/neighbors voting record looks like.

Jayd1981

If it makes anyone feel better since there really isn't a libertarian canidate thats viable. I got to shake hands with Rossi while I was open carrying. Neither him or his staff even said a word about my side arm.

Last edited:

Ajetpilot

Kitsap County Prosecutor Race

Bruce Danielson is challenging Russ Hauge for prosecutor. Hauge is the one who is taking the gun club to court and has been harassing them for years. Bruce Danielson has come to our OCDO picnics in Kitsap County and is a friend of the Second Amendment. He is running as an independent. Here is an article about him in the Kitsap Sun:

http://tinyurl.com/2fu7n48

JSlack

It is 4 weeks to the elections. Some of you have not updated your registration and have not voted in some time. You can check yourself HERE and you can also check your fellow gun owners and neighbors.

I checked myself, and it said I have not voted since 2008. That is not true. My most recent vote was for the primary. what gives?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I checked myself, and it said I have not voted since 2008. That is not true. My most recent vote was for the primary. what gives?

It doesn't look like all of the recent primary was uploaded. Mine was updated, but another family member it was not.

Still, there are some others I know that haven't voted for 6, 8, 13 years

Lammo

Spokane County Prosecutor

Please vote to re-elect Steve Tucker as Spokane County Prosecutor (R). He is challenged by a private attorney who has fairly limited criminal experience and none that I know of at the felony level. Steve was a WSP Trooper for 11 years, working his way through law school while he was on the road. He was then a Deputy Prosecutor for 10 years and has been the elected prosecutor since 1998. His opposition has accused him of always being on the golf course and/or in one bar or another but it is simply not true (if you believe those accusations about Steve you probably believe BHOs accusation that the US Chamber of Commerce is using foreign donations to fund election campaigns). There is no good reason to replace Steve with someone who, although a very nice man, would be a post turtle in the job of running an office with 65 lawyers and 80 some odd staff. Please PM me if you have any specific questions or concerns and thanks for "listening".

PS - - the only official hassles/unlawful rules (e.g. Manito Park and the public library) that I am aware of for OC in Spokane have come from the City of Spokane, not Spokane County. All oif the County's ordinances are in line and comply with preemption.

jt59

what exactly are you saying? Are you trying to compare Sanders with Murray?

Hardly, I am just trying to get some feedback on the source.....is the general consensus that the TNT is the place to go for our recommendations on candidate selection?....

....and wondering about the disparity (my perception) of a news source that promotes two very different candidates on some of the gun rights issues that matter to us.

They also recommend Patty (which is a recommendation I won't take), why are they recommending Sanders?

Is the TNT an unbiased, reliable news source that accurately reports the facts for us to base our choices on?...sorry if I am a little suspect of the assumed media bias during the election process....

So, the final question that I listed at the end of my post was/is:

"Maybe we could get a little more dialoge on the individuals platform issues?"

Please share with me(us), a little more on why we like Sanders?.....Lammo in post #38 is a pretty good example of what "else" I would like to hear....If I lived in Spokansas, I would consider his recommendation well.

.........and some personal research and reading done.....I've convinced myself that he has my vote!....and in particular comments from his opponant saying "that he sides with the criminals to often"....gee, I thought there was something about innocence until being proven guilty....I especially like his "plain reading" of the words of the constitution or law....

http://www.justicesanders.com/ElectingIndependentJudiciary.htm

http://www.justicesanders.com/2007AprilWarOnLiberty.htm

http://www.justicesanders.com/2009MarchGoldwaterInst.htm

You can read more for yourselves @:

http://www.justicesanders.com/writings.html

Last edited:

SeattleJoe

Don't forget to vote on these too.

No on:

Yes on:

Just my opinion of course.