• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rifle / Range rental

SpringfieldEMP

Hello all,

I live in Costa Mesa / Santa Ana California border. I primarily shoot my handguns (as I do not own a rifle. Yet!) but I will be going deer hunting in Texas with my uncle next month.

He has all the equipment I will need. I just need to be able to bring some skill shooting a rifle.

So, does anyone know of a range that would rent me a hunting style rifle for practice at 100 to 200 yards range?

I dont want to go to Texas and really embarrass myself!!

Thanks.

Last edited:

coolusername2007

Excellent suggestion. I attended an Appleseed event and scored Rifleman my first time out. There is also an event at Rainbow (next to Temecula) Oct 23-24th. I highly recommend it. You will learn to shoot a rifle the correct and safe way.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I agree that an Appleseed event is a good one to go to. I went to my first one in the cold, mud, and the rain. I didn't score rifleman though. So, I went a second time and still didn't score rifleman. But I will say that I improved my shooting skills and had fun! :cool: