• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Neighbor Said "There Is No Need To Wear Your Gun In Your Home"

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Wow, that is bad news!

That's OK. My point is/was that AG Condon stopped the home invasions. Unfortunately his successor, McMaster?, rescinded the policy and the home invasions resumed.

The last state I lived in before moving here in 2007 was Florida. The Castle Doctrine went into law on 1 Oct, 2005 in Florida. It was extremely well received by most people but many liberals did the same thing they did in 1987 when concealed carry was passed. "Blood will run in the streets!" Same old rhetoric crap from the extreme left. It never happened.

Does S.C. have the Castle Doctrine? I think 28 or 29 states do now and more are adding it every year!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
SC law is crystal clear compared to WI, the Land of 10,000 Laws

Does S.C. have the Castle Doctrine? I think 28 or 29 states do now and more are adding it every year!
Speaking of which, I welcome Paul Fisher to scfirearms.org's discussion list.

South Carolina Statutes Title 16, Chapter 11, Article 6, § 16-11-410
ARTICLE 6. PROTECTION OF PERSONS AND PROPERTY

SECTION 16-11-410. Citation of article. [SC ST SEC 16-11-410]

This article may be cited as the "Protection of Persons and Property Act".

SECTION 16-11-420. Intent and findings of General Assembly. [SC ST SEC 16-11-420]

(A) It is the intent of the General Assembly to codify the common law Castle Doctrine which recognizes that a person's home is his castle and to extend the doctrine to include an occupied vehicle and the person's place of business.

(B) The General Assembly finds that it is proper for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves, their families, and others from intruders and attackers without fear of prosecution or civil action for acting in defense of themselves and others.

(C) The General Assembly finds that Section 20, Article I of the South Carolina Constitution guarantees the right of the people to bear arms, and this right shall not be infringed.

(D) The General Assembly finds that persons residing in or visiting this State have a right to expect to remain unmolested and safe within their homes, businesses, and vehicles.

(E) The General Assembly finds that no person or victim of crime should be required to surrender his personal safety to a criminal, nor should a person or victim be required to needlessly retreat in the face of intrusion or attack.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Right To The Point! I Wish We Had This Nationwide!

Speaking of which, I welcome Paul Fisher to scfirearms.org's discussion list.

South Carolina Statutes Title 16, Chapter 11, Article 6, § 16-11-410
ARTICLE 6. PROTECTION OF PERSONS AND PROPERTY

SECTION 16-11-410. Citation of article. [SC ST SEC 16-11-410]

This article may be cited as the "Protection of Persons and Property Act".

SECTION 16-11-420. Intent and findings of General Assembly. [SC ST SEC 16-11-420]

(A) It is the intent of the General Assembly to codify the common law Castle Doctrine which recognizes that a person's home is his castle and to extend the doctrine to include an occupied vehicle and the person's place of business.

(B) The General Assembly finds that it is proper for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves, their families, and others from intruders and attackers without fear of prosecution or civil action for acting in defense of themselves and others.

(C) The General Assembly finds that Section 20, Article I of the South Carolina Constitution guarantees the right of the people to bear arms, and this right shall not be infringed.

(D) The General Assembly finds that persons residing in or visiting this State have a right to expect to remain unmolested and safe within their homes, businesses, and vehicles.

(E) The General Assembly finds that no person or victim of crime should be required to surrender his personal safety to a criminal, nor should a person or victim be required to needlessly retreat in the face of intrusion or attack.

That is impressive! Thanks!

Doug Huffman

Banned
I cannot recommend GrassRoots GunRights SC El Presidente Ed Kelleher (once a Navy nuke!) and his VP Director of Legislative Action Robert Butler, DC, JD too highly!!!!!!!!! Rob Butler is one of my Tres Doctores (a la three amigos), also Ben Davis, EED and Neal Seaman Doctor of Citizenship. Neal might be bigger than Hugh Jarmis.

TyGuy

I was jk about the nakedness. Where would I put my holster otherwise?

oak1971

My Neighbor Said "There Is No Need To Wear Your Gun In Your Home"

I will decide whether carry in my own house is prudent for me.

Krusty

Response to Post #8

Officers arrested Singstock for burglary, criminal trespass and disorderly conduct.

Police said Singstock appeared intoxicated and refused to make a statement to investigators. He was taken to the Racine County Jail and was charged Monday with criminal trespass and disorderly conduct. He was given a $300 cash bond and $1,000 signature bond.

Where is the charge for BURGLARY? It seems as if thee "law enforcement" has faile to charge for the most serious crime. Our legal system is a complete failure.

Is it any wonder that we all feel the need to carry for our own protection?

M

McX

Officers arrested Singstock for burglary, criminal trespass and disorderly conduct.

Police said Singstock appeared intoxicated and refused to make a statement to investigators. He was taken to the Racine County Jail and was charged Monday with criminal trespass and disorderly conduct. He was given a $300 cash bond and $1,000 signature bond.

Where is the charge for BURGLARY? It seems as if thee "law enforcement" has faile to charge for the most serious crime. Our legal system is a complete failure.

Is it any wonder that we all feel the need to carry for our own protection?

and i have no doubt, being such a fine upstanding citizen, with a sweetheart deal on his bail, he will attend every court appearance, and adhere to the law.

Doug Huffman

Banned
The open door is arguably an invitation. The cops do not charge. They observe, investigate and detain and have the discretion to recommend a charge. If they reported an open door, that's an open door for a SPD to argue invitation.

PT111

I have several guns stashed around my house now that all of my children are grown so the need to carry 24/7 is not that much of a concern as it may be to some others. I once saw an Internet discussion about what they did with their gun while going to the bathroom in the middle of the night or taking a shower. When the day comes that I can no longer get out of my bed and travel the 15' to the bathroom in the middle of the night without carrying my gun with me is the day that I really have to wonder what has become of this world and my life. I know you can't select the times that you are safe or not and we should always be prepared but there is also a thing called paranoia. Or maybe I have led a sheltered life.

Last edited:
M

McX

The PT speaketh the truth. more guns= more comfort, how comfortable you want to be?