• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL Monthly Meeting Oct. 12th

Ctclassic

Call me crazy, but isn't that like going to a steak dinner put on by PETA???? It just doesn't make sense to me, maybe the powers to be should find a place so as to promote our cause and not detour it. Yes, I am a member(CCDL) but havent made the trip to a meeting yet due to work hour conflictions.

Alex.EastHartford.

maybe the powers to be should find a place so as to promote our cause and not detour

I agree with you ct.CLASSIC. The movement is O.C. But property owners have that right for gun owners not to HAVE or O.C. in there place of business. but you made a great point. CARRY ON!

Lenny Benedetto

Call me crazy, but isn't that like going to a steak dinner put on by PETA???? It just doesn't make sense to me, maybe the powers to be should find a place so as to promote our cause and not detour it. Yes, I am a member(CCDL) but havent made the trip to a meeting yet due to work hour conflictions.

OK Your Crazy!! LOL!!

The CCDL has been in existence for almost 2 years. We have heard this same kind of argument since the day that the landlord ASKED us not to OC there.
We as an organization discussed moving the meeting.
We concluded that the price was right (we do pay for the space).
The location was right (centrally located in the state, somewhat).
We also felt that it was best to keep the time and place consistent (2nd Tueday of EVERY month at the Elks Lodge in Middletown) so that it would be easier for members to remember when and where the meetings are.

These reasons far outweigh the fact that the landlord asked us to CC while there. The CCDL is a pro 2A organization, not just an Open Carry group!

Hope to see you all there!

Last edited: