Thread: Floridians petition for constitutional carry; join us now, we need you!

Floridians petition for constitutional carry; join us now, we need you!

no longer posting here
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nativegator; 10-06-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Richard,

Who is "we". I see where you have posted other ballot initiatives for other issues online in the past but I'm really not sure where you came from or who you are associated with. I can not find a "Florida Ballot Initiative" or "Richard Antolinez" registered as a corporation or officer of a corporation with the Florida Dept. of State.

How about a little info other than a vague plee for signatures and donations. There is a fairly large group of us who are working on Open Carry here and without some coordination of efforts it is just going to confuse the issue. I look forward to having you work with us and appreciate your enthusiasm for the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Nativegator View Post
    "I canít believe you guys were so rude to thru me out of this
    group without even asking a single question.‏; I guess we will have to start our own Meet up group, it sucks that you act like this, and on other site to! Oh well
    here goes nothing...
    As I said:
    How about a little info other than a vague plea for signatures and donations. There is a fairly large group of us who are working on Open Carry here and without some coordination of efforts it is just going to confuse the issue. I look forward to having you work with us and appreciate your enthusiasm for the cause.

Banned
    Groups who have a common goal should put aside petty differences and work together.

The group with the broader goal should cede leadership on the more narrow goal to the group with the narrow goal.

Therefore, Florida Ballot Initiative should take steps to satisfy Florida Open Carry's concerns and allow them to take the lead on this issue.

JMO.

Ok, everyone, a little thicker skin might help us all...

Meanwhile, I'm not sure how Florida's ballot initiaves work. Here in Colorado they begin with a petition, and if enough signatures are gathered, sent to the right office with the right and properly-filled paperwork, it becomes a ballot issue.

Even the small guns can do this.

However, without a lot of backing and paid-for advertisements, it won't pass, for the word simply doesn't get out. This is where the big guns come in.

Thus, as eye95 said, it behooves both sides with common goals to put away differences and work together towards their common goals.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Let's put this is perspective.

• New boy comes to town
    • Nobody knows him
    • He makes a plea for others to join with him in a locally popular cause
    • He asks for donations

When asked for details on himself and his group, the responses are vague and not in direct accord with the questions. Further, he deletes what little response he has made.

Is he legitimate and one that we should/could look to to lead the charge? Franky, I don't know, but I can tell you this - I would neither affiliate with such a group nor offer a donation to such until I have a much clearer profile picture. ymmv

Post script: Nativegator has apparently deleted all of his postings. Why?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-13-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Come open carry and go fishing with us all over Florida on Nov 6th!
    We will have cake!

http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Open-Carry/calendar/list/

*cake offer void unless you bring the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    ...but I'm really not sure where you came from or who you are associated with. I can not find a "Florida Ballot Initiative" or "Richard Antolinez" registered as a corporation or officer of a corporation with the Florida Dept. of State.
    Really? You're really saying this?

How dare someone else try to steal your thunder Mr. Only One... No one else is allowed to make an OC effort in FL, only you!

How much more bleedingly obvious can it get?

Now, lets play another game of censor the messenger... Slap me around as much as you want, I'll never be a boot-licker.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Groups who have a common goal should put aside petty differences and work together.

The group with the broader goal should cede leadership on the more narrow goal to the group with the narrow goal.

Therefore, Florida Ballot Initiative should take steps to satisfy Florida Open Carry's concerns and allow them to take the lead on this issue.

JMO.
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    As expected, along come eye95... Apparently someone died and made him demi-god...

JMO? In which you tell people to do as your twin tells them? A nicely outlined 'what this group should do.'

I think they can do whatever the hell they want to...
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack