• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Floridians petition for constitutional carry; join us now, we need you!

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Richard,

Who is "we". I see where you have posted other ballot initiatives for other issues online in the past but I'm really not sure where you came from or who you are associated with. I can not find a "Florida Ballot Initiative" or "Richard Antolinez" registered as a corporation or officer of a corporation with the Florida Dept. of State.

How about a little info other than a vague plee for signatures and donations. There is a fairly large group of us who are working on Open Carry here and without some coordination of efforts it is just going to confuse the issue. I look forward to having you work with us and appreciate your enthusiasm for the cause.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
"I can’t believe you guys were so rude to thru me out of this
group without even asking a single question.‏; I guess we will have to start our own Meet up group, it sucks that you act like this, and on other site to! Oh well
here goes nothing...

As I said:
How about a little info other than a vague plea for signatures and donations. There is a fairly large group of us who are working on Open Carry here and without some coordination of efforts it is just going to confuse the issue. I look forward to having you work with us and appreciate your enthusiasm for the cause.

eye95

Groups who have a common goal should put aside petty differences and work together.

The group with the broader goal should cede leadership on the more narrow goal to the group with the narrow goal.

Therefore, Florida Ballot Initiative should take steps to satisfy Florida Open Carry's concerns and allow them to take the lead on this issue.

JMO.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Ok, everyone, a little thicker skin might help us all...

Meanwhile, I'm not sure how Florida's ballot initiaves work. Here in Colorado they begin with a petition, and if enough signatures are gathered, sent to the right office with the right and properly-filled paperwork, it becomes a ballot issue.

Even the small guns can do this.

However, without a lot of backing and paid-for advertisements, it won't pass, for the word simply doesn't get out. This is where the big guns come in.

Thus, as eye95 said, it behooves both sides with common goals to put away differences and work together towards their common goals.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Let's put this is perspective.

• New boy comes to town
  • Nobody knows him
  • He makes a plea for others to join with him in a locally popular cause
  • He asks for donations
When asked for details on himself and his group, the responses are vague and not in direct accord with the questions. Further, he deletes what little response he has made.

Is he legitimate and one that we should/could look to to lead the charge? Franky, I don't know, but I can tell you this - I would neither affiliate with such a group nor offer a donation to such until I have a much clearer profile picture. ymmv

Post script: Nativegator has apparently deleted all of his postings. Why?

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
...but I'm really not sure where you came from or who you are associated with. I can not find a "Florida Ballot Initiative" or "Richard Antolinez" registered as a corporation or officer of a corporation with the Florida Dept. of State.

Really? You're really saying this?

How dare someone else try to steal your thunder Mr. Only One... No one else is allowed to make an OC effort in FL, only you!

How much more bleedingly obvious can it get?

Now, lets play another game of censor the messenger... Slap me around as much as you want, I'll never be a boot-licker.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Groups who have a common goal should put aside petty differences and work together.

The group with the broader goal should cede leadership on the more narrow goal to the group with the narrow goal.

Therefore, Florida Ballot Initiative should take steps to satisfy Florida Open Carry's concerns and allow them to take the lead on this issue.

JMO.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

trooper46

As expected, along come eye95... Apparently someone died and made him demi-god...

JMO? In which you tell people to do as your twin tells them? A nicely outlined 'what this group should do.'

I think they can do whatever the hell they want to...

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack