• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boone County Carry

langzaiguy

You and me both, Gutshot. I noticed the same thing. I think this was the first reading of the amendment. I'd like to make one of the next readings.

hotrod

Let me see if I can help. A gentleman that is running for constable requested an audience during the fiscal court meeting with the intent to bring up carry in buildings within Boone County. We are not prohibited from carry on property, just buildings. Unfortunately I was unable to attend. As soon as I know, you will know. Hopefully he was recieved well.

Gunslinger

Are you planning on speak on this ordinance change? If you do I suggest that you point out to the Magistrates that open carry is legal and can not be restricted and their ban on CC forces people to open carry to comply with the law. I've found that when many of them find out about this, concealed carry starts to sound pretty good to them. I usually include a short story of how I walked up to the courthouse and found a "No CC" sign. It was a long way back to the car so I just uncovered because they forced me to. Not true, but a good attention getter.

Usually, it's the other way around: CC is OK, OC is not. Strange that they would allow OC but not CC for permit holders. Denver is just the opposite: CC is legal everywhere with state preemption; their BS no OC ordinance was grandfathered. New SC justices would probably overturn it now.

zer0cool

The part that kinda makes sense is allowing CC in county buildings. County parks on the other hand makes no sense, not only can we carry in county parks. But they cannot pass an ordinance prohibiting it.

hotrod

Not Speaking

Are you planning on speak on this ordinance change? If you do I suggest that you point out to the Magistrates that open carry is legal and can not be restricted and their ban on CC forces people to open carry to comply with the law. I've found that when many of them find out about this, concealed carry starts to sound pretty good to them. I usually include a short story of how I walked up to the courthouse and found a "No CC" sign. It was a long way back to the car so I just uncovered because they forced me to. Not true, but a good attention getter.

No unfortunately, I had another commitment. But if you will look at Mr. Kalil's website at www.defensivehandguntraining.com I believe he would do a very good job. I have not met him, but understand he is a good family guy and very adept with handguns and public speaking. I hope we all can meet sometime and kick around the open carry aspect in Kentucky.

Packer fan

Usually, it's the other way around: CC is OK, OC is not. Strange that they would allow OC but not CC for permit holders. Denver is just the opposite: CC is legal everywhere with state preemption; their BS no OC ordinance was grandfathered. New SC justices would probably overturn it now.

IMHO I think regulating CC makes more sense because if a person OC everyone knows he/she is armed while CC it's a guessing game. I would think most Officials would want OC and not CC. So, I personally have co problems with regulating CC in certain places so long as the individual can OC. I know criminals don't follow the laws anyway and that is the point; law abiding citizens should have not any trouble OC.

Here in Arkansas we are trying to get OC legalized.

aadvark

It is good to know that Boone County knows that just because a CommonWealth Statute gives them the Authority to Restrcit Concealed Weapons from their Property, less the exceptions embedded within The Statute, that does not mean that they have to go by Statute in its entireity.