• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Semi-OT: Looking for good Asian food restaurant w/ sushi!

Genken

Wife wants good Asian food and sushi. Once we figure out a place, everyone is invited to come down. Preferably around the Tacoma area.

My wife and I will also be inviting some friends that she knows and that I work with who don't OC, but they know of OC. Fun fun times! Basically a last get together of people I know and the wife knows.

Any help appreciated!

Deleted_User

There's a KICK ass place down on River Road in Puyallup. I'll get the name and text you.

IDK about OC Friendly though. I've yet to OC it

Genken

Well, as long as it's good. Plus, the farther from base it is, the better. Trying to keep it semi-centrally located as to waaay south near Lewis. Helps with people getting there.

We shall see, I guess.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Are they OC friendly? And is the sushi good? My main thing is the sushi lol

If they are not known to be anti, then go. You will find out if they don't like things that are legal.

I have learned to not worry about OC friendly and just do what I need to do, and in the year I have not been asked to leave anywhere.

amzbrady

I believe the place in Dupont is Super Buffet. I have been there Open Carry and had a conceal carry guy say thanks for putting myself out there as the target so he would have time to find cover and draw. I got a kick out of that, and told him hopefully a criminal would see my open carry firearm and decide not to try anything in the first place. They have pretty good food there. There used to be Foody Goody in the Seatac mall, and another one off of 167 and Grady way in Renton, (dont know if they are still there). There is also a Super Buffet by the super wally world across from Cabelas. Both have about the same stuff. Then there is another one across from Northgate mall, forgot the name but they are big and have alot more and bigger sushi bar. Then theres a really big one, Grand China buffet @ 8104 evergreen way, which is now my favorite, bugers, pizza, chicken, fries, tots for the kids, sushi and a mongolian grill, right off of 526 and evergreen way at the 4 corners.

Chinese buffets are my weakness. I've been to more (I know it's obvious) but I have open carried to all of them. If I get asked to leave I wouldnt think it would be because of my firearm, I would think it would be a profit/loss thing.

Genken

Gogodawgs: True. I guess that should have been my question in the first place.

Amzbrady: Well, her flight lands at 6:15pm, so we're looking at 7-7:30ish dinner.

Goose: Yeah, there's alot of them on River Road that I see...wow.

Deleted_User

Of course I'll be there ..

It's supposedly right next to the Fred Meyer. I'll rush some info to you tomorrow.

superdeluxe

They have all you can eat sushi up at the bar that is a pretty good deal as well, made to order. Only certain hours of the day though.

Genken

Yeah, we will probably be there about 7-730pm, due to her flight and any traffic we may encounter.

But like I said, anyone and everyone is invited to join us once we figure it out!