• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any one in the Everett Area?

amzbrady

I have a bunch of 9mm ammo and 22LR ammo. I would like to use some of it up. Anyone know of a pit or chunk of property close by that we could meet up at and go shoot? I am leaning more towards a pit or property because it would be easier to let the wife and kid shoot at their leisure. This weekend would be good (if it's not raining). If it is Raining maybe we could go to Sams then coffee afterwards. The range guy said that Monday is free for the ladies and is less busy which is better for bringing our kid. I want to get my daughter trained in firing a pistol and rifle. Till now she has been taught not to touch a gun unless "I" hand it to her. Any interest let me know. BTW, I'm not a morning person.

amlevin

The County closed the last easily accessible "Pit" in Snohomish County this summer. For outdoor shooting that isn't a Private Range, you have to go driving up Forest Service roads until you find an area that isn't posted.

Sam's is OK and there is also the Norpoint Range (on NE 172nd just west of Hwy 9). Norpoint might not be as busy as Sam's.

EasyGoin

There was a range on Ebey Island off Hewitt/Hwy 2. I don't know if it's still there or not. Other than the ranges mentioned above, there is the Seattle Rifle and Pistol club in Machias. But it's membership only for the most part unless you go on a hunters sight in day.

joeroket

There was a range on Ebey Island off Hewitt/Hwy 2. I don't know if it's still there or not. Other than the ranges mentioned above, there is the Seattle Rifle and Pistol club in Machias. But it's membership only for the most part unless you go on a hunters sight in day.

http://www.everettsportsmenclub.org/

They are only open Fri, Sat, and Sun noon to 5.

xxx.jakk.xxx

If you don't mind going to the West side of the water, you can head out into the Olympic National Rain Forest.

"Fireworks and Fireamrs:

2. Firing a gun is prohibited in or within 150 yards of a residence,
building, campsite, developed recreation site, or occupied area;
or across or on a road or a body of water "

Metalhead47

Looks like you're out of luck locally. If you really want a good ol' pit we might be able to show you the North Fork pit up by Bellingham, but it's a bit of a drive of course. I could bring along a couple of fun things to properly corrupt your littleun too gun_smilie.gif

fight4your_rights

There are many places to shoot on the west side, you just have to walk a little.

Know the county no-shoot areas, posted on the SnoCo website in the county ordinances. Check maps for accessible roads in DNR and Nat'l Forest, and know their rules for shooting. For the most part, if you're shooting next to a dirt road they will cite you. You'll have to scout possible locations to verify gated roads but it's safe to assume 95% of public property is gated.

Some areas to check out are Mt. Pilchuck east of Granite Falls, NE of Lake Cavenaugh (in Skagit Co), Spada Lake area (a crazy place), and way up in the hills around Mt. Index.

I would advise not to encroach King Co SE of Monroe. The DNR Nazies have absolutely no sense of humor there.

amzbrady

Would be nice to find a few families to hang with and shoot. I know my daughter will get bored with shooting pretty quick, I just want to familiarize her with it and teach her some safety. It would be nice if I could get my wife more interested in my hobby. She enjoyed seeing all the open carriers at Starbucks and got a kick out of being interviewed by KIRO even though they didnt use her bit. My wife was hoping the meetup would have had more families showing up, she kind of felt out of place.

O/T I found this nifty little thing here that is real time chat and thought maybe if it catches on, across OCDO we could get to chat more with our out of staters too. Maybe not, just thought I would throw it out there. Someone smarter could make a new one and attach it to the site. I didnt check the profanity box yet, cause I dont want to limit our 1st A, as we dont want our 2nd A limited, but if it gets used for the wrong reason I will.

http://client4.addonchat.com/chat.php?id=492956