• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone going to the Richmond Folk Festival this weekend (10/08-10/2010)?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm going to be at the Tea Party Convention Friday & Saturday.

I may need to rest up on Sunday.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sunday - Richmond Folk Festival

Gave out about 1/2 a roll of GSL stickers in 3 hours at the Richmond Folk Festival today.
http://www.google.com/search?q=rich...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

or http://tiny.cc/5g2q2

Talked to a lot of people including several VCDL members, gave out a
quantity of VCDL info cards and membership applications.

Enjoyed walking on NPS property (Tredegar Iron Works), but sadly could not enter the buildings and avoided the federal reserve parking lot where a tent was set up.

Only slightly negative issue occurred when I first entered and was lectured about the "rules" by an event staff member - was told that I could walk around and give stickers to anyone that approached me, but that I was NOT to stop and engage them in conversation - you gotta keep moving he told me. Ah, right.......the 1st Amendment is my friend too. :lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Ah, yes. The RULES!

So apparently they could not conceieve it possible that you might enjoy a little free association outside the confines of your analyst's office. as well as some political speech?

But knowing our Grapeshot, and how slowly he can walk, I'm sure the survelience tape will eventually show he was in fact walking. Just need to get it up past 1,000 times normal speed.

And the restrictions on buildings only applies to permanent structures where a Park employee normally, regularly, usually works. Tents are fair game, as are stand-alone restrooms unless NPS has taken to hiring attendants to hand out paper towels.

stay safe.

hunter45

Nope!
I have a date with a tree stand.

I just found out that it is illegal to carry a firearm while bow hunting. Do you know if that law applies when you are on private property? I would really like to carry because I saw a bear last weekend where I hunt...and if that bear decides to attack me and I have to defend myself with just my bow, I might be SOL.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I just found out that it is illegal to carry a firearm while bow hunting. Do you know if that law applies when you are on private property? I would really like to carry because I saw a bear last weekend where I hunt...and if that bear decides to attack me and I have to defend myself with just my bow, I might be SOL.

I had thought that OC was legal while bow hunting, but it is apparently NOT.

Legal Methods and Restrictions During Archery Deer Seasons

Snip....
It is unlawful to have a firearm in possession except that a muzzleloading firearm, as defined in the muzzleloader deer seasons section, may also be in possession when and where there is an overlap with a muzzleloading deer season where deer hunting with a rifle or muzzleloading firearm is permitted.
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/