Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: right to protect property with lethal force

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

right to protect property with lethal force

1st. I am a gun onwer and enthusiast.

What gives any person the right to protect their property with lethal force ?
    Are your physical belongings of such importance you need to take human life to protect them ?
    If no one owned anything (which imho no one should) what would you need to protect other then life itself ?
    All life has a divine right, but that divine right has been taken. Nothing you own is needed, other then in your mind, all other animals on this planet seem to survive just fine without these obsessive belongings.
    so what is another human life worth ?
    your car ?
    your house ?
    what exactly is it that warants the taking of another life ?
    I can only answer this in one sure way. Life is the only thing worth defending with lethal force.
    Would anyone here want me to shoot their child for breaking into my home to steal my tv ?

Thoughts on this ?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX View Post
    1st. I am a gun onwer and enthusiast. ... If no one owned anything (which imho no one should) what would you need to protect other then life itself ?
    IMHO meaning "in my HUMBLE opinion"?

What does this have to do with OC?

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    IMHO meaning "in my HUMBLE opinion"?
    yes in my humble opinion.

So your ok with people stealing......so they steal your t.v......no repercussions, come back and steal your computer...no repercussions....come back and rape your wife......were do you draw the line for you and your family?

Anyone breaks into my home with be met with lethal force no matter what their intentions.

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX
    Quote Originally Posted by jimd_21 View Post
    So your ok with people stealing......so they steal your t.v......no repercussions, come back and steal your computer...no repercussions....come back and rape your wife......were do you draw the line for you and your family?

Anyone breaks into my home with be met with lethal force no matter what their intentions.

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't there laws that give "repercussions" to all of the things listed above ?
    im simply saying i see no real need in taking a human life over a possesion.
    Last edited by XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX; 10-06-2010 at 01:14 PM.

If they are caught LE they will have repercussions.....how many are not caught?

If you read his post he is also advocating that people shouldn't 'own' anything, so this would also be completely legal as well.

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX
    If they are caught LE they will have repercussions.....how many are not caught?
    so we should kill people for stealing ?

criminals get braver with each act that goes unpunished....they steal small items at first...then move to bigger ticket items and soon they if uncaught feel they can get away with anything....just my opinion but me and mine will stay with me and mine

From the Forum Rules: 15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

In just about every jurisdiction (Yes, Texas, we know you are not one of them) using lethal force in the protection of property is a crime.

If you are not sure about the laws in your state please check before you decide to do something that might be illegal. Even Texas has a short list of prerequisites that must be met.

As for the OP's question - are you looking for confirmation that your stated position is absolutely correct? You're not going to get it from me. There are too many possible variables of a home robbery situation to say absolutely yes or absolutely no.

What's your real point in posting this?

stay safe.

Not sure about other states but idaho does have the Castle Doctrine, so perfectly legal here.

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    What's your real point in posting this
    open discussion on people's points of view in hopes to enlighten myself of more then just my own thought process.

excuse me. sheesh.
    Last edited by XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX; 10-06-2010 at 01:31 PM.

I.C. 19-202A, LEGAL JEOPARDY IN CASES OF
    SELF-DEFENSE...

No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy
    of any kind whatsoever for protecting himself or
    his family by reasonable means necessary, or
    when coming to the aid of another whom he reasonably
    believes to be in imminent danger of or the victim
    of aggravated assault, robbery, rape, murder or other
    heinous crime.

I.C.18-4009, JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE BY ANY
    PERSON

2. When committed in defense of habitation, property
    or person, against one who manifestly intends or
    endeavors, by violence or surprise, to commit a felony,
    or against one who manifestly intends and endeavors,
    in a violent, riotous or tumultuous manner,
    to enter the habitation of another for the purpose of
    offering violence to any person therein.
    State Preemption Law
    I.C. 18-3302J(2), PREEMPTION OF FIREARMS

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    1st. I am a gun onwer and enthusiast.

What gives any person the right to protect their property with lethal force ?
    Are your physical belongings of such importance you need to take human life to protect them ?
    I can only answer this in one sure way. Life is the only thing worth defending with lethal force.
    Would anyone here want me to shoot their child for breaking into my home to steal my tv ?

Thoughts on this ?
    We do not have castle doctrine in WI. therefore we may not use deadly force to defend property. If you do use it in defense of property you will likely be charged with "murder". I believe that we should have castle doctrine and that this should be extended to your vehicle. I believe that if someone breaks into my house at night, I should not have to wait around to determine if he is after my ceramic cat figurine collection or to take my life before I may use force to stop the threat. If the intruder happens to die as a result of this force, it may be a senseless loss of life, but better the loss of their life at my hands than my life at their hands.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If I shoot your child, I would feel for your loss, but they would be ultimately responsible for their death because of their actions. I would feel horrible if someone killed my child but if my child were breaking into their home, I would not hold ill will toward the person.

I worked hard for the items that I own. I don't feel a need to give any of it to a criminal, that feels he needs it more. Every choice has a consequence. If you make bad choices, your probably going to experience bad consequences. I will protect my family, and belongings, to a level I see fit. Do you have any cool guns that you "don't own"? Maybe I could come and pick them up, and not own them for a while.

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    From the Forum Rules: 15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

umm I don't recall advocating anything illegal

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't there laws that give "repercussions" to all of the things listed above ?
    im simply saying i see no real need in taking a human life over a possesion.
    Depends on which state you live in. WI is a criminal protected state, where places like TX, protect the innocent rather than the criminal.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX
    Quote Originally Posted by metalman383 View Post
    Do you have any cool guns that you "don't own"? Maybe I could come and pick them up, and not own them for a while.
    lol, infact I have already started getting rid of all things I would consider needless possesion. Some would say the planet is over populated, I do not believe this to be true, I believe that the population over uses resource and I believe if your not a part of the solution you are a part of the problem.

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    I believe that if someone breaks into my house at night, I should not have to wait around to determine if he is after my ceramic cat figurine collection or to take my life before I may use force to stop the threat. If the intruder happens to die as a result of this force, it may be a senseless loss of life, but better the loss of their life at my hands than my life at their hands.
    this makes perfect sence to me, thank you, and agreed

McX
    deleted to protect privacy
    Last edited by McX; 10-06-2010 at 02:35 PM.

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX
    This man wouldn't be a goverment official would he
    I see he is a contractor, I think to many people put trust into someone they don't know and should never prepay for any service renderd. On the other hand if you goto a doctor they will tend to you and just bill you whatever they feel is fair. This does not seem right either.
    Last edited by XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX; 10-06-2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: request to remove name

McX
    no, just a career criminal.

All States need the Castle doctrine for this same reason, why allow someone to violate you and let them continue to violate others, hurting people and wasting tax payer money. It will eventually take someone like this to kill a person before the courts lock him up for a few years.....yes a few years because the prisons are overpopulated and he will be put on parol....
    Last edited by jimd_21; 10-06-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    no, just a career criminal.
    I think you still need to specify.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast