• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

right to protect property with lethal force

• Thread starter XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

1st. I am a gun onwer and enthusiast.

What gives any person the right to protect their property with lethal force ?
Are your physical belongings of such importance you need to take human life to protect them ?
If no one owned anything (which imho no one should) what would you need to protect other then life itself ?
All life has a divine right, but that divine right has been taken. Nothing you own is needed, other then in your mind, all other animals on this planet seem to survive just fine without these obsessive belongings.
so what is another human life worth ?
your car ?
your house ?
what exactly is it that warants the taking of another life ?
I can only answer this in one sure way. Life is the only thing worth defending with lethal force.
Would anyone here want me to shoot their child for breaking into my home to steal my tv ?

Thoughts on this ?

jimd_21

So your ok with people stealing......so they steal your t.v......no repercussions, come back and steal your computer...no repercussions....come back and rape your wife......were do you draw the line for you and your family?

Anyone breaks into my home with be met with lethal force no matter what their intentions.

X

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

So your ok with people stealing......so they steal your t.v......no repercussions, come back and steal your computer...no repercussions....come back and rape your wife......were do you draw the line for you and your family?

Anyone breaks into my home with be met with lethal force no matter what their intentions.

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't there laws that give "repercussions" to all of the things listed above ?
im simply saying i see no real need in taking a human life over a possesion.

Last edited:

Rich B

If you read his post he is also advocating that people shouldn't 'own' anything, so this would also be completely legal as well.

jimd_21

criminals get braver with each act that goes unpunished....they steal small items at first...then move to bigger ticket items and soon they if uncaught feel they can get away with anything....just my opinion but me and mine will stay with me and mine

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
From the Forum Rules: 15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

In just about every jurisdiction (Yes, Texas, we know you are not one of them) using lethal force in the protection of property is a crime.

If you are not sure about the laws in your state please check before you decide to do something that might be illegal. Even Texas has a short list of prerequisites that must be met.

As for the OP's question - are you looking for confirmation that your stated position is absolutely correct? You're not going to get it from me. There are too many possible variables of a home robbery situation to say absolutely yes or absolutely no.

What's your real point in posting this?

stay safe.

X

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

What's your real point in posting this

open discussion on people's points of view in hopes to enlighten myself of more then just my own thought process.

excuse me. sheesh.

Last edited:

jimd_21

I.C. §19-202A, LEGAL JEOPARDY IN CASES OF
SELF-DEFENSE...

No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy
of any kind whatsoever for protecting himself or
his family by reasonable means necessary, or
when coming to the aid of another whom he reasonably
believes to be in imminent danger of or the victim
of aggravated assault, robbery, rape, murder or other
heinous crime.

I.C.§18-4009, JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE BY ANY
PERSON

2. When committed in defense of habitation, property
or person, against one who manifestly intends or
endeavors, by violence or surprise, to commit a felony,
or against one who manifestly intends and endeavors,
in a violent, riotous or tumultuous manner,
to enter the habitation of another for the purpose of
offering violence to any person therein.
State Preemption Law
I.C. §18-3302J(2), PREEMPTION OF FIREARMS

Interceptor_Knight

1st. I am a gun onwer and enthusiast.

What gives any person the right to protect their property with lethal force ?
Are your physical belongings of such importance you need to take human life to protect them ?
I can only answer this in one sure way. Life is the only thing worth defending with lethal force.
Would anyone here want me to shoot their child for breaking into my home to steal my tv ?

Thoughts on this ?
We do not have castle doctrine in WI. therefore we may not use deadly force to defend property. If you do use it in defense of property you will likely be charged with "murder". I believe that we should have castle doctrine and that this should be extended to your vehicle. I believe that if someone breaks into my house at night, I should not have to wait around to determine if he is after my ceramic cat figurine collection or to take my life before I may use force to stop the threat. If the intruder happens to die as a result of this force, it may be a senseless loss of life, but better the loss of their life at my hands than my life at their hands.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If I shoot your child, I would feel for your loss, but they would be ultimately responsible for their death because of their actions. I would feel horrible if someone killed my child but if my child were breaking into their home, I would not hold ill will toward the person.

metalman383

I worked hard for the items that I own. I don't feel a need to give any of it to a criminal, that feels he needs it more. Every choice has a consequence. If you make bad choices, your probably going to experience bad consequences. I will protect my family, and belongings, to a level I see fit. Do you have any cool guns that you "don't own"? Maybe I could come and pick them up, and not own them for a while.

X

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

From the Forum Rules: 15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

umm I don't recall advocating anything illegal :confused:

protias

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't there laws that give "repercussions" to all of the things listed above ?
im simply saying i see no real need in taking a human life over a possesion.
Depends on which state you live in. WI is a criminal protected state, where places like TX, protect the innocent rather than the criminal.

X

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

Do you have any cool guns that you "don't own"? Maybe I could come and pick them up, and not own them for a while.

lol, infact I have already started getting rid of all things I would consider needless possesion. Some would say the planet is over populated, I do not believe this to be true, I believe that the population over uses resource and I believe if your not a part of the solution you are a part of the problem.

X

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

I believe that if someone breaks into my house at night, I should not have to wait around to determine if he is after my ceramic cat figurine collection or to take my life before I may use force to stop the threat. If the intruder happens to die as a result of this force, it may be a senseless loss of life, but better the loss of their life at my hands than my life at their hands.

this makes perfect sence to me, thank you, and agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.