• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC at the mall

Nebduckman

Last Saturday I ventured out to the Westroads mall with the fam. I did not let them know that I was doing it because I did want to hear about it from her and the kids looking at me the whole time in the places we went.
Had no issues, not one person was aware that I had it the whole day. I was very aware of the places we were planning on going and we even stop at several other places that was not on our schedule. I did make plans before leaving just incase I encounter some resistance. I placed the small safe in the trunk of the car for that but again never had to use it. We ended up hitting Kohl's, Sports Authorities, Cheesecake factory, and several others. It was an uneventful day. I even took off my sweatshirt due to the heat later in the day. Only had a T-shirt and still no one noticed. Yet I was nervous the whole time.

Last edited:

Ryan45cal

Be careful carrying at Westroads; they have a sign up to the left of the doors when you enter, that prohbits possessing firearms on the premises. In most states this would not matter, but naturally Nebraska has no legal signange standards...among other things.

Nebduckman

westroads

Be careful carrying at Westroads; they have a sign up to the left of the doors when you enter, that prohbits possessing firearms on the premises. In most states this would not matter, but naturally Nebraska has no legal signange standards...among other things.

Are your sure. What set of doors. We went through the Kohl's and I made sure to be looking. even for the smalldecal in the far corners.

Ryan45cal

I know the doors by TGI Fridays and the food court have the signs on the wall; I'm not sure about the rest. It's a sign that has a list of prohibited activities, and among the many listed, firearm possesion is one of them. Even if one enters through a non-posted entrance, I wouldn't want to be the poor soul that gets caught with a firearm there.

The fact that carrying past a sign is a misdemeanor, and that basically all signs carry weight, is a joke. Either make it so signs carry no weight, or make signage standards, like 90% of the other states with ccw laws. Of course, Nebraska always has to re-invent the stupid wheel each time with every law...

XDSTEEL

question

Soo i am going to Beatrice to visit some friends. Anyways I have no Permit from any state on the list that Nebraska recongizes. can i still open carry?