Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Workman to discuss Toms incident

Dave Workman to discuss Toms incident

Dave advised me that he will be on KOMO at 12:15 Ken Schramm to discuss Toms Incident.

Thanks for the info. I'll be listening and recording it.
    Last edited by Ajetpilot; 10-06-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mik253 View Post
    Tv or radio?
    I was wondering the same. If it's radio, is there a way to stream it to my computer?
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Quote Originally Posted by xxx.jakk.xxx View Post
    I was wondering the same. If it's radio, is there a way to stream it to my computer?
    Upper right corner allows for streaming of TV or Radio: http://www.komonews.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheJeepster View Post
    Upper right corner allows for streaming of TV or Radio: http://www.komonews.com/
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Thanks!
    There is even one for the Police Scanner I have to assume they use. That's kind of interesting that they would have that available.

Off topic, but when I went there there was a headline "Councilman mauled by bear". I could only think 2 things, I bet he wishes he had a gun and why the hell does that woman look so happy about it?
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Radio 1000 AM

There is even one for the Police Scanner I have to assume they use. That's kind of interesting that they would have that available.
    It's a messed up hodgepodge of different talk groups.

Waste of time, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    It's a messed up hodgepodge of different talk groups.

Waste of time, usually.
    That's also what I have found when trying to listen to scanner info. I have an app for that. :-)

Off topic, but when I went there there was a headline "Councilman mauled by bear". I could only think 2 things, I bet he wishes he had a gun and why the hell does that woman look so happy about it?
    A gun would not likely have done him any good based on his account. The bear was on him quick and had him down. Plus handgun against a bear would be more likely to piss them off more. That being said....it would have been nice to at least be able to fight back with something besides the bear breaking a tooth on your skull.

12pm Tv has "All my children"

KOMO radio live link:
    http://www.komonews.com/aboutradio/live/42934697.html

A gun would not likely have done him any good based on his account. The bear was on him quick and had him down. Plus handgun against a bear would be more likely to piss them off more. That being said....it would have been nice to at least be able to fight back with something besides the bear breaking a tooth on your skull.
    I know that in most cases a handgun won't take down a bear, but a larger caliber handgun against a black bear would stand a chance of stopping it. Though... I don't know how useful it would be if the bear was on you out of nowhere.

20 minutes 'till. Hope it's good. =p
    Last edited by xxx.jakk.xxx; 10-06-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Molōn labe!

Against a black bear a handgun could be pretty effective, actually.

You don't need to kill it to make it leave the fight. (They aren't like big brown bears.)
    Last edited by maclean; 10-06-2010 at 02:59 PM.

5 more minutes to anyone wanting to listen.

Molōn labe!

on now
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Of course Schramm would just give his ID.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Well, that was disappointing.
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

That was indeed very disappointing...

Schram "Here's what happened..."
    Schram "This is why I think you should just give your ID"
    Dave "You shouldn't Have to"
    Schram "Well, i think you're wrong and we have to wrap it up"

That's essentially the conversation I heard...
    Last edited by xxx.jakk.xxx; 10-06-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Molōn labe!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    +10,000

Why?

That was indeed very disappointing...

Schram "Here's what happened..."
    Schram "This is why I think you should just give your ID"
    Dave "You shouldn't Have to"
    Schram "Well, i think you're wrong and we have to wrap it up"

That's essentially the conversation I heard...
    And that's why Ken Schramm is considered by many to be Seattle's #1 Liberal A-hole. Unlike Mayors that come and go, "Schrammie" keeps going on, and on, and on.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    And that's why Ken Schramm is considered by many to be Seattle's #1 Liberal A-hole. Unlike Mayors that come and go, "Schrammie" keeps going on, and on, and on.
    I hadn't heard anything about Schram prior to the interview, so I thought that it would be a non-biased interview...

Molōn labe!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Why?
    I honestly expected / hoped for a stronger argument for Fourth Amendment rights and a turning away from it being some sort of Second Amendment "kerfuffle."

Also, little of what was said actually was supportive of Mr. Brewster in any way, and could easily be heard as being flatly against his actions.

(You asked.)
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast