• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dave Workman to discuss Toms incident

DEROS72

Dave advised me that he will be on KOMO at 12:15 Ken Schramm to discuss Toms Incident.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Off topic, but when I went there there was a headline "Councilman mauled by bear". I could only think 2 things, I bet he wishes he had a gun and why the hell does that woman look so happy about it?

maclean

There is even one for the Police Scanner I have to assume they use. That's kind of interesting that they would have that available.

It's a messed up hodgepodge of different talk groups.

Waste of time, usually.

TheJeepster

Off topic, but when I went there there was a headline "Councilman mauled by bear". I could only think 2 things, I bet he wishes he had a gun and why the hell does that woman look so happy about it?

A gun would not likely have done him any good based on his account. The bear was on him quick and had him down. Plus handgun against a bear would be more likely to piss them off more. That being said....it would have been nice to at least be able to fight back with something besides the bear breaking a tooth on your skull.

xxx.jakk.xxx

A gun would not likely have done him any good based on his account. The bear was on him quick and had him down. Plus handgun against a bear would be more likely to piss them off more. That being said....it would have been nice to at least be able to fight back with something besides the bear breaking a tooth on your skull.

I know that in most cases a handgun won't take down a bear, but a larger caliber handgun against a black bear would stand a chance of stopping it. Though... I don't know how useful it would be if the bear was on you out of nowhere.

20 minutes 'till. Hope it's good. =p

Last edited:

maclean

Against a black bear a handgun could be pretty effective, actually.

You don't need to kill it to make it leave the fight. (They aren't like big brown bears.)

Last edited:

xxx.jakk.xxx

That was indeed very disappointing...

Schram "Here's what happened..."
Schram "This is why I think you should just give your ID"
Dave "You shouldn't Have to"
Schram "Well, i think you're wrong and we have to wrap it up"

That's essentially the conversation I heard...

Last edited: