• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dave Workman to discuss Toms incident

amlevin

That was indeed very disappointing...

Schram "Here's what happened..."
Schram "This is why I think you should just give your ID"
Dave "You shouldn't Have to"
Schram "Well, i think you're wrong and we have to wrap it up"

That's essentially the conversation I heard...

And that's why Ken Schramm is considered by many to be Seattle's #1 Liberal A-hole. Unlike Mayors that come and go, "Schrammie" keeps going on, and on, and on.

xxx.jakk.xxx

And that's why Ken Schramm is considered by many to be Seattle's #1 Liberal A-hole. Unlike Mayors that come and go, "Schrammie" keeps going on, and on, and on.

I hadn't heard anything about Schram prior to the interview, so I thought that it would be a non-biased interview...

Tomas

Well, that was disappointing.

I honestly expected / hoped for a stronger argument for Fourth Amendment rights and a turning away from it being some sort of Second Amendment "kerfuffle."

Also, little of what was said actually was supportive of Mr. Brewster in any way, and could easily be heard as being flatly against his actions.

(You asked.)

Tawnos

And you weren't very strong on the "where does one draw the line" aspect. You basically put it out there as "eh, I think he did the wrong thing, some might defend his actions as such, but who cares about them"

The fact is he was illegally detained and questioned, when the officer admitted to knowing that open carry is legal. Without evidence or a reasonable suspicion the person was a felon, the officer's detainment, search, and seizure were all unreasonable (4th amendment) and not authorized by law (art 1 sec 7). This is unacceptable in Washington State in the USA, and it should have been hammered home as such. Forget the gun aspect, the citizen was engaging in a legal activity and the officer detained him.

Dave Workman

When I'm on the air in an analyst function, I'm NOT YOUR ADVOCATE.

Remember, Schram introduced me as Senior editor of Gun Week....this was a short discussion of the situation.

I offered the overview of the divided opinions about this in the broad firearms community, and with the limited time, did that as best as possible. It's YOUR job as OC activists/advocates to jam Schrambo's phone lines and make your points.

Tawnos

Remember, Schram introduced me as Senior editor of Gun Week....this was a short discussion of the situation.

I offered the overview of the divided opinions about this in the broad firearms community, and with the limited time, did that as best as possible. It's YOUR job as OC activists/advocates to jam Schrambo's phone lines and make your points.

I don't expect you to be *my* advocate. I expect you to advocate the constitution!

amlevin

I hadn't heard anything about Schram prior to the interview, so I thought that it would be a non-biased interview...

I used to listen to him on "The Commentators" which he did with John Carlson. Whenever guns were mentioned he would usually go off on a rant. Carlson was a lot more 2A and Constitution oriented in his positions than Schram.

It got to the point where the show was difficult to listen to. They've separated them with Carlson on in the morning, Schram in the PM. At noon I switch to Kiro FM and listen to Dori Monson. Schram considers himself a "Legend in his own mind" when it comes to Seattle politics and current affairs.

Claims to be a Vietnam Vet but I'm not sure he ever served "in country". Claims to know all about how people behave when a gun if fired. Thinks that all the guns in private possession will lead to a Vietnam-like firefight on the streets of Seattle, where the first shot is fired and everyone then starts shooting without knowing what they're shooting at. John Carlson told him he was "FOS" when he said that but Schram wasn't hearing any of it.

TheJeepster

I had never listened to Ken Schram's radio show before. I found his radio show less like talk radio and more like news blips that teased the listener by including brief comments from "experts" who weigh in on the current topic.

The segment before Dave's was very similar. It was Ken hearing the information, stating his opinion and moving on. Not sure what type of news format this is, but it was consistent with the rest of his segments.

I'm disappointed in the interview because I expected more back and forth and explanation into why OC members are upset. I expected the 2nd and 4th amendment rights violations to be the topic of conversation that was carried through the interview.

I was disappointed because I EXPECTED something completely different than what was delivered, and in a style of radio format I was unfamiliar with.

Last edited:

TheJeepster

Really? My .44 Mag and .45 Colt Ruger loads won't stop a bear? Guess I should let 'em know to get up and start running again, then. In fact, my 10MM is plenty to stop bear. And that's my "pipsqueak" carry piece.....

Glad your prepared! Now if you can only get your head out of the bear's mouth and teeth..... ;)

Bobarino

You can say that again. So when ARE you our advocate? I still can't find an instance where you didn't find something an OC'er did wrong, or criticize the way in which they carry, their choice of firearms etc. Why are you even on the OC board Dave? The only time you really seem to support it/us is when people OC in a very narrow realm of how YOU think people should carry or what they should carry.

Bobby

Last edited:

DEROS72

I called Ken Schramms producer and with Toms permission he said he would get Tom on the show tomorrow.

Prior to this prodcast Dave consulted with me as to a consenus of our view point and I expressed most of those you all have stated.I am not going to get into Dave Bashing . I do have a great respect for Dave.He is not an advocate for one point of view and was ask to give his analysis.He has in the past given us a pretty fair shake in his columns etc.He even did the cooking for us at last years Willow lake.
That being said after talking about this before the broadcast I do feel points were left out ,and since open carry was involved someone within the group should have a say as well. Tom for instance .Points like he wasn't being detained,and no RAS was stated and others, and Shramm left with the remark ,just another guy with a chip on his shoulder.

I believe that cops do not have the right to ID folks in engaged in a legal activity gun or not and I will fight this with my last breath if need be.

Last edited:

Kryteon

I liked the interview

I think Dave Workman did fine. He hit the important points in a VERY limited amount of time. How many days has it been and people are still debating the issue here.

I know I couldn't have done any better.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

j2l3

Prior to this prodcast Dave consulted with me as to a consenus of our view point and I expressed most of those you all have stated......

Wait, he called ONE person to get a consensus? No offense DEROS but one person does not make a consensus. It makes one persons point of view on a topic.

DEROS72

Thats freaking brilliant Bill ! Send that to Shramm and others. And after listening again Dave did try to get our side out but was being interupted .

DEROS72

Wait, he called ONE person to get a consensus? No offense DEROS but one person does not make a consensus. It makes one persons point of view on a topic.
Understood , since I was asked I attempted to relate comments, analogies and views I have heard from many here not just mine.

Spelling me? go figure.

Last edited: