Thread: This is how the rest of us get a bad name

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va

This is how the rest of us get a bad name

http://vagazette.com/articles/2010/1...3399838115.txt

Stupid people make it hard for the rest of us. Notice how they were quick to point out she was open carrying and she also had just gotten a concealed carry permit. Would they have done that if she didnt have one?

Drunk people doing stupid things make it hard for everyone!

TFred

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000ydshooter View Post

Stupid people make it hard for the rest of us. Notice how they were quick to point out she was open carrying and she also had just gotten a concealed carry permit. Would they have done that if she didnt have one?
    That's nothing new unfortunately...

A fledgling politician was trying to convince me he was Pro Gun the other day.
    One of his arguments was that he had been a Special Conservator of the Peace in Richmond.

He doesn't know it, but I had met him in those days and they were really called Special Police and the city handed them out like candy. It was one way to get a CCW in the old "may issue" courts.

One such Special Police officer (Which was only valid for a Drug Store in the Fan)
    Was Tyrone Kenny.
    Tyrone could neither read nor write and had most of his teeth knocked out.

He was famous for jumping out of his car when he'd spot evil in the making and yell "Pweece" and pull his gun.

Most people in the area knew him and just ran off so Tyrone started firing warning shots.
    This was a weekly occurrence.

When that finally made the papers, the magistrate charged him with one count.
    Before he made it to court, he raped his Cousin and got some jail time.

Sounds to me like an office romance gone bad...that's what the idiot gets for dipping his pen in the company ink...can you say "Fatal Attraction?"

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Stupidity is not an exclusive trait to any one segment of the population.

The real question is how many OCers and CCers did NOT do any thing stupid this day?
    My best estimate 99.99% or better.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    If that's open carry, then I'm surprised the media doesn't say every bank robber who points a gun at a teller is "open carrying"
    "The incident occurred around 9 p.m. last Friday when a woman wearing a holster and gun in full view walked into the office of the Travel Lodge on Capitol Landing Road and asked for the key to a specific room where a man was registered."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    "The incident occurred around 9 p.m. last Friday when a woman wearing a holster and gun in full view walked into the office of the Travel Lodge on Capitol Landing Road and asked for the key to a specific room where a man was registered."
    Was she open carrying because she was trying to look like a police officer or was she open carrying because she open carries?

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Was she open carrying because she was trying to look like a police officer or was she open carrying because she open carries?
    According to the article, she did/said several things in pretending to be a LEO.

According to the article, she did/said several things in pretending to be a LEO.
    Yes.. but had she not been pretending to be a police officer would she have been open carrying is my point.

Not really. It's hard on her, not on me.

I still have my rights. The government cannot change that without changing the state constitution.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

She must have nodded off in class when the instructor said, "A permit does not make you a police officer."

Silly girl thinks a gun and permit makes a cop.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Stupidity is not an exclusive trait to any one segment of the population.

The real question is how many OCers and CCers did NOT do any thing stupid this day?
    My best estimate 99.99% or better.
    +1, there is always bad and stupid in everything, unfortunately you cant fix stupid. So how many people with a license to drive break the law and or are stupid drivers? Go figure that is a privilege and not a right. It can and does cause death and injury, and it can legally be taken away..Yet most would rather focus on the small percentage as grape pointed out rather than something that is a bigger issue. From the sound of it too, if she was that screwed up, I doubt she would have cared if OC was legal or not.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    luckily we're usually able to "alter" it peacefully with elections, but if not, the people have the ability otherwise.
    Yes, but they're able to alter it whenever they please and without a shred of authority.

And election after election "we" vote in criminals and pathological liars and reprobates thinking that we can somehow affect change.

All we change is the names and the faces, the machinery of their deplorable intent thunders on.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.