• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is how the rest of us get a bad name

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
http://vagazette.com/articles/2010/10/06/news/doc4cab9c3e902c3399838115.txt

Stupid people make it hard for the rest of us. Notice how they were quick to point out she was open carrying and she also had just gotten a concealed carry permit. Would they have done that if she didnt have one?

That's nothing new unfortunately...

A fledgling politician was trying to convince me he was Pro Gun the other day.
One of his arguments was that he had been a Special Conservator of the Peace in Richmond.

He doesn't know it, but I had met him in those days and they were really called Special Police and the city handed them out like candy. It was one way to get a CCW in the old "may issue" courts.

One such Special Police officer (Which was only valid for a Drug Store in the Fan)
Was Tyrone Kenny.
Tyrone could neither read nor write and had most of his teeth knocked out.

He was famous for jumping out of his car when he'd spot evil in the making and yell "Pweece" and pull his gun.

Most people in the area knew him and just ran off so Tyrone started firing warning shots.
This was a weekly occurrence.

When that finally made the papers, the magistrate charged him with one count.
Before he made it to court, he raped his Cousin and got some jail time.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Stupidity is not an exclusive trait to any one segment of the population.

The real question is how many OCers and CCers did NOT do any thing stupid this day?
My best estimate 99.99% or better.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If that's open carry, then I'm surprised the media doesn't say every bank robber who points a gun at a teller is "open carrying" :banghead::uhoh::(

"The incident occurred around 9 p.m. last Friday when a woman wearing a holster and gun in full view walked into the office of the Travel Lodge on Capitol Landing Road and asked for the key to a specific room where a man was registered."
http://vagazette.com/articles/2010/1...3399838115.txt

curtiswr

"The incident occurred around 9 p.m. last Friday when a woman wearing a holster and gun in full view walked into the office of the Travel Lodge on Capitol Landing Road and asked for the key to a specific room where a man was registered."

Was she open carrying because she was trying to look like a police officer or was she open carrying because she open carries?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Was she open carrying because she was trying to look like a police officer or was she open carrying because she open carries?

According to the article, she did/said several things in pretending to be a LEO.

kennys

Stupidity is not an exclusive trait to any one segment of the population.

The real question is how many OCers and CCers did NOT do any thing stupid this day?
My best estimate 99.99% or better.

+1, there is always bad and stupid in everything, unfortunately you cant fix stupid. So how many people with a license to drive break the law and or are stupid drivers? Go figure that is a privilege and not a right. It can and does cause death and injury, and it can legally be taken away..Yet most would rather focus on the small percentage as grape pointed out rather than something that is a bigger issue. From the sound of it too, if she was that screwed up, I doubt she would have cared if OC was legal or not.

wylde007

luckily we're usually able to "alter" it peacefully with elections, but if not, the people have the ability otherwise.
Yes, but they're able to alter it whenever they please and without a shred of authority.

And election after election "we" vote in criminals and pathological liars and reprobates thinking that we can somehow affect change.

All we change is the names and the faces, the machinery of their deplorable intent thunders on.