Thread: A little insight on how the madison police "think".

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

A little insight on how the madison police "think".

Pay special attention to the part where they say that if they would have cooperated the fines would be much less.

Fines issued after UW-Madison kegger total $86,000

Police say 3 hosts didn't cooperate

By Sharif Durhams and Cailley Hammel of the Journal Sentinel
    Oct. 5, 2010 |(116) Comments
    It must have been some party. Madison's city attorney's office has slapped three University of Wisconsin-Madison students with fines totaling more than $86,000 for hosting a house party last month that led to more than 130 citations, Madison police said Tuesday. ğRead Full Article

Some of the comments mention that this is their way of raising money to pay for the lawsuit arising from the "open carry" incident.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Pay special attention to the part where they say that if they would have cooperated the fines would be much less.

Fines issued after UW-Madison kegger total $86,000

Police say 3 hosts didn't cooperate

By Sharif Durhams and Cailley Hammel of the Journal Sentinel
    Oct. 5, 2010 |(116) Comments
    It must have been some party. Madison's city attorney's office has slapped three University of Wisconsin-Madison students with fines totaling more than $86,000 for hosting a house party last month that led to more than 130 citations, Madison police said Tuesday. ğRead Full Article

Some of the comments mention that this is their way of raising money to pay for the lawsuit arising from the "open carry" incident.
    Madison's City Attorney can go **** himself. Innocent until proven guilty. A court decides the fines, not some shyster lawyer.

Yep I heard that and thought that it sounded about right for the People's Republic. Next they'll be drowning baby girls in the lakes because of "over population."

In my time at UW-Madison, I went to plenty of parties like that and never received a ticket. I think it certainly is in their scope of operations to decide to crack down on a known income generating violation to get some cash. Interesting that they are just now trying to avoid sexual assault and other crimes related to drinking when they can't seem to solve murders...

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/45627547.html

With all that going around, I'm inclined to start carrying a cop around lest I become the next victim never receiving justice.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    . A court decides the fines, not some shyster lawyer.
    The devil is in the details and the actual word. A forfeiture is a civil penalty specified in Wisconsin law and not the result of a criminal charge. It is quite at the discretion of the CA.

Here is the video link, listen to SGT Fiore's wording about these "High Profile things" and think about another large recent incident. Hmm any similarities???

http://www.channel3000.com/localvide...x.html?v=31269
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 10-06-2010 at 06:34 PM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Well, if "safety" was their concern, why didn't they cite them for violations of the fire code?