• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little insight on how the madison police "think".

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Pay special attention to the part where they say that if they would have cooperated the fines would be much less.

Fines issued after UW-Madison kegger total $86,000

Police say 3 hosts didn't cooperate

By Sharif Durhams and Cailley Hammel of the Journal Sentinel
Oct. 5, 2010 |(116) Comments
It must have been some party. Madison's city attorney's office has slapped three University of Wisconsin-Madison students with fines totaling more than $86,000 for hosting a house party last month that led to more than 130 citations, Madison police said Tuesday. »Read Full Article

Some of the comments mention that this is their way of raising money to pay for the lawsuit arising from the "open carry" incident.

Gunslinger

Pay special attention to the part where they say that if they would have cooperated the fines would be much less.

Fines issued after UW-Madison kegger total $86,000

Police say 3 hosts didn't cooperate

By Sharif Durhams and Cailley Hammel of the Journal Sentinel
Oct. 5, 2010 |(116) Comments
It must have been some party. Madison's city attorney's office has slapped three University of Wisconsin-Madison students with fines totaling more than $86,000 for hosting a house party last month that led to more than 130 citations, Madison police said Tuesday. »Read Full Article

Some of the comments mention that this is their way of raising money to pay for the lawsuit arising from the "open carry" incident.

Madison's City Attorney can go **** himself. Innocent until proven guilty. A court decides the fines, not some shyster lawyer.

anmut

Yep I heard that and thought that it sounded about right for the People's Republic. Next they'll be drowning baby girls in the lakes because of "over population."

GlockFirstQsLater

In my time at UW-Madison, I went to plenty of parties like that and never received a ticket. I think it certainly is in their scope of operations to decide to crack down on a known income generating violation to get some cash. Interesting that they are just now trying to avoid sexual assault and other crimes related to drinking when they can't seem to solve murders...

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/45627547.html

With all that going around, I'm inclined to start carrying a cop around lest I become the next victim never receiving justice:banghead:.