Thread: Intro with a couple question

Question Intro with a couple question

Hello everyone, My name is Brandon and I was referred here sometime ago by McX. I try to OC as much as possible seeing my work requires us to How ever due to me being of the youning generation and history with some local LEO's I sometimes refrain in certain places. That and the stainless slide on my XD seems to catch everyones eye

I know the basics on places where you can and CAN NOT OC, Which leads me to my question....

What is the OC "law" on Private property that you do not own?

Example: I live in a fairly large apartment complex downtown, Am I breaking the law by OC-ing through out the building or to and from my Apartment to my car? The building I live in has no posted signs or notes that would lead me to believe that it was, Though the looks I receive while doing this does worry me of a DC charge.

Thanks
    ~B

Edite: McX SN correction
    Last edited by BRAND0N; 10-07-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    i would think it as the same as renting a house you pay money to live there so it is your home and your home just so happens to be on the same property as many other homes if itsnot in your lease that you cannot carry give'r heck and carry on
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 10-06-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: bad grammER

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Brandon do you have a lease or rental agreement? If so read to see what it has to say about firearms ,it may say nothing at all. Let us know .

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    if its not in your lease that you cannot carry give'r heck and carry on
    You say if its not in my lease.. So if my lease states nothing on the standpoint of "Open carrying" then it's legal?

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    Brandon do you have a lease or rental agreement? If so read to see what it has to say about firearms ,it may say nothing at all. Let us know .
    Yes I do have a lease, though I do not remember reading anything on firearms. I will reread it shortly and reply with the standings

http://wis-law.com/tenant.html

Do your research to see what restrictions your landlord can put into your lease. Once you step outside you are probably no longer under the provisions of the lease.

stay safe.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Interesting link URL wis-law.com. A site search for "gun" and "firearm" got one apropos hit in DV law.

I open carry in my apartment building every day. I see the police here 2-3 times a week so i feel there is a need once when the fire alarm went off I counted 3 people with home arrest ankle bracelets on. Just the other day the cops where here cause another tentant beat up his girlfriend. go figure it would be that way at a building that charges 650 to rent a single bedroom with a loft.

Welcome aboard Brandon, we are proud to have you with us.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Welcome !!!

I encourage you to read this: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/legal.html

You can find a pamphlet regarding Wisconsin gun rights here: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/WC...Fold_rev_1.pdf

For a list of upcoming events, check our events page http://www.wisconsincarry.org/events.html we update it regularly so continue to check back.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc is also on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=340160200214

and Twitter: http://twitter.com/wisconsincarry

Continue to ask questions and post your experiences on the forum.

Again, WELCOME and Carry On.

Welcome Brandon. I hope to meet you at one of the many events.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane28 View Post
    I open carry in my apartment building every day. I see the police here 2-3 times a week so i feel there is a need once when the fire alarm went off I counted 3 people with home arrest ankle bracelets on. Just the other day the cops where here cause another tentant beat up his girlfriend. go figure it would be that way at a building that charges 650 to rent a single bedroom with a loft.

Hmmm. sounds like a line from a favorite song of mine: kill you for your crack spot, take everything your ass got....

remain dilligent, the threats are obviously close! Carry on!

Also: Welcome to the forum there Brandon. Your in the company of Honorable Men.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    You're in the company of Honorable Men.
    ::ahem::
    (How 'bout honorable people?)

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    ::ahem::
    (How 'bout honorable people?)
    You should know we are not politically correct.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/men
    [man] Show IPA noun, plural men, verb, manned, man·ning, interjection –noun 1. an adult male person, as distinguished from a boy or a woman.

2. a member of the species **** sapiens or all the members of this species collectively, without regard to sex: prehistoric man.

3. the human individual as representing the species, without reference to sex; the human race; humankind: Man hopes for peace, but prepares for war.

4. a human being; person: to give a man a chance; When the audience smelled the smoke, it was every man for himself.

5. a husband.

6. a male lover or sweetheart.

7. a male follower or subordinate: the king's men. He's the boss's number one man.

8. a male employee or representative, esp. of a company or agency: a Secret Service man; a man from the phone company.

9. a male having qualities considered typical of men or appropriately masculine: Be a man. The army will make a man of you.

10. a male servant.

11. a valet.

12. enlisted man.

13. an enthusiast or devotee: I like jazz, but I'm essentially a classics man.

14. Slang . male friend; ally: You're my main man.

15. a term of familiar address to a man; fellow: Now, now, my good man, please calm down.

16. Slang . a term of familiar address to a man or a woman: Hey, man, take it easy.

17. one of the pieces used in playing certain games, as chess or checkers.

18. History/Historical . a liegeman; vassal.

19. Obsolete . manly character or courage.

20. the man, Slang . a. a person or group asserting authority or power over another, esp. in a manner experienced as being oppressive, demeaning, or threatening, as an employer, the police, or a dominating racial group.

b. a person or group upon whom one is dependent, as the drug supplier for an addict.

Also, the Man.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thanks everyone