• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Intro with a couple question

BRAND0N

Hello everyone, My name is Brandon and I was referred here sometime ago by McX. I try to OC as much as possible seeing my work requires us to How ever due to me being of the youning generation and history with some local LEO's I sometimes refrain in certain places. That and the stainless slide on my XD seems to catch everyones eye:shocker:

I know the basics on places where you can and CAN NOT OC, Which leads me to my question....

What is the OC "law" on Private property that you do not own?

Example: I live in a fairly large apartment complex downtown, Am I breaking the law by OC-ing through out the building or to and from my Apartment to my car? The building I live in has no posted signs or notes that would lead me to believe that it was, Though the looks I receive while doing this does worry me of a DC charge.

Thanks
~B

Edite: McX SN correction

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

i would think it as the same as renting a house you pay money to live there so it is your home and your home just so happens to be on the same property as many other homes if itsnot in your lease that you cannot carry give'r heck and carry on

Last edited:

BRAND0N

Brandon do you have a lease or rental agreement? If so read to see what it has to say about firearms ,it may say nothing at all. Let us know .

Yes I do have a lease, though I do not remember reading anything on firearms. I will reread it shortly and reply with the standings

Shane28

I open carry in my apartment building every day. I see the police here 2-3 times a week so i feel there is a need once when the fire alarm went off I counted 3 people with home arrest ankle bracelets on. Just the other day the cops where here cause another tentant beat up his girlfriend. go figure it would be that way at a building that charges 650 to rent a single bedroom with a loft.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Welcome !!!

I encourage you to read this: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/legal.html

You can find a pamphlet regarding Wisconsin gun rights here: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/WCI_Tri-Fold_rev_1.pdf

For a list of upcoming events, check our events page http://www.wisconsincarry.org/events.html we update it regularly so continue to check back.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc is also on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=340160200214

and Twitter: http://twitter.com/wisconsincarry

Continue to ask questions and post your experiences on the forum.

Again, WELCOME and Carry On.

M

McX

I open carry in my apartment building every day. I see the police here 2-3 times a week so i feel there is a need once when the fire alarm went off I counted 3 people with home arrest ankle bracelets on. Just the other day the cops where here cause another tentant beat up his girlfriend. go figure it would be that way at a building that charges 650 to rent a single bedroom with a loft.

Hmmm. sounds like a line from a favorite song of mine: kill you for your crack spot, take everything your ass got....

remain dilligent, the threats are obviously close! Carry on!

Also: Welcome to the forum there Brandon. Your in the company of Honorable Men.

protias

::ahem::
(How 'bout honorable people?)
You should know we are not politically correct. ;)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/men
[man] Show IPA noun, plural men, verb, manned, man·ning, interjection –noun 1. an adult male person, as distinguished from a boy or a woman.

2. a member of the species Homo sapiens or all the members of this species collectively, without regard to sex: prehistoric man.

3. the human individual as representing the species, without reference to sex; the human race; humankind: Man hopes for peace, but prepares for war.

4. a human being; person: to give a man a chance; When the audience smelled the smoke, it was every man for himself.

5. a husband.

6. a male lover or sweetheart.

7. a male follower or subordinate: the king's men. He's the boss's number one man.

8. a male employee or representative, esp. of a company or agency: a Secret Service man; a man from the phone company.

9. a male having qualities considered typical of men or appropriately masculine: Be a man. The army will make a man of you.

10. a male servant.

11. a valet.

12. enlisted man.

13. an enthusiast or devotee: I like jazz, but I'm essentially a classics man.

14. Slang . male friend; ally: You're my main man.

15. a term of familiar address to a man; fellow: Now, now, my good man, please calm down.

16. Slang . a term of familiar address to a man or a woman: Hey, man, take it easy.

17. one of the pieces used in playing certain games, as chess or checkers.

18. History/Historical . a liegeman; vassal.

19. Obsolete . manly character or courage.

20. the man, Slang . a. a person or group asserting authority or power over another, esp. in a manner experienced as being oppressive, demeaning, or threatening, as an employer, the police, or a dominating racial group.

b. a person or group upon whom one is dependent, as the drug supplier for an addict.

Also, the Man.