• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scott walker on open and concealed carry

Yooper

Guys,

They can never forbid open carry. There should be NO prohibition against concealed carry under the state constitution. I'm not even sure why it's an issue. Just challenge any anti-ccw laws as unconstitutional. The wording is unambiguous and it specifies security and defense.

"Right to keep and bear arms. SECTION 25. [As created Nov. 1998] The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose. [1995 J.R. 27, 1997 J.R. 21, vote November 1998]"

As for the Second Amendment, that is a civil right for Federal citizens. It doesn't apply to the vast majority of citizens since they are not 14A citizens. It doesn't even include substantive due process (inalienable right)--it's all procedural. All that means is as long as they follow "procedures", they can screw Federal citizens any way they want.

Chicago vs McDonald?

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Anyone who thought Walker or Neumann or anyone else would champion non-permit right to carry is mistaken.

Walker said he'd sign a repeal of 941.23

Its safe for him to say that, because that would mean the legislature got it to his desk.

If the legislature gets it to his desk, he has political cover.

There are plenty of people who support non-permit right to carry in Wisconsin. There are plenty of people who think permits keep criminals from carrying (they don't) and would make CC safer (it wouldn't). I don't expect that Walker is about to go out on a limb before the election and take the most extreme position (despite our beliefs it is the right one)

J.Gleason

Banned
So, shouldn't we work on drafting a bill to Repeal and get it to a legislator that will sponsor it right after the election? Or maybe even before? This way if Walker wins, we are one step ahead of the game.

BROKENSPROKET

Not true. Both Walker and Neumann were on record saying "they would sign any concealed carry legislation that came across their desk". I physically heard Neumann say it and heard that Walker said it second-hand.

I do indeed believe that Walker will sign anything so you guys that are so rabid about Unrestricted Carry better get on the stick before an errant legislator drafts an encumbered bill for him to sign.

Not true? Read what I wrote again.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
When to move

In between now and election day they are all worried about WINNING! Help the candidate who will help you most to win! Start calling the Wisconsin NRA field reps and lobbyists, along with every other WI gun/hunting org (we will need them all). We need to lobby them to lobby for us.

After the election is over, then we need to start contacting the WINNERS and working with them for REPEAL of 941.23.

I am pretty sure anything introduced before January 1, will be poisoned by the "lame ducks." My suggestion is lobby the winners after the election and have them introduce the REPEAL bill as one of the first bills in January.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Doug when we see any nits that need picking around here we will give you a call.
Heh heh heh. Thanks to my PM correspondent for giving me a call suggesting this retort. Yes, we have plenty of lice here sparring on our tuchus laying eggs, nits.

Thanks for the invaluable contribution. <== sarcastic irony! Now fall on your sword.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Heh heh heh. Thanks to my PM correspondent for giving me a call suggesting this retort. Yes, we have plenty of lice here sparring on our tuchus laying eggs, nits.

Thanks for the invaluable contribution. <== sarcastic irony! Now fall on your sword.

You would almost be funny if anybody ever knew what you meant.

M

McX

permits? we don't need no stinkin permits! see guys it is exactly as i said; they will give us permits, then kill open carry, open carry and you lose your permit. Bull poop, as always bull poop.

M

McX

this has got me hoppin mad; they are selling us out before they even get into office. pandering to us at first to get our vote, then sticking it to us.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
So, shouldn't we work on drafting a bill to Repeal and get it to a legislator that will sponsor it right after the election? Or maybe even before? This way if Walker wins, we are one step ahead of the game.

Its always a good time to let your voice be heard by candidates and elected officials.

The primaries are over, now the general election is coming. If you haven't contacted the candidates in the general election for your assembly district or you state senate district (if your's is up this election cycle) you should do so.

The best time to start laying the groundwork is immediately.

As you consider who you will vote for in the general election for your statehouse representatives, do not forget what role political party games played during the last CCW legislation vote.

Consider that the Wisconsin Republican Party platform supports non-permit right to carry.

I'm confident any libertarians on the ballot would support non-permit right to carry as well.

Democrats on the ballot... You are rolling the dice (in my opinion) There are LOTS of pro-gun democrats out there in Wisconsin but their party-influence will be ON THEM LIKE THE DEATH-STAR TRACTOR-BEAM to vote against a repeal of 941.23 or a CCW bill.

NOW would be a good time to have a conversation with a candidate to see if they would commit to introducing a repeal of 941.23

If that candidate is elected in Nov, that is a good time to contact them again and reaffirm their willingness to introduce a repeal of 941.23.

We need a handful of legislators to introduce/co-sponsor a repeal of 941.23

apjonas

What We Should Do

Is get out and vote for Barrett. Sure he has shortcomings but we gotta show Walker that we won't be pushed around. We need to send a message that if you're not 100% with us - you're against us. Just the way we did with McCallum in 2002. He was taught a lesson he'll never forget! So what if we have to wait another 8 years for concealed carry and endure new restrictions on OC. It's the principle that matters!

Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett!

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Is get out and vote for Barrett. Sure he has shortcomings but we gotta show Walker that we won't be pushed around. We need to send a message that if you're not 100% with us - you're against us. Just the way we did with McCallum in 2002. He was taught a lesson he'll never forget! So what if we have to wait another 8 years for concealed carry and endure new restrictions on OC. It's the principle that matters!

Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett! Barrett!

I hope this is sarcastic. Barrett will veto any cc bill including the repeal. Walker will sign any cc bill including the repeal. Which would you rather have?

Governors do not write bills, they sign or veto.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Thats why they call them politicians my friend.

They all go in smelling like roses and go out smelling like skunks.

Spartacus How dare you! , The smell of skunk being used to describe the nature of politicians .

The skunk 1 of Gods finest scent makers , a welcome scent which fills the senses like a fine perfume.

So please refrain from this abusive discription of a skunks scent . I would not find it offensive though if you used sewage waste disposal plants to describe the smell of politicians.