• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hilarious interlude

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There are a whole series of them - all funny.

Just a thought a recorder would have solved that problem much sooner and popped the bubble on their joke.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
There are a whole series of them - all funny.

Just a thought a recorder would have solved that problem much sooner and popped the bubble on their joke.

On one level it is humorous. But, the humor only works because its cops.

I lump this one in with the video on YouTube (a news segment) of police making meth to show how easy it is. No word on indictments. Sorry, I missed the exemption in the law for police to manufacture drugs.

In the video linked in the OP, we see how many illegal detentions?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Here's one of my favorites. No police, just a frogman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2sAFHBptJE

Enjoyed that, but alas it assumes that members of the media can comprehend/understand that which they read and see with explanation - further that they have the goal of reporting accurately. Sadly too often these would seem to be in short supply.

I have noted that the more a report approaches being pro, the more correct the terminology becomes. Education becomes the key - as people acquire the knowledge/facts/truth, they have the tools to converse intelligently on the subject.

Of course there are those that no matter how conversant they are will let an agenda surpass the facts (distort and misdirect) and the masses opinions are effected. That is why it is so very important for us to be constantly correcting and countermanding those efforts.

It is a war of public perceptions; a war of words and images. Each battle must be fought again and again. We must be constantly vigilant of rear guard attacks and even opponents from within our ranks. Sometimes I am surprised that with the massive amount of money spent by the antis that we make any progress at all, but we are. In fact, we are winning I believe. We have made great strides, but have a long way to go yet. Steps down off soap box.

Last edited:

Old Grump

Would have been funnier if the poor guy being tricked had wrapped a rope or chain around the outhouse and then drove off. A friendly wave and grin to whistle man to show he appreciated the car and then drive the car to a salvage yard or massage parlor and park it.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a jerk.