Thread: Good experience at USA cinema

Good experience at USA cinema

The wife and I went to see the expendables this evening since her movie was not playing. At Regal and others theaters they do not allow me to carry, so I spend my money elsewhere. So we started going to USA Cinema or commonly known as the dollar theater. We walked in and the manager whom later I found out with talking to him was a big gun nut like me. When waiting for the movie to start we talked for a good 20 mins and he said he has seen plenty of people who come in printing when conceal carrying, but he said I am the first person he has seen to Open Carry. He asked a lot of question about our movement and that he still had his concerns. Yet he said he would drop by here to do his own research. The rest of the night went smoothly no blood in the streets or MWG calls even though there were a few people in the theater who I was hearing, "is he carrying a gun"? "Is he a cop"? And so on. Best part of the night two adult tickets cost me 9 bucks total and I was not forced to go unarmed. I was tempted to pull my gun and help out the good guys tonight when watching the move, but it looked like they had it covered. The last part was (sarcasm) So if you have a USA cinema near you, it is certainly a better option to see a movie and not go unarmed. The best part is, it is nice and cheap if you don't mind waiting a few weeks for it to hit the dollar theater.

My stupid self put it in the wrong thread, so if it could be moved I would appreciate it. Again sorry to the boss.
    Last edited by zack991; 10-06-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    The wife and I went to see the expendables this evening since her movie was not playing. At Regal and others theaters they do not allow me to carry, so I spend my money elsewhere. So we started going to USA Cinema or commonly known as the dollar theater. We walked in and the manager whom later I found out with talking to him was a big gun nut like me. When waiting for the movie to start we talked for a good 20 mins and he said he has seen plenty of people who come in printing when conceal carrying, but he said I am the first person he has seen to Open Carry. He asked a lot of question about our movement and that he still had his concerns. Yet he said he would drop by here to do his own research. The rest of the night went smoothly no blood in the streets or MWG calls even though there were a few people in the theater who I was hearing, "is he carrying a gun"? "Is he a cop"? And so on. Best part of the night two adult tickets cost me 9 bucks total and I was not forced to go unarmed. I was tempted to pull my gun and help out the good guys tonight when watching the move, but it looked like they had it covered. The last part was (sarcasm) So if you have a USA cinema near you, it is certainly a better option to see a movie and not go unarmed. The best part is, it is nice and cheap if you don't mind waiting a few weeks for it to hit the dollar theater.

My stupid self put it in the wrong thread, so if it could be moved I would appreciate it. Again sorry to the boss.
    Lucky guy! Be thankful, we cannot carry into the theaters here in NC, so I do not go to the movies.
    Glad you had a good time.
    Last edited by merc460; 10-14-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Our local is a "Regal". On the rare occasion I go to a movie I carry anyway. If they ask me to leave, I'm outta' there. There are always a bunch of "wanna be's" hanging outside and the theater does nothing to assure my safety so I have to do it myself.

If it's the dollar cinema, and there were only 2 of you, how did 2 tickets cost $9?
    Good for finding a place that doesn't restrict your rights (remember "blacks in the balcony", anyone?).

Banned
    No, but I remember the balcony being the smoking section.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    If it's the dollar cinema, and there were only 2 of you, how did 2 tickets cost $9?
    Good for finding a place that doesn't restrict your rights (remember "blacks in the balcony", anyone?).
    I remember those balconies and other things. I still do not understand that thinking.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    If i remembrance right any showing past 5pm is 4.50 a person, before 5pm is 2 bucks a ticket. I guess its kinda like dollar general, but it certainty beats paying 10 bucks a person at regal and going unarmed.
    Last edited by zack991; 10-14-2010 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    If i remembrance right any showing past 5pm is 4.50 a person, before 5pm is 2 bucks a ticket. I guess its kinda like dollar general, but it certainty beats paying 10 bucks a person at regal and going unarmed.
    They were dollar theaters before inflation really stepped into high gear, and the dollar was actually worth something.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    They were dollar theaters before inflation really stepped into high gear, and the dollar was actually worth something.
    Gone are the Five and Dimes, replaced by the Dollar Store. A little more inflation and we can bring back the Five and Dime. Everything will be five or ten dollars.

I have fond memories of 5 and dime stores when I was a child.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Oh boy, are we showing our age or what?

I also remember quite well the local "5 and 10 cent stores". And I remember when firearms were inexpensive and there was no 4473 form and you could buy a handgun in another state and firearms were commonly sold in hardware stores, places like Sears and Montgomery Wards, and similar department stores, and even some gas stations and drug stores.

I bought my first gun, a Ruger Super Single Six 5 1/2" barrel, the day after MLK was killed. I had ordered the same gun but with fixed sights, the Single Six, but it was still on order when I went in to check on it that day. Since they had several Super Single Sixes (adjustable rear sight), that's what I wound up with. Get this. The Single Six was $65 and the Super Single Six was $78.

I still remember going to pickup my fiance that evening to go out and when cresting a hill in her neighborhood, I could see some of the fires from the rioting in DC (she lived in north Arlington). You better believe that little Ruger rode with me that weekend.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 10-16-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    I remember those balconies and other things. I still do not understand that thinking.
    It is when the black folk had to sit in the belcony in the cort room during segragation. It's a statment about our rights not a racist comment. Carry on!
    Last edited by quarter horseman; 10-17-2010 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Same! It was like being a kid in a toy and candy store. Wait, scratch that... It was being a kid in a toy and candy store.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by quarter horseman View Post
    It is when the black folk had to sit in the belcony in the cort room during segragation. It's a statment about our rights not a racist comment. Carry on!
    Friend, I was raised south of the Mason-Dixon line. I KNOW about the balconies and other things in the 50's and 60's. I also had some strange things happen because my father was dark enough to be thought to be a Mexican when we lived in West Texas in the 60's. It was a statement about racist policies of the past. My point was that I didn't understand the thinking that caused the racist acts.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

The mindset still exists

We still have a 50s and 60s mindset with us. Most of the concealed permit laws and the '68 Gun Control Act exists because of racism. The whole idea was to control minorities from getting firearms because of the rioting and to keep them from carrying concealed.
    Check out my home page @ www.alabamaopencarry.com and Carry On!