• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good experience at USA cinema

zack991

The wife and I went to see the expendables this evening since her movie was not playing. At Regal and others theaters they do not allow me to carry, so I spend my money elsewhere. So we started going to USA Cinema or commonly known as the dollar theater. We walked in and the manager whom later I found out with talking to him was a big gun nut like me. When waiting for the movie to start we talked for a good 20 mins and he said he has seen plenty of people who come in printing when conceal carrying, but he said I am the first person he has seen to Open Carry. He asked a lot of question about our movement and that he still had his concerns. Yet he said he would drop by here to do his own research. The rest of the night went smoothly no blood in the streets or MWG calls even though there were a few people in the theater who I was hearing, "is he carrying a gun"? "Is he a cop"? And so on. Best part of the night two adult tickets cost me 9 bucks total and I was not forced to go unarmed. I was tempted to pull my gun and help out the good guys tonight when watching the move, but it looked like they had it covered. The last part was (sarcasm) So if you have a USA cinema near you, it is certainly a better option to see a movie and not go unarmed. The best part is, it is nice and cheap if you don't mind waiting a few weeks for it to hit the dollar theater.

My stupid self put it in the wrong thread, so if it could be moved I would appreciate it. Again sorry to the boss.

Last edited:

merc460

The wife and I went to see the expendables this evening since her movie was not playing. At Regal and others theaters they do not allow me to carry, so I spend my money elsewhere. So we started going to USA Cinema or commonly known as the dollar theater. We walked in and the manager whom later I found out with talking to him was a big gun nut like me. When waiting for the movie to start we talked for a good 20 mins and he said he has seen plenty of people who come in printing when conceal carrying, but he said I am the first person he has seen to Open Carry. He asked a lot of question about our movement and that he still had his concerns. Yet he said he would drop by here to do his own research. The rest of the night went smoothly no blood in the streets or MWG calls even though there were a few people in the theater who I was hearing, "is he carrying a gun"? "Is he a cop"? And so on. Best part of the night two adult tickets cost me 9 bucks total and I was not forced to go unarmed. I was tempted to pull my gun and help out the good guys tonight when watching the move, but it looked like they had it covered. The last part was (sarcasm) So if you have a USA cinema near you, it is certainly a better option to see a movie and not go unarmed. The best part is, it is nice and cheap if you don't mind waiting a few weeks for it to hit the dollar theater.

My stupid self put it in the wrong thread, so if it could be moved I would appreciate it. Again sorry to the boss.

Lucky guy! Be thankful, we cannot carry into the theaters here in NC, so I do not go to the movies.
Glad you had a good time. :)

Last edited:

ZO6Vettever

Our local is a "Regal". On the rare occasion I go to a movie I carry anyway. If they ask me to leave, I'm outta' there. There are always a bunch of "wanna be's" hanging outside and the theater does nothing to assure my safety so I have to do it myself.

MKEgal

If it's the dollar cinema, and there were only 2 of you, how did 2 tickets cost $9?
Good for finding a place that doesn't restrict your rights (remember "blacks in the balcony", anyone?).

OldCurlyWolf

If it's the dollar cinema, and there were only 2 of you, how did 2 tickets cost $9?
Good for finding a place that doesn't restrict your rights (remember "blacks in the balcony", anyone?).

I remember those balconies and other things. I still do not understand that thinking.

zack991

If i remembrance right any showing past 5pm is 4.50 a person, before 5pm is 2 bucks a ticket. I guess its kinda like dollar general, but it certainty beats paying 10 bucks a person at regal and going unarmed.

Last edited:

Trekker

If i remembrance right any showing past 5pm is 4.50 a person, before 5pm is 2 bucks a ticket. I guess its kinda like dollar general, but it certainty beats paying 10 bucks a person at regal and going unarmed.

They were dollar theaters before inflation really stepped into high gear, and the dollar was actually worth something.

eye95

They were dollar theaters before inflation really stepped into high gear, and the dollar was actually worth something.

Gone are the Five and Dimes, replaced by the Dollar Store. A little more inflation and we can bring back the Five and Dime. Everything will be five or ten dollars.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I have fond memories of 5 and dime stores when I was a child.

Oh boy, are we showing our age or what?

I also remember quite well the local "5 and 10 cent stores". And I remember when firearms were inexpensive and there was no 4473 form and you could buy a handgun in another state and firearms were commonly sold in hardware stores, places like Sears and Montgomery Wards, and similar department stores, and even some gas stations and drug stores.

I bought my first gun, a Ruger Super Single Six 5 1/2" barrel, the day after MLK was killed. I had ordered the same gun but with fixed sights, the Single Six, but it was still on order when I went in to check on it that day. Since they had several Super Single Sixes (adjustable rear sight), that's what I wound up with. Get this. The Single Six was $65 and the Super Single Six was $78.

I still remember going to pickup my fiance that evening to go out and when cresting a hill in her neighborhood, I could see some of the fires from the rioting in DC (she lived in north Arlington). You better believe that little Ruger rode with me that weekend.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

It is when the black folk had to sit in the belcony in the cort room during segragation. It's a statment about our rights not a racist comment. Carry on!

Friend, I was raised south of the Mason-Dixon line. I KNOW about the balconies and other things in the 50's and 60's. I also had some strange things happen because my father was dark enough to be thought to be a Mexican when we lived in West Texas in the 60's. It was a statement about racist policies of the past. My point was that I didn't understand the thinking that caused the racist acts. :mad:

AL Ranger

The mindset still exists

We still have a 50s and 60s mindset with us. Most of the concealed permit laws and the '68 Gun Control Act exists because of racism. The whole idea was to control minorities from getting firearms because of the rioting and to keep them from carrying concealed.