• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

team speak

1245A Defender

Go here and download the proper version LINK

once installed you can open it.

click connections and connect
more instructions to follow...

edit; talked to amzbrady for a while tonight, going to do it again tomorrow, at about 9pm
please down load, sign in and join us..

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Set your push to talk button to "Shift" (trust me on this)
Settings/Options/Capture then check the Push-To-Talk option and set the button to "Shift"

Address: ts58.light-speed.com
Port: 4191
Password: N/A (meaning none needed)

Last edited:

1245A Defender

hey everybody!!!

we had a good time on team speak tonight..

talked to amzbrady, goose, 45acpaddy, and taxwhat from michigan

i wish that more of my friends here in washington would
down load, sign in, and talk with us,
ive told these guys to come back on around 9pm
if our talk is too state specific we can all go to our own room to talk
or we can all talk together with the michigan guys too

three of us talked untill 3:15am
its soooo much easier than typing!

please just give it a try, to see if you like it
only takes about 4 minutes to get into it!

sirpuma

I've had TS for years. Use it for gaming. Is this our deal or another gun group that has said we can use it? I noticed when I logged in this AM that the title was United Firearms Owners (UFO).

1245A Defender

Ufo

I've had TS for years. Use it for gaming. Is this our deal or another gun group that has said we can use it? I noticed when I logged in this AM that the title was United Firearms Owners (UFO).

it is a team speak run by the OCDO/MOC guys in michigan
ive talked to the guy in charge, mikestilly and he gave me the OK to invite you guys over
ive been visiting with these guy on and off for months.

Ajetpilot

I don't get it, and I haven't got time to go through all their tutorials. I don't understand how you found this group. I filled in the address and port, and I see some names that you mentioned, but I don't hear anyone chatting (yes, my speakers are on and not muted). Maybe technology is finally passing me by.

1245A Defender

hum

I don't get it, and I haven't got time to go through all their tutorials. I don't understand how you found this group. I filled in the address and port, and I see some names that you mentioned, but I don't hear anyone chatting (yes, my speakers are on and not muted). Maybe technology is finally passing me by.

i found the site cause i read the michigan forum,
i assume you down loaded the team speak client if you are seeing the names.
if you are actually logged on then you should also see your own name.
you need to click yourself into the room where you see people you want to talk with.

sirpuma

When in TS on that server, there are various "Channels" that are labeled with names. You will enter the server in a default channel, but if no one is in your channel, you won't hear them. You can change channels by double clicking on a channel name. Also, if people aren't talking, you won't hear them. Some people actually log into TS and stay that way even when they go shopping.

If anyone needs TS help, I've been using it for several years and know my way around it.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Y'all could also try Skype. I had it for a while and you can add individual friends then have conference chats with them. Also, many phones now have Skype applications so that you can actually chat in your Skype conferences from your phone no matter where you are.

Ajetpilot

Yes, I like Skype much better. I use it primarily for family video chats. My daughter and her husband are visiting Monaco, and we've had a video chat each morning. Very cool. I am, of course, "ajetpilot" on Skype. Thanks for the help with Team Speak.

xxx.jakk.xxx

If y'all have Skype, my name on it is xxxJakkxxx. I probably won't be very talkative, though, until I get more used to being on with people. I really am only talkative in person or on video games.

DEROS72

OK i'll bite I try clicking on the link and keep getting "chat requires java"

Last edited: