• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Municipal Ordinance Packet or Sticky

jmlefler

It appears that another push is being made by MOC members to confront their local legislators to follow Michigan's Preemption Law.

It seems a very appropriate role for MOC in general to collect a packet of information for use by members, including a list of localities that have successfully challenged these local ordinances, and place a sticky on the main page. We just keep reinventing the wheel.

What say y'all?

Carry on

jmlefler

Thanks, but I'm not seeing it. Since Michigan laws are unique (Preemption in particular) I feel it should be a Michigan sticky. Additionally, I can't find a list of successful campaigns. This can be very useful; legislators don't want to be the first at most things - if we can demonstrate that other munis are doing the same thing it can be persuasive.

Is the info in some Michigan forum, or is it spread throughout?

Carry on

autosurgeon

Most is in the OC questions section. Legal info anyway... If certain folks would like to volunteer to pull the info together I would be glad to help by proofreading and helping with posting it in an easy to read fashion. I can also PDF the entire thing too.

I however do not have time at the moment to do the gathering and put it together.

jmlefler

Most is in the OC questions section. Legal info anyway... If certain folks would like to volunteer to pull the info together I would be glad to help by proofreading and helping with posting it in an easy to read fashion. I can also PDF the entire thing too.

I however do not have time at the moment to do the gathering and put it together.

Sounds good. Let's start with a sticky and everyone can post there starting with munis they know have changed their ordinances.

Carry on