Thread: Reporting Rights Violations to the FBI

Banned

Reporting Rights Violations to the FBI

Someone posted this link in the Washington forum. There are at least three posters in the Alabama forum who can file claims for "deprivation of property" or "pattern or practice of conduct."

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/civilrights/color.htm

Campaign Veteran
    +1
    Last edited by Neo; 10-09-2010 at 09:40 PM.

new t shirt idea with "Color of Law" violations on it!

or better yet, one with Title 42, U.S.C. section 14141. this can refer to improper training of leo's especially in the lawful use of openly carried firearms! stick it to ALL the resisted departments!
    Last edited by brimst0ne13; 10-10-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Greetings.

Neo, Aadvark, Brimstone, are ya'll on Alabamaopencarry.com yet? If not, come on over!

Oh yeah, and I just realized that the FBI Field Office for Birmingham is literally right across the street from one of my jobs. I'll be there tomorrow at about 11am, filling out a complaint.

Anybody OC an FBI Field office yet? Just kiddin. Or am I? :-)
    Last edited by Jonathon Norris; 10-11-2010 at 10:20 PM.
    A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
    But have his weapons to hand:
    He knows not when he may need a spear,
    Or what menace meet on the road.

- Odin
    The Havamal

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Norris View Post
    Anybody OC an FBI Field office yet? Just kiddin. Or am I? :-)
    You let me know how that goes, OK? :-)

BTW, I have been hanging around the AL OC board. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Banned
    Two words: Federal facility.

That's Fed Square in two blocks. Every agency on the DoJ side of the Federal house has a presence there. The other spots you have to watch for are the USPS, the land it owns/possesses/has unmarked and the Social Security Administration facilities.

Maybe in the future, but not today, will the 2nd amendment mean what it say.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Campaign Veteran
    Hmmm...I thought that Title 18 USC, Part I, Chapter 44, Section 930, paragraph (d), subsection (3) made it OK to carry in a non-courthouse federal building.

http://www.osec.doc.gov/osy/NPCSecur...section930.htm

Of course, I wouldn't think of walking into an FBI building armed, but how about a Post Office?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbinator View Post
    That's Fed Square in two blocks. Every agency on the DoJ side of the Federal house has a presence there. The other spots you have to watch for are the USPS, the land it owns/possesses/has unmarked and the Social Security Administration facilities.

Maybe in the future, but not today, will the 2nd amendment mean what it say.

Banned
    Post offices have their own laws. Guns are verbotten. Period.

"other lawful purposes" is open to wide interpretation, especially considering the example they give. I suspect they mean specific purposes for carrying in the federal facility not purposes for carrying in general. For example, if you are hunting on federal land and there is a federally owned toilet facility in the parking lot, you don't have to disarm to go potty.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Hmmm...I thought that Title 18 USC, Part I, Chapter 44, Section 930, paragraph (d), subsection (3) made it OK to carry in a non-courthouse federal building.

http://www.osec.doc.gov/osy/NPCSecur...section930.htm
    The line is blurring thanks to technology. While everyone but the accused may be present in the courtroom, the accused may be sitting in a cell somewhere else by connected by video conferencing equipment. Now, does that mean that the video conference room is a courtroom? I have no idea, but its a point that should be considered. While some parts of the Federal Government do allow carrying firearms in certain places but not others (it's a pain to unarm when stepping into an outhouse, but it's a "federal building"), the 14th Amendment has not been incorporated into any agency's facility guidelines, least of all the Post Office. If the 14th Amendment is incorporated, as should be post-Heller, there should be a _way_ to carry firearms inside of a federal facility that is not a courthouse/room. But alas, the federal government is not in the habit of licensing persons to carry and bear arms -- and oddly enough as Heller showed, it was the police officer, who was generally exempt from needing to apply for a license, who was the only one who could "legally" be armed but was disarmed by law.

Campaign Veteran
    Speaking of being armed in a Post Office. Several postal workers lost their lives today during the armed robbery of a post office in a small town in TN. Details are sparse at this time except that TN "District Attorney Mike Dunavant said Monday afternoon that...the case involved 'disturbing violence'."

http://www.whnt.com/news/sns-ap-us-p...tory?track=rss

(Apologies for hijacking the thread.)

seems to be proof that Eye95 is WRONG!!! If there was a shooting in the post office then obviously guns are allowed in them! How else would people get the guns in there?

We're OT, but I'll say this much -- criminals never willingly seceded the right to bear arms.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Post offices have their own laws. Guns are verbotten. Period.

"other lawful purposes" is open to wide interpretation, especially considering the example they give. I suspect they mean specific purposes for carrying in the federal facility not purposes for carrying in general. For example, if you are hunting on federal land and there is a federally owned toilet facility in the parking lot, you don't have to disarm to go potty.
    Technically the post office has a rule, not a law.

Firearms, including handguns, may be shipped by FFL Dealers, so "verbotten, period" is inaccurate.

If you read section 101 of the Gun Control Act of 1968, lawful purpose becomes very clear.
    Last edited by Thundar; 10-26-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Someone posted this link in the Washington forum. There are at least three posters in the Alabama forum who can file claims for "deprivation of property" or "pattern or practice of conduct."

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/civilrights/color.htm
    Filing a Complaint

To file a color of law complaint, contact your local FBI office by telephone, in writing, or in person. The following information should be provided:

* All identifying information for the victim(s);
    * As much identifying information as possible for the subject(s), including position, rank, and agency employed;
    * Date and time of incident;
    * Location of incident;
    * Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witness(es);
    * A complete chronology of events; and
    * Any report numbers and charges with respect to the incident.