• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reporting Rights Violations to the FBI

brimst0ne13

new t shirt idea with "Color of Law" violations on it!

or better yet, one with Title 42, U.S.C. section 14141. this can refer to improper training of leo's especially in the lawful use of openly carried firearms! stick it to ALL the resisted departments!

Last edited:

Jonathon Sometimes

Greetings.

Neo, Aadvark, Brimstone, are ya'll on Alabamaopencarry.com yet? If not, come on over!

Oh yeah, and I just realized that the FBI Field Office for Birmingham is literally right across the street from one of my jobs. I'll be there tomorrow at about 11am, filling out a complaint.

Anybody OC an FBI Field office yet? Just kiddin. Or am I? :)

Last edited:

Kirbinator

That's Fed Square in two blocks. Every agency on the DoJ side of the Federal house has a presence there. The other spots you have to watch for are the USPS, the land it owns/possesses/has unmarked and the Social Security Administration facilities.

Maybe in the future, but not today, will the 2nd amendment mean what it say.

Neo

Campaign Veteran
Hmmm...I thought that Title 18 USC, Part I, Chapter 44, Section 930, paragraph (d), subsection (3) made it OK to carry in a non-courthouse federal building.

http://www.osec.doc.gov/osy/NPCSecurity/osyhtmlfiles/title18section930.htm

Of course, I wouldn't think of walking into an FBI building armed, but how about a Post Office?

That's Fed Square in two blocks. Every agency on the DoJ side of the Federal house has a presence there. The other spots you have to watch for are the USPS, the land it owns/possesses/has unmarked and the Social Security Administration facilities.

Maybe in the future, but not today, will the 2nd amendment mean what it say.

eye95

Post offices have their own laws. Guns are verbotten. Period.

"other lawful purposes" is open to wide interpretation, especially considering the example they give. I suspect they mean specific purposes for carrying in the federal facility not purposes for carrying in general. For example, if you are hunting on federal land and there is a federally owned toilet facility in the parking lot, you don't have to disarm to go potty.

Kirbinator

Hmmm...I thought that Title 18 USC, Part I, Chapter 44, Section 930, paragraph (d), subsection (3) made it OK to carry in a non-courthouse federal building.

http://www.osec.doc.gov/osy/NPCSecurity/osyhtmlfiles/title18section930.htm

The line is blurring thanks to technology. While everyone but the accused may be present in the courtroom, the accused may be sitting in a cell somewhere else by connected by video conferencing equipment. Now, does that mean that the video conference room is a courtroom? I have no idea, but its a point that should be considered. While some parts of the Federal Government do allow carrying firearms in certain places but not others (it's a pain to unarm when stepping into an outhouse, but it's a "federal building"), the 14th Amendment has not been incorporated into any agency's facility guidelines, least of all the Post Office. If the 14th Amendment is incorporated, as should be post-Heller, there should be a _way_ to carry firearms inside of a federal facility that is not a courthouse/room. But alas, the federal government is not in the habit of licensing persons to carry and bear arms -- and oddly enough as Heller showed, it was the police officer, who was generally exempt from needing to apply for a license, who was the only one who could "legally" be armed but was disarmed by law.

Neo

Campaign Veteran
Speaking of being armed in a Post Office. Several postal workers lost their lives today during the armed robbery of a post office in a small town in TN. Details are sparse at this time except that TN "District Attorney Mike Dunavant said Monday afternoon that...the case involved 'disturbing violence'."

http://www.whnt.com/news/sns-ap-us-post-office-shooting,0,505002.story?track=rss

(Apologies for hijacking the thread.)

Daylen

seems to be proof that Eye95 is WRONG!!! If there was a shooting in the post office then obviously guns are allowed in them! How else would people get the guns in there?

Thundar

Post offices have their own laws. Guns are verbotten. Period.

"other lawful purposes" is open to wide interpretation, especially considering the example they give. I suspect they mean specific purposes for carrying in the federal facility not purposes for carrying in general. For example, if you are hunting on federal land and there is a federally owned toilet facility in the parking lot, you don't have to disarm to go potty.

Technically the post office has a rule, not a law.

Firearms, including handguns, may be shipped by FFL Dealers, so "verbotten, period" is inaccurate.

If you read section 101 of the Gun Control Act of 1968, lawful purpose becomes very clear.

Last edited:

stuckinchico

Someone posted this link in the Washington forum. There are at least three posters in the Alabama forum who can file claims for "deprivation of property" or "pattern or practice of conduct."

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/civilrights/color.htm

Filing a Complaint

To file a color of law complaint, contact your local FBI office by telephone, in writing, or in person. The following information should be provided:

* All identifying information for the victim(s);
* As much identifying information as possible for the subject(s), including position, rank, and agency employed;
* Date and time of incident;
* Location of incident;
* Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witness(es);
* A complete chronology of events; and
* Any report numbers and charges with respect to the incident.