• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lost a friend/co-worker yesterday

6L6GC

a man with whom I work was murdered yesterday. He works here in the shipyard in the department I'm in. He and I had on a number of occasions discussed guns and which we liked the most and so on. Although he was not what most would call an activists, he was "pro-gun". We had good times talking about guns/hunting/target shooting, etc.

He had taken off the day from the shipyard to fill in for his friend/partner in a jewelry store. Three "youths" entered the store. Surveillence cameras show them entering and leaving. Then another customer entered the store later and found him dead from gun shot wounds.

So far the cops have released 4 photos of the "perps" but haven't released any other details and have said nothing about surveillence cameras INSIDE the store, or what was taken.

Knowing my friend, he likely had a gun, so he must have been caught off guard, or perhaps outgunned by multiple assailants. Just goes to show that we have to be alert all the time.

carracer

Sorry for your loss of a friend. I have lost several by suicide and other way so know that empty feeling you have. My thoughts on the matter is probably he was told not to carry by the employer.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I've sorry for your loss, particularly a friend, for "Of what shall a man be proud, if he is not proud of his friends?" - RLS.

My favorite author these days is Robert Louis Stevenson, who asked for the following epitaph:

[INDENT]"Under the wide and starry sky,

Dig the grave and let me lie.
Glad did I live and gladly die,
And I laid me down with a will.
This be the verse you grave for me:
Here he lies where he longed to be;
Home is the sailor, home from sea,
And the hunter home from the hill
."[/INDENT]

He got it, with honors. Your friend deserves the same for helping out his friends.