Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I own a restaurant in Racine County and am friendly to the cause...

I own a restaurant in Racine County and am friendly to the cause...

I own a restaurant in Racine County (Kansasville, Dover Township) and if any members are interested would be willing to host an open carry event or even open up special for a meetup. If there are any members in the area please feel free to contact me.

Adam Campbell
    acampbell54@hotmail.com
    414-218-6868 cell

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Welcome and thanks for the kind offer.

If you want to host an event, I'll be more than happy to attend.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Campaign Veteran
    Welcome to the forum, and thanks for offer Adam.

You probably didn't include the name of your place because you didn't want to come off like an advertisement, but I personally would like to know where you are so I can be sure to patronize your place of business. I like to support those who support us.

If you don't want to post it on the forum please PM your location to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Welcome and thanks for the kind offer.
    Welcome back Doug, hope you had a good time "off". The forum has a little less flaver when your gone...

Adam, very cool, and welcome.
    Next time I get back down to your side, I'll stop in. So what kind of food ya serve?

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Welcome!

Would this be your restaurant?

http://www.journaltimes.com/lifestyl...cc4c03286.html

If so, that breakfast platter sounds pretty yummy.

One side of my family has been in the Restaurant business ever since I can remember so I can relate to the article.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Lizzy's Green Cafe

Thanks alot everyone! Yes, you are correct, I didn't want to come on like I was trying to promote my cafe, but it is Lizzy's Green Cafe in Kansasville, on the corner of Highway 11 and 75 (Beaumont) we are in the strip mall next to the bank and laundrymat. We are a smaller cafe (capacity 50) with pretty standard fare (pancakes, eggs, burgers, sandwiches) However, I also have a pretty extensive Mexican menu (tacos, burrito, enchilada) I'm open from 7 to 2 Tuesday through Sunday, but I would be willing to open special (Monday or evenings) for open carry member meetups.
    I just personally always wanted to attend an open carry meetup but was never aware of any in the SE corner of the state. But I always told my friends that if I ever owned my own business, customers would be welcome to carry their firearms.

There are a couple of events coming up:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-OC-Tea-Party

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-Janesville-WI

Also, since you are pro-carry, you could up a sign in front of your store.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Is your restaurant more than 1000 feet away from schools?
    WCI...........Member

Quote Originally Posted by polekat View Post
    Is your restaurant more than 1000 feet away from schools?
    Doesn't matter if it is right next door. Private property is exempt from that.

Banned
    Very cool Adam,
    Welcome to the forum and I will be sure to stop in when I am down visiting family in Racine.
    That's my old stomping grounds.

Your menu sounds great and I am looking forward to a visit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    Welcome back Doug, hope you had a good time "off". The forum has a little less flaver when your gone...

Adam, very cool, and welcome.
    Next time I get back down to your side, I'll stop in. So what kind of food ya serve?
    You have been gone for a while yourself Aaron.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Membership Drive
    October 8, 9, 10:
    Friday 3:00PM-8:00PM
    Saturday 9:00AM-5:00PM
    Sunday 9:00AM-3:00PM Rocco Memorial
    Gun show Racine County Fairgrounds
    19805 Durand Ave.
    Union Grove, WI

Looks like a great place to stop for breakfast before attending the gun show this weekend !

Thank you for showing your support in such a concrete and real way Adam. I am across the state but will put you on my list of places to stop when I am in the neighbor. Welcome to OCDO and thanks again.

Hardballer out.

I Just Found My Favorite Restaurant! Thanks Adam!

Welcome Adam and thank you! Your restaurant is not far from my home and I WILL certainly be eating there soon. Once again welcome and thank you for standing up for your rights.

Phil

Welcome to the cool group Adam and thank you for the invite.

Wow!

What a really nice group! I almost forgot about the gun show, it's less than five minutes from my restaurant. I discussed it with my cooks, and I will be having a special available for any members who open carry. In addition, for anyone who is going to the gun show Friday night, I will be having a fish fry from 4 to 10. All you can eat for $8.99. I look forward to meeting any of you! Thanks!

I found this restaurant on Facebook too. Clicked "like it" right away. I expect my OC Facebook friends will soon all do the same.

And now I'm hungry for a late-night snack.....!
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

I'm down that way a few times a year to see the in-laws. We will be stopping by on our next trip.
    Former Corporal of Marines.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acampbell54 View Post
    Thanks alot everyone! Yes, you are correct, I didn't want to come on like I was trying to promote my cafe, but it is Lizzy's Green Cafe in Kansasville, on the corner of Highway 11 and 75 (Beaumont) we are in the strip mall next to the bank and laundrymat. We are a smaller cafe (capacity 50) with pretty standard fare (pancakes, eggs, burgers, sandwiches) However, I also have a pretty extensive Mexican menu (tacos, burrito, enchilada) I'm open from 7 to 2 Tuesday through Sunday, but I would be willing to open special (Monday or evenings) for open carry member meetups.
    I just personally always wanted to attend an open carry meetup but was never aware of any in the SE corner of the state. But I always told my friends that if I ever owned my own business, customers would be welcome to carry their firearms.
    Do you have a liquor license? If so, we need your 'permission' to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Do you have a liquor license? If so, we need your 'permission' to carry.
    I think with him posting we can come in is permission enough. Don't you?

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I think with him posting we can come in is permission enough. Don't you?
    I understand, however, just wanted to verify if he had a license. Also, it has to be for a 'specific period of time' if I recall.

McX
    i think we should consider this cafe for our next coffee meet! Let's get in touch with the cafe owner, and get our monthly meet date set!

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

snip from guns allowed in bars in the news

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    § 941.237 Carrying handgun where alcohol beverages may be sold and consumed.
    [ ... ]
    (2) Whoever intentionally goes armed with a handgun on any premises for which a Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit has been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
    (3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
    [ ... ]
    (g) The possession or use of a handgun on the premises if authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or manager of the premises who is issued the Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit under ch. 125 for the premises.
    [ ... ]
    Sub. (3) does not allow going armed with a concealed handgun in violation of s.941.23. State v. Mata, 199 Wis. 2d 315, 544 N.W.2d 578 (Ct. App. 1996), 95−1336.
    snip

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I understand, however, just wanted to verify if he had a license. Also, it has to be for a 'specific period of time' if I recall.
    I wonder how long the "limited duration" is limited to?

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i think we should consider this cafe for our next coffee meet! Let's get in touch with the cafe owner, and get our monthly meet date set!
    Coffee goes great with breakfast, or lunch, or by itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast