• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scheduled to speak with Schram

DEROS72

M1gunr and I were discussing an idea to deal with this we can throw around saturday when we can talk in person.It's way cool and you'll get to see my haircut....
Tom is the one this happened to so he was the one best to speak on it.Schram is one sided and somewhat narsisiistic and will always try steer the conversation his way when he is not interupting .We saw that with Daves appearence on the show yesterday.

Last edited:

bwilli001

If you were an illegal alien with a gun they would probably walked on by. Pierce County would rather harass the person that open carries with nothing to hide. Maybe the Pierce County Police need some re-education on the law.

TheJeepster

M1gunr and I were discussing an idea to deal with this we can throw around saturday when we can talk in person.It's way cool and you'll get to see my haircut....
Tom is the one this happened to so he was the one best to speak on it.Schram is one sided and somewhat narsisiistic and will always try steer the conversation his way when he is not interupting .We saw that with Daves appearence on the show yesterday.

An idea might be to come up with a "Schrammie" type award for him. Man needs some humility when speaking of ignoring civil rights and trampling on personal freedoms.

Squeak

I refuse to listen to that D-bags show so good luck. It's likely he'll ask you a question then talk over your answer with his own opinion. But that's usual with all talk radio.
I haven't listened to that moron in years, right he called me a liar on the air. I called the mgr right back and all he said was, 'that's Schram'.

DEROS72

Everyone has done super with all this and quite frankly folks know what open carry is.They have for a while.So do we let this die,wait for some sort of response from the sheriffs(like thats gonna happen) does Tom pursue this in some sort of suit.The balls in his court ...They(the media) keep drifting away from the 4th perhaps a suit might bring them all back on task.Especially the Sheriffs dept.

So ,It will be fun getting together again on saturday and in the mean time I'm having some Merlot and a percocet so I can feel more like I do now than I did a minute ago.. {:0)

amlevin

I wonder if Schram would feel differently if a Police Officer came up to him and said "you look like a hippie and might be carrying some pot. Let's see some ID and while we're at it lets see what's in your pockets"? I'll bet he'd be reciting the entire Bill of Rights, not just the 4th Amendment.

For those that are slow on the uptake, Ken Schram's the "south end of a north traveling horse".

tombrewster421

I wonder how many times he cut my feed? Of course I expected to be cut off, but didn't realize that facts weren't allowed on the show. I guess he just likes to get one persons opinion so that he can disagree with it. After thinking awhile I thought of a great argument for him though.
Schram. I think you should just lay in the mud and lick boots.

Me. You are entitled to your opinion, however, your opinion is irrelevant because the fact is. I'm not required to lick boots and the decision to do so belongs to me alone. It's not your decision. It's not the police officer's decision. Once I had made my decision, the officer should have respected that. Now the officer's decision is going to get him into muy trouble.

Of course he would have just shut the feed off at, however.

Last edited:

superdeluxe

Tom, have you had a chance to talk with Dori Monson? I would think he would want to hear about this knowing where he usually stands on different issues.

Whitney

Faded from the media

I'm sure I do not have to provide links to anyone on this forum with regard to abuse/misuse of power. I do know that if left alone this will fade from the media and as Tom said, the behavior displayed will only be re-enforced.

It is easy for me to say what I might do or perhaps say, however it is not me. If this should happen to go the course of legal action I will put my money where my mouth is just let me know where to send it.

While the following example is a different situation it is probably familiar to most, and clearly demonstrates the influence (or lack of influence) from mainstream media. Google the case of Pigford vs. Glickman. Was this abuse of power? or was it more a case of who you know?

-Whitney

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
A lesson well learned today.
One has to be really prepared when walking into the lions den that will change the rules of the game to benefit his argument. The only recourse I could see at this point was to tell him since he was limiting information in law that there could be no fair debate and tell him adios.

Once Schram threw that curve, any beneficial debate was lost.
As most liberals do depend upon addressing emotions to do their bidding and him stating he supports open carry, for who I ask?

amzbrady

I think the one thing I would like to know from Ken is. Would it be ok if the officers set up check points and pulled everyone over and asked for them to take breathalizers on every corner. Esp since he likes to have a few drinks with his dinner and then drive home.

Edit : Is driving a car just cause to pull someone over to see if they have a license, or to give them a breathalizer just to see if they have been drinking.

Last edited:

amzbrady

I wonder if there has ever been a time where Schram has complained about the FCC controling his 1st amendment on the air. I can imagine as a commentator, that he would not have a problem with being told what he can and can not say on the air. Find that statement and then ask how he can complain about his 1st but not care about his 4th.

cougfan

Schram come off as a real jerk. He says Tom isn't the most talkative guys he's had on? Tom probably went into this expecting an interview on the issue at hand. Instead ol' Ken decided to state that he feels if a cop asks for ID you should give it to them. Well how far does this go? Should cops stop and ID and frisk certain racial minorities because they have are more likely to be involved in drug dealing? You did great Tom and I for one really appreciate the hassle you've been putting up with to put the word out there that as Americans we have the right to privacy and to not have to be searched, as that is what showing ID really is. By giving up that right it sure isn't much of a stretch to see cops going door to door just looking around to make sure no laws are being broken. Cops must have a valid reason to stop and make someone identify themselves, they have been given pretty nice leeway in that regard too (the original Terry stop was a couple of guys walking up and down a block likely casing a store to rob it). The cop in Tom's case was perfectly within his rights to chat Tom up and even to ask to see ID, but not demand to see it or call backup and harass him.

amzbrady

This is why we need someone on the inside. Get someone on who has had a chance to get their thoughts together and not have an idiot throw a pile of crap on ya in the middle of your interview. I still find it hard to believe that there are so many who dont care about their rights and personal safety. So many still live in a fairyland. There must be alot of really scared people who dont come out after dark.

http://client4.addonchat.com/chat.php?id=492956

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

DevilDoc post for Paddy:

**** *** ******* *** ***** ** ***** **** ******** ********** ***** ***** ******* ** **** *** ******** *** *** *** ***** ** *** ***** * ***** *** ****** ** ***** ** * **** *** * *****

I don't see any dashes.