• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This November's election can really turn out to be monumental

amlevin

Here is an article that shows the Working Class has had enough of Obama's "activist governing".

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/1...-turning-to-the-republicans-in-larger-number/

It is also possible that these "Working Class Americans" are tired of the Obamaites meddling with the Constitution and their rights? Maybe they are finally realizing that the Democrats are not the real friends they claimed they were to the workers of this country. Too bad it takes the highest unemployment since the Great Depression to finally wake some people up.

Dave Workman

This is a very good time to remind one another to actually vote.

So many times we run across loudmouths, internet thugs and demagogues who browbeat and attack others on various forums for their positions or lack of same (or simply because they don't agree with the positions of the loudmouths), but when push comes to shove, these blowhards don't vote. The vote is a valuable, powerful tool.

O'Reilly calls them "pinheads" and that's a good description.

Nov. 2 has all the earmarks of being a watershed moment. We all need to be part of that. If we're not part of it, there may be no "watershed moment" after all.

Squeak

This is a very good time to remind one another to actually vote.

So many times we run across loudmouths, internet thugs and demagogues who browbeat and attack others on various forums for their positions or lack of same (or simply because they don't agree with the positions of the loudmouths), but when push comes to shove, these blowhards don't vote. The vote is a valuable, powerful tool.

O'Reilly calls them "pinheads" and that's a good description.

Nov. 2 has all the earmarks of being a watershed moment. We all need to be part of that. If we're not part of it, there may be no "watershed moment" after all.
Thanks, Dave. I said something similar to what you just said and got my 'you know what' reamed! I reckon you have more class than I!:lol:

amlevin

I've been following the projections for Congressional elections on this site:

http://www.electionprojection.com/index.php

The latest projections show that the House is most likely to go Republican and the Senate is projected as a 49/49 tie.

If you read the analysis below by State, you'll note that they are showing Washington to be a "Weak Dem Hold" meaning Patty Murray will barely defeat Dino Rossi. If this one can be pulled out of the hat, and the voters hand her those "tennis shoes" and boot her out, the Senate will be a Republican majority. There are several other States that show the same analysis and all it will take is for those States that are shown as "Weak Dem Hold's" to be losses and the whole makeup of Congress will be changed.

As I said in my opening post, this could be a monumental election and BO could get a real loud message he won't want to hear.

amzbrady

I gotta figure this out, I'm registered in Grays Harbor, in Snohomish right now and getting ready to go to Pasco. Hope I get a mail in ballot, and my mail forwards correctly.

Leatherneck

Has anyone else heard the reports done on Patty Murray's mudslinging TV ads? They play a Dino Rossi clip and say he was answering a different question than he was.
"When asked if he thinks Boeing should be given a level playing field..."

There's another one where they say he doesn't think military and teachers play a significant role. HIS DAD WAS A TEACHER! Why would ANYONE, especially a politician even make ANY statement of that sort anyway?

She has to resort to lying to the voters on the fence.

amzbrady

Has anyone else heard the reports done on Patty Murray's mudslinging TV ads? They play a Dino Rossi clip and say he was answering a different question than he was.
"When asked if he thinks Boeing should be given a level playing field..."

There's another one where they say he doesn't think military and teachers play a significant role. HIS DAD WAS A TEACHER! Why would ANYONE, especially a politician even make ANY statement of that sort anyway?

She has to resort to lying to the voters on the fence.

Obama really wants her on the senate. She is a perfect puppet to do what she is told to.

amlevin

Obama really wants her on the senate. She is a perfect puppet to do what she is told to.

Evidently he wants her bad enough to visit this State just prior to the election. Not only him but the "Car Salesman" we call VP is coming too. As if that is not enough we get Michelle as well.

Apparently BO see's Patty Murray's campaign as "troubled". Pulling out the stops in order to save her guaranteed vote for his programs.

Senate control can hinge on her winning or loosing if all goes as the prognosticators say. Even if you don't like Rossi, consider voting not for him, but against Murray. Write-ins will just help Murray. Three more weeks to educate your liberal friends.

amlevin

Ann Coulter's writeup on Patty Murray was hilarious. Well, to me anyway. That midget needs to be sent home. No offense to conservative height challenged folks.

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/printer_friendly.cgi?article=389

The "Jewell" in her write up was:

"Fighting to keep your own cushy job isn't a point of principle; it's evidence of a narcissistic personality disorder."

This describes almost every Congressman. Once elected they immediately go into "re-elect me" mode and forget to do the work we sent them to Washington (DC) to do.