• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WCI filed a Federal Lawsuit today against the City of Brookfield and 4 officers

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Brookfield was served today.

Might be an interview on Ch. 58 this evening/tonight.

Not my best interview, kids were distracting me while i was trying to formulate thoughts! lol

vick

I will plan a 4 hour trip to brookfield. to carry around the city as much as possible.

good luck on the suit. they deserve it.

KBCraig

It talks about 14th Amendment violations for search and seizure... typo?

Nope. The 14th amendment is what integrates the others to the states.

Yes, typo. The 4th has been applied to the states via the 14th. It was her 4th Amendment rights that were violated; she has no "14th Amendment rights" (because there are none).

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
It's no typo. And she certainly has 14th Amendment rights, e.g. "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." She was deprived of both liberty (arrested) and property (her gun) without due process.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Oh, I should add, it's the 14th Amendment because it's via the 14th Amendment that the other amendments are made to apply to the states and not only to the federal government. By virtue of the 14th Amendment the Supreme Court has ruled that other amendments apply to the states as well--- most recently the 2nd Amendment in the McDonald case.

MKEgal

has anyone else read the comments on the jsonline article pertaining to this?

There's (at least) one on there that sounds like it's from my stalker. Kinda creepy. :eek:
(Either that or someone I thought was a friend isn't, and also is "dissing" my son's adoptive parents.)

This stalker person apparently 'found' me on Craig's List, harassed me, my (now ex-) boyfriend, & our business there (got his hand slapped by CL a few times, too), and seems to have gone on to dig up more and more personal info about me.

And people wonder why I carry... If simple rights aren't reason enough, how about being the victim of violent crime (including being robbed at gunpoint & raped), and now having a stalker? Then throw in living in a somewhat high-crime area (addresses near me are on the news a lot).

paul@paul-fisher.com

As a 'citizen' of a state and because the state was the 'actor' she is protected by the 14 th ammendment. If it was in DC or by a federal agency then the individual ammendment come into play.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Good observations on the effect of the Fourteenth Amendment.

The sooner y'all get out of the cities the better and safer and healthier and smarter you will be when Obama's economy hits bottom.

Today is the last hurrah for our summer-resorter tourist visitors. I am pleased to see some stay, planning to over winter, and join the community. I am pleased to see a lot of them go.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Hmm, I was there, I left. Anyway, have a good winter - it may be a long one. Stay Safe
And a pleasant though brief visit it was.

A chore for next week is to wrestle the tire chains (60# each) onto the tractor, charge its battery and put a bottle of 'dry out' in the fuel tank. I got a scraper blade with it but was unable to use it properly last winter for the drawbar preventing full rotation of the blade. I took the drawbar off this week. Someday I'll get a snow-blower for it.

OB CONT: I sized my new gun belt to allow open carrying over my winter wear. Which reminds me to wet-lube the SA1911 to make it easier to dry out if it gets full of snow.

protias

I didn't know Madison was also known as Brookfield. :banghead:

Last edited:

lockman

State Researcher
So what was the plaintiff's "misconduct" that she brought about herself?

Could the exercise of a fundamental right be considered such "misconduct"?

paul@paul-fisher.com

TyGuy

So.... The attorneys for the city are disagreeing with the DA who basically said they had no RAS let alone PC. Their argument is that since they found a loaded gun in the car, it makes all other violations of her constitutional rights up to that point OK. :banghead:
Fruit of the poison tree?