Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Last edited by protias; 01-28-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

B&S Express convenience store.

Buffalo City WI.

No Gun on property.

Want to be treated fairly? Go to Alma or Fountain City Kwik Trip for gas and for bait, you can't go wrong here:

Main Channel
    1301 South Main Street, Alma, WI 54610-7717
    (608) 685-4336 ‎

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    B&S Express convenience store.

Buffalo City WI.

No Gun on property.

Want to be treated fairly? Go to Alma or Fountain City Kwik Trip for gas and for bait, you can't go wrong here:

Main Channel
    1301 South Main Street, Alma, WI 54610-7717
    (608) 685-4336 ‎
    Updated.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    we should make a printable list, or pocket type book that members can carry with them as they travel, and spend!

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    All Buffalo Wild Wings
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but buffalo wild wings can because they serve alcohol by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by 50horseplay View Post
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but buffalo wild wings can because they serve alcohol by the drink.
    With permission from the owner/manager/other "in charge", you can go into a place that serves booze. But if the place has a policy of anti rights... All bets are off...

Wis. S.S. 941.237
    Last edited by AaronS; 02-07-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 50horseplay View Post
    Their corporate policy prohibits any and all firearms on the premises, not matter what state you are in.

Family Video on Madison st in Eau Claire

I don't know what happened I have been OC at this Family Video for all most 2 years with no problems and today I'm in the store and a guy who I beleave is the manager comes up to me and asks is that a gun I say yes he then asks me to please take the gun outside and that no guns are to be in the store I said ok and left.

what is weird is that this guy has seen me OC come and go all the time just last week I ask him for halp finding a video and all of a sudden today happens.
    Last edited by lance galloway; 02-22-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lance galloway View Post
    Family Video on Madison st in Eau Claire

I don't know what happened I have been OC at this Family Video for all most 2 years with no problems and today I'm in the store and a guy who I beleave is the manager comes up to me and asks is that a gun I say yes he then asks me to please take the gun outside and that no guns are to be in the store I said ok and left.

what is weird is that this guy has seen me OC come and go all the time just last week I ask him for halp finding a video and all of a sudden today happens.
    Call them up and ask for the manager. If he truly was the manager, then I'll put it on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Call them up and ask for the manager. If he truly was the manager, then I'll put it on the list.
    Done

I put a call into Family Videos Corporate Headquarters for Wisconsin and am now just waiting to hear back I will let you know what I find out.

Smile Good News

Done

I put a call into Family Videos Corporate Headquarters for Wisconsin and am now just waiting to hear back I will let you know what I find out.
    Got a call back from Family Video corporate office today and had a very nice talk with I think his name was Matt we talked for 10 min or so about OC and the law and he agreed with me on every thing I said and when I told him that many stores simply follow state law he said that is what he will tell the manager that told me to leave to do he then he thanks me and said he hopes I will continue to shop at Family Video.

I will be going to Family Video in the next day or so to talk with the manager and I then be should be good to go.

Got a call back from Family Video corporate office today and had a very nice talk with I think his name was Matt we talked for 10 min or so about OC and the law and he agreed with me on every thing I said and when I told him that many stores simply follow state law he said that is what he will tell the manager that told me to leave to do he then he thanks me and said he hopes I will continue to shop at Family Video.

I will be going to Family Video in the next day or so to talk with the manager and I then be should be good to go.
    Fantastic news!

I did not take time to read through all 7 pages so maybe this has already benn discussed...

It seem's odd to me that Shooters Sports in Racine would be on the list...Unless...

I think there is (or used to be a Shooters Sports Bar in Racine as well as "Shooters Sports" that is an actual sporting store / gun shop / and shooting range. It is where a lot of local police go to shoot. I was thinking about doing some shooting there soon and will check it out...before I pay the fee....

Outdoorsman1

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    I did not take time to read through all 7 pages so maybe this has already benn discussed...

It seem's odd to me that Shooters Sports in Racine would be on the list...Unless...

I think there is (or used to be a Shooters Sports Bar in Racine as well as "Shooters Sports" that is an actual sporting store / gun shop / and shooting range. It is where a lot of local police go to shoot. I was thinking about doing some shooting there soon and will check it out...before I pay the fee....

Outdoorsman1
    It is about 2/3rds of the way down.

Found it....

Thanks

Outdoorsman1

McX

Gun store that allows open carry.

Found one wandering back from a Supreme Delevan meet and greet. Out in the boonies of K-Town, a piece from RAK's, on hyw. 50-West of the I. we found a Gun Store. Did it my way; Unloaded encased into the place- empty holster. Browsed the case. Mostly a fishing place- thusly near a lake, but none the less had guns. Go look to see if it meets your criteria. it does mine. Early in the visit, i introduced, and mentioned WisconsinCarry- though i think he saw it on the hat. My case on his counter. Asked: Do you allow Open Carry? Response: Yes. I immediately holstered up at the counter. Continued with my transactions without incident. Got a nice long barrel .357 to keep my youngest buisy at the range. I get my lawn mowed and such all summer, for ammo. Keeps my kid off my guns and ammo, and working at home (for me) Range opens in 3 weeks. WIN. When i go to pickup were leaving Wiscarry stuff- got his ok for that too.

Paddock Lake Sports
    Randy- Owner
    23522 75th St.
    Paddock Lake, WIS.

(262)-843-1625
    (i got his ok to post)
    Last edited by McX; 03-06-2011 at 09:25 PM.

McX, this is stores who "INFRINGE," not "respect our rights" thread.

McX
    McX, this is stores who "INFRINGE," not "respect our rights" thread.
    yes, i knew that, but didnt know where to drop this so i dropped it here. i figured someone would see it, and appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    yes, i knew that, but didnt know where to drop this so i dropped it here. i figured someone would see it, and appreciate it.
    You could create another thread entitled "List your OC experiences."

Campaign Veteran
    MadisonRebel,

So which one is it? Does the mall allow it or not?
    I got nailed in the summer of 2009. I spoke with the manager of Metcalfe's and was directed to the manager of Hilldale Mall. She very snidely informed me that mall policy prohibited firearms, and that I was banned from the mall for violating that rule. I had OC'ed there easily a few dozen times before, but this was pretty direct.

Quote Originally Posted by MadisonRebel View Post
    I got nailed in the summer of 2009. I spoke with the manager of Metcalfe's and was directed to the manager of Hilldale Mall. She very snidely informed me that mall policy prohibited firearms, and that I was banned from the mall for violating that rule. I had OC'ed there easily a few dozen times before, but this was pretty direct.
    The list is updated.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Question No problems here

Quote Originally Posted by MadisonRebel View Post
    I have been in Hilldale, December 2010 and early in 2011; in Macy's multiple times, and Metcalfes. No problems.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

McX....

I have been in Paddock Lake Sports many times buying bait and fishing stuff.. I will make it a point to stop in, buy something, say hello, and mention I saw him here...all will carrying...Thanks for the post...

Outdoorsman
    Silver Lake WI... (Real Close to Paddock Lake)...

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    I have been in Hilldale, December 2010 and early in 2011; in Macy's multiple times, and Metcalfes. No problems.
    As had I. Let's hope they either changed their policy or their manager, because if someone takes notice, you're in for harassment and intimidation.

McX
    didnt know where to put it, so i dropped this here; there's a gun show sunday 8 to 2 pm, South Hills Country Club. Any of us going, handing out flyers, or getting a table? ad says for info. call Bill 886-5169. I'd like to tag along if were going to do something there on that for WisCarry.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast