• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteinhilber

I Just spoke with a Harbor Freight Corporate contact (who asked to remain anonymous) and he told me that the "old president" of the company decided a few years back not to post if state law allowed. However, there is a new president now and he was not familiar about any changes in the policy - if any

He noted that Harbor Freight stores are NOT franchised, meaning that the local managers should be held to the same corporate standards.
He also suggested that we contact harbor freight via their facebook page and voice our concerns there as it is "heavily monitored" by corporate employees.

Say it ain't so... no more cheap tools from the ghetto neighboring Harbor Freight for me I guess.

Sent them an e-mail through their customer service email address (cs@harborfreight.com), guess we will see what happens. I looked up their current president to see if I could locate an e-mail address for him... no such luck, seems like quite the stellar individual... having his own father (who founded the company) walked off the company property and locked out:

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/jul/19/harbor-freight-ceo-accused-by-parents-of-looting/

IcrewUH60

I Just spoke with a Harbor Freight Corporate contact (who asked to remain anonymous) and he told me that the "old president" of the company decided a few years back not to post if state law allowed. However, there is a new president now and he was not familiar about any changes in the policy - if any

He noted that Harbor Freight stores are NOT franchised, meaning that the local managers should be held to the same corporate standards.
He also suggested that we contact harbor freight via their facebook page and voice our concerns there as it is "heavily monitored" by corporate employees.

Say it ain't so... no more cheap tools from the ghetto neighboring Harbor Freight for me I guess.

Sent them an e-mail through their customer service email address (cs@harborfreight.com), guess we will see what happens. I looked up their current president to see if I could locate an e-mail address for him... no such luck, seems like quite the stellar individual... having his own father (who founded the company) walked off the company property and locked out:

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/jul/19/harbor-freight-ceo-accused-by-parents-of-looting/

all is not lost. their most recent reply on their facebook page addressing a fellow concerned citizen:

"Hi Benjamin, our customers are very important to us. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we are looking into this matter. Thanks for shopping at Harbor Freight Tools!"

IcrewUH60

UNO Pizzeria - 7601 Mineral Point Rd. Madison, WI

Posted (twice) No Firearms.

Walked in with family in toe for dinner, when I noticed the signs and informed the greeter that we must leave. He asked why and I pointed to the back of the signs and said "because we are not welcome here." He said "oh no sir, you can go put it in your car." I said "why? the criminals won't. Have a nice night." and we went to Pizza Hut across the street which is not posted.

As we were walking out, the couple entering behind us noticed and asked what's wrong - so I told them. The went in anyways but I'll bet they talked about it over dinner.

Restaurant Phone: 608-833-7200
Facebook Link: http://www.facebook.com/unomineralpoint

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Partial quote

..... and we went to Pizza Hut across the street which is not posted.

(PizzariaUno Restaurant Phone: 608-833-7200

Too bad the Wisconsin Hospitality Group (WHG) which runs Pizza Huts north and east of a line from Eau Claire to Racine doesn't feel likewise. I wonder if the WHG investors know they are losing money?

http://whgonline.com/documents/Pizza Hut Locations.pdf

http://www.whgonline.com/content/contact.php

Last edited:

IcrewUH60

markush

Lakeside Pediatrics
8600 75th St #101
Kenosha

The wife was there yesterday for the daughters 2 year check up and says they are posted. I now have a year to decide what to do for her 3 year check up...

The_Pennsylvanian

I apologize if someone else posted this , but . . . . .

M & I Banks in Marshfield , WI are no longer posted ! ! ! ! ! ! I don't know if this was a result of them being bought out by BMO Harris or for other reasons. When they were still M & I there were " No Hats , No Hoods , No Sunglasses , No Guns " sign printed on vinyl on the doors . They were VERY prominent. After the buyout , the doors said " M & I Banks , A B.M.O. Harris Company " . SO , when I was inside , I asked one of the tellers who had been there for quite awhile about the lack of posting , Have they changed their policy ? She said yes , after November 1 the board had decided to not restrict their customers' rights by posting . The teller said that , " It makes me feel nervous , knowing there could be people with guns in here . " I then asked her if she thought that posting sign would keep the bad guys ( or gals ) away . And she said she always thought that part was silly ; of course a sign isn't going to keep the bad guys away.
I pointed out that by posting , all a company does is make itself more more vulnerable to crime and legal liability issues. I also pointed out that the people with a gun on there hip , or anyone with a license aren't the ones to worry about, as we go through a lengthy background check. She thought about it for a moment , then stated that she just realized that they ( the employees ) are now safer than they were for years when the bank was posted . ( She then asked me if she had a license , if she then could keep a pistol in her drawer . I told her that it would depend upon her individual employer's policies , and that she should THOROUGHLY look into State and Federal Statutes , as I am not a lawyer. etc .)

I digressed .THe point was , M & I Banks in Marshfield are now Carry OK ! Check YOUR local branch , it could very well be a corporate policy now .

Last edited:

BINE

Kudick chevrolet buick in mauston

I was up at Kudick Chevrolet this morning and confirmed they have taken down
thier no ccw signs. Please remove them from the list.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
Fuzzy's Liquor update, part III

Went to Fuzzy's Liquor, Sun Prairie. Sign is gone; went in on Saturday and purchased assorted adult beverages for Christmas. Friendly, helpful and attentive staff. Please move their status back to the "good" side.:banana:

GWbiker

all is not lost. their most recent reply on their facebook page addressing a fellow concerned citizen:

"Hi Benjamin, our customers are very important to us. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we are looking into this matter. Thanks for shopping at Harbor Freight Tools!"

Might want to mention to Harbor freight Corporate person you spoke with in (California), Harbor Freight runs a two page color ad in NRA's American Rifleman. NRA-over 4,000,000 members.

Just saying...

protias

Cenex and Ace Hardware stores still need to be fixed, along with the forum board software.

Packfanatic

Harbor Freight, Madistan

I emailed Harbor Frieght as well with referneces and links to our law. this is the reply I received today. Maybe corporate will respond in a positive manner... If not no more shopping at the store. They will lose me as a customer and I am sure a few more customers as well.

Reply Was:

Thank you for your comments, I will forward to our corporate teams,
Tim

Tim Timbers
Minnesota/Wisconsin
District Manager
(612) 805-5213
ttimbers@harborfreight.com

Packfanatic

Email sent

Walked in with family in toe for dinner, when I noticed the signs and informed the greeter that we must leave. He asked why and I pointed to the back of the signs and said "because we are not welcome here." He said "oh no sir, you can go put it in your car." I said "why? the criminals won't. Have a nice night." and we went to Pizza Hut across the street which is not posted.

As we were walking out, the couple entering behind us noticed and asked what's wrong - so I told them. The went in anyways but I'll bet they talked about it over dinner.

Restaurant Phone: 608-833-7200

Email sent and one at a time they will learn no firearms= No $$$$$$$$ :)

msteinhilber

I emailed Harbor Frieght as well with referneces and links to our law. this is the reply I received today. Maybe corporate will respond in a positive manner... If not no more shopping at the store. They will lose me as a customer and I am sure a few more customers as well.

Reply Was:

Thank you for your comments, I will forward to our corporate teams,
Tim

Tim Timbers
Minnesota/Wisconsin
District Manager
(612) 805-5213
ttimbers@harborfreight.com

Was about to post the post the same, at least word is getting out - hopefully a change in policy will come about with some effort.

Outdoorsman1

McX asked....

"any signs on the clinic(s) building(s) to the right of the hospital-proper?"

I replied...

"Don't know but I will be there again early Monday morning.. I will check and post here..."

Answer to original question... Yes both buildings to the right (west) of the hospital are also posted....

Outdoorsman1

Zeus

Gold's Gym in Menasha is posted. Wasn't a few weeks back but I now see it is today. I have contacted their corporate HQ, which ironically is in TX asking if this is policy everywhere and why. Will report back with the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.