• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff niles

pccu

Dear Mr. Niles,
I am writing in response to your email regarding PCCU’s recent posting of “No Firearms.” I am sorry to hear of your disappointment and lack of understanding as to why a Financial Institution would post such a notice. First and foremost please understand that PCCU does not oppose anyone’s second amendment rights, however to we do look after the safety and security of our employees and any member entering our credit union doors. In considering our decision several factors entered in. After having been robbed four times and seeing firsthand the outcome of an unpredictable person or just everyday business of the unnecessary actions we experience from some members, led us to our decision. We also considered our own rights and the rights we have to protect our own private property, which is what we have done. Therefore in respect to your rights and ours, though PCCU does not want to lose members, we respect your decision to leave PCCU if you so choose.

Respectfully,

Laura Powers
Manager
I DID TAKE MY MONEY OUT,EVERY ONE ELSE E MAIL THEM AND GET YOUR MONEY OUT TO.

comp45acp

Wrote to Tanger Outlets and got this reply. I did tell them, again, it was the Lake

Mr. Burgess: I am the Vice President- Corporate Real Estate Counsel for Tanger Outlet Centers and your email to Virginia Summerell regarding the issue of open carry of firearms was forwarded to me. I apologize for the delay in my response; however, I was out for a few days over the holidays. You mentioned in your email that you were sad to hear that Tanger had posted no weapons signs at one of our centers and that you and your wife would not shop our center again until we chose to take down the "no weapons" signs.

As you did not mention which center you were visiting, I am unable to research your complaint. As a private landowner, Tanger is legally able to prohibit guns or other weapons in our shopping centers; however, different state laws provide different requirements for the posting of such signage. Tanger has had particular stores in our centers exercise their rights by posting restrictive signage; however, as a general rule, at this time, Tanger has not chosen to post such prohibition. Therefore, please let me know the location of the center in which you were visiting and I will have someone look into the situation.

Thank you,
Leigh Ann

Leigh Ann Figg
VP - Corporate Real Estate Counsel
Tanger®Outlets
3200 Northline Ave. Suite 360
Greensboro, NC 27408
Phone: 336-834-6844
Fax: 336-852-1407
Email: lafigg@tangeroutlet.com

AaronS

Mr. Burgess: I am the Vice President- Corporate Real Estate Counsel for Tanger Outlet Centers and your email to Virginia Summerell regarding the issue of open carry of firearms was forwarded to me. I apologize for the delay in my response; however, I was out for a few days over the holidays. You mentioned in your email that you were sad to hear that Tanger had posted no weapons signs at one of our centers and that you and your wife would not shop our center again until we chose to take down the "no weapons" signs.

As you did not mention which center you were visiting, I am unable to research your complaint. As a private landowner, Tanger is legally able to prohibit guns or other weapons in our shopping centers; however, different state laws provide different requirements for the posting of such signage. Tanger has had particular stores in our centers exercise their rights by posting restrictive signage; however, as a general rule, at this time, Tanger has not chosen to post such prohibition. Therefore, please let me know the location of the center in which you were visiting and I will have someone look into the situation.

Thank you,
Leigh Ann

Leigh Ann Figg
VP - Corporate Real Estate Counsel
Tanger®Outlets
3200 Northline Ave. Suite 360
Greensboro, NC 27408
Phone: 336-834-6844
Fax: 336-852-1407
Email: lafigg@tangeroutlet.com

Sounds like your letter might get this changed. Good job, let us know what happens with it.

protias

Panera Bread (corporate/franchise policy)

aefd03c2-1475-b0fa.jpg

MKEgal

MadisonRebel said:
In Madison:
Metcalfe's Sentry (called cops)
Now wait a sec... I had this go-round with Mr. Metcalf sometime last summer (have to search for the thread) & he said he was taking down the little "gunbuster" stickers on the doors.

I haven't had a problem since here in the MKE area.

As for Panera, write, email, call. Be polite & logical & support your assertions with facts.
Why on Earth would they even ban police? (As it's written, they can't go there on their lunch break, only in the line of duty... like after the place has already been robbed & people shot.)
Why would they ban OC, after protias hasn't had a problem OCing there?

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Panera Bread (corporate/franchise policy)

aefd03c2-1475-b0fa.jpg

Let's not paint too broad of a stroke. So far, only the franchisee has banned. This franchisee owns all Panera's in WI except for Eau Claire and LaCrosse.

So.... we should complain to Corporate but they didn't do this as far as I know.

M

McX

looks like the powers that be took it real personal that they lost the matter of MKE gal. shows that they watch the forum, and have no problem causing a business to lose revenue, and poo-pooing out a lunch date.

protias

Let's not paint too broad of a stroke. So far, only the franchisee has banned. This franchisee owns all Panera's in WI except for Eau Claire and LaCrosse.

So.... we should complain to Corporate but they didn't do this as far as I know.
I only put corporate/franchise because you had told me the manager wasn't sure which one it was. I didn't ask as I always forget if a store is corporate or privately owned. So for right now, I am going to keep it as it is until we can get to the bottom of this.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I only put corporate/franchise because you had told me the manager wasn't sure which one it was. I didn't ask as I always forget if a store is corporate or privately owned. So for right now, I am going to keep it as it is until we can get to the bottom of this.

The gentleman at the store said corporate and then quickly corrected himself to say that his store was owned by a franchisee and they had told him. In talking to the guy on the phone (should of asked title), he indicated it was his franchises decision. Sounds like it stops there.

protias

The gentleman at the store said corporate and then quickly corrected himself to say that his store was owned by a franchisee and they had told him. In talking to the guy on the phone (should of asked title), he indicated it was his franchises decision. Sounds like it stops there.
Updated the first post to reflect this.

hardballer

B&S Express convenience store.

Buffalo City WI.

No Gun on property.

Want to be treated fairly? Go to Alma or Fountain City Kwik Trip for gas and for bait, you can't go wrong here:

Main Channel
1301 South Main Street, Alma, WI 54610-7717
(608) 685-4336 ‎

protias

B&S Express convenience store.

Buffalo City WI.

No Gun on property.

Want to be treated fairly? Go to Alma or Fountain City Kwik Trip for gas and for bait, you can't go wrong here:

Main Channel
1301 South Main Street, Alma, WI 54610-7717
(608) 685-4336 ‎

Updated.

M

McX

we should make a printable list, or pocket type book that members can carry with them as they travel, and spend!

AaronS

Someone correct me if I am wrong but buffalo wild wings can because they serve alcohol by the drink.

With permission from the owner/manager/other "in charge", you can go into a place that serves booze. But if the place has a policy of anti rights... All bets are off...

Wis. S.S. 941.237

Last edited:

lance galloway

Family Video on Madison st in Eau Claire

I don't know what happened I have been OC at this Family Video for all most 2 years with no problems and today I'm in the store and a guy who I beleave is the manager comes up to me and asks is that a gun I say yes he then asks me to please take the gun outside and that no guns are to be in the store I said ok and left.

what is weird is that this guy has seen me OC come and go all the time just last week I ask him for halp finding a video and all of a sudden today happens.

Last edited:

protias

Family Video on Madison st in Eau Claire

I don't know what happened I have been OC at this Family Video for all most 2 years with no problems and today I'm in the store and a guy who I beleave is the manager comes up to me and asks is that a gun I say yes he then asks me to please take the gun outside and that no guns are to be in the store I said ok and left.

what is weird is that this guy has seen me OC come and go all the time just last week I ask him for halp finding a video and all of a sudden today happens.
Call them up and ask for the manager. If he truly was the manager, then I'll put it on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.