• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepik

Tri City National Bank

Signs posted. I'll try to attach a picture I took of the sign.

I asked the branch manager about it and explained that it only hurts the law abiding. She stated that it's a company policy and she understood that if I were OC'ing in her branch it wouldn't be a big deal because she knows who I am.

That's too bad......maybe the sign on the door should read:

No shirts, No shoes, No strangers

P.S. Note the no sunglasses, no hoods and no hats. Does that mean my 12yo daughter can't wear her stylish sunglasses in the bank? I wasn't aware kids in sunglasses were a security threat.

Hmmm...anti-gun and anti-fashion.

Attachments

• IMG00022-20100304-1900.jpg
    IMG00022-20100304-1900.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 514

rotty

BWW is a MN corporation. They labeled ALL their businesses by default. You can carry in bars in MN, so yea I stand by my assertion, BWW == Anti Rights

I was asked to leave the BWW in Apple Valley MN on cedar ave. They are VERY anti 2nd and I got no response to a letter I sent to management and corporate.

:[

they were pretty decent wings ... and I did get them for free considering they asked me to leave with one wing left on the plate.

rotty

The one at the Mall in Madison does not have "the sign" on the doors.

Look very closely. The one I was asked to leave in MN has the sign in vinyl letters on the window in RED with window tint over it.

I let them have it about the sign and explained to them that it is not compliant with MN law with regards to the signs size, posting, and location.

protias

Signs posted. I'll try to attach a picture I took of the sign.

I asked the branch manager about it and explained that it only hurts the law abiding. She stated that it's a company policy and she understood that if I were OC'ing in her branch it wouldn't be a big deal because she knows who I am.

That's too bad......maybe the sign on the door should read:

No shirts, No shoes, No strangers

P.S. Note the no sunglasses, no hoods and no hats. Does that mean my 12yo daughter can't wear her stylish sunglasses in the bank? I wasn't aware kids in sunglasses were a security threat.

Hmmm...anti-gun and anti-fashion.
You should look for a different bank/credit union. Landmark has always treated me well. :)

BROKENSPROKET

No one remembers Farm and Fleet? They have a "no weapon" policy.

So, they have a no weapon policy. Is it in the emplyee manual, so it only pertians to employees(employment)? Or does thier liability insurance require it and as long as its on paper so they choose not to enforce it? Dozens of Open Carriers have carried dozens of times in Farm&Fleets across the state without any issue. How do you esplain that?

protias

Mlutz

Look very closely. The one I was asked to leave in MN has the sign in vinyl letters on the window in RED with window tint over it.

I let them have it about the sign and explained to them that it is not compliant with MN law with regards to the signs size, posting, and location.

Sorry for being lazy. (In advance...) But, if you were in MN, I would guess you were not oc'ing... So... How did they know?

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
So, they have a no weapon policy. Is it in the emplyee manual, so it only pertians to employees(employment)? Or does thier liability insurance require it and as long as its on paper so they choose not to enforce it? Dozens of Open Carriers have carried dozens of times in Farm&Fleets across the state without any issue. How do you esplain that?

Until you run into the store manager, who following the company manual, calls the cops. They are trying to have it both ways. They don't want to po a large segement of their customer base and at the same time claim mea innocentia when the "person with a gun" call is made.

F&F has never answered my inquiry about their firearm policy. If it pertains to only employees, let them say publicly say so.

protias

Until you run into the store manager, who following the company manual, calls the cops. They are trying to have it both ways. They don't want to po a large segement of their customer base and at the same time claim mea innocentia when the "person with a gun" call is made.

F&F has never answered my inquiry about their firearm policy. If it pertains to only employees, let them say publicly say so.
For now I'm going to leave Farm and Fleet off the list.

Spartacus

Banned
Misbegotten Thread...

Just for the record, stores who do not allow guns are not "infringing on your rights". If anything you infringe on theirs if you try to carry into a store or residence where you are not welcome.

"Infringement" as mentioned in the second amendment has nothing to do with you carrying anywhere at any time.

IcrewUH60

Just for the record, stores who do not allow guns are not "infringing on your rights". If anything you infringe on theirs if you try to carry into a store or residence where you are not welcome.

"Infringement" as mentioned in the second amendment has nothing to do with you carrying anywhere at any time.

agreed for the most part, maybe the thread should read, "Stores that don't want our business". I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally do respect private property rights - I just think that goes hand-in-hand with exercising our rights responsibly.

However, I am curious how the courts have looked at businesses denying other constitutional rights to individuals, and more specifically why is 2A seen differently by some?

If you walked into a Culver's with an "Ron Paul 2012" T-Shirt on, and the manager asked you to leave because it was "disturbing" others or because it was against corporate policy, would that be a violation of an individual right protected under the bill of rights? What is the proper response to that request?

Status
Not open for further replies.