• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Pennsylvanian

Applebees 4710 East Towne Madison (608) 244-1470 Email address is app149@whgroup.com

Has a No Firearms posted sign up, looks really similar to the ones Madison PD is selling. I got the email address for the management and sent an email over 2 weeks ago and have not received any replies. I mentioned the immunity, and posted the corresponding statute, the fact that Police have not duty to protect with case sites, also all the regular info. I also stated there clearly is a need for protection as evidenced in the attack on a woman in their parking lot in St Petersburg FL. There are plenty of other options right near by that are NOT posted, like Chili's, Pizza Hut, Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden, THE Culver's, Red Lobster, Hooters, and more. There is another Applebees on the west side of Madison but unsure of their policy or management.

I have OC'ed in the Chili's with no issues. Even with likely a table full of law enforcement right nearby. In the parking lot I seen multiple cars with lots of little antenna's, then seen a table with 8-10 guys fitting description of off duty types, also noting couple of partial conversations. Or maybe they were Hams / :rolleyes:

Do we need an email campaign??? I think so.

Fixed . KC9MDQ , President , Marshfield Radio Club:cool:

Aturner

Allan Edmunds Shoes not gun-friendly

Allan Edmunds Shoe Bank, 201 E. Seven Hills Rd. in Port Washington. Posted no weapons when I visited today, 1/16/12.

rimmer

Whos the IDIOT who SCREWED up the list on page one? It gives me a headache!
Quit screwing around and put it back the way it was.

rimmer

I apologize for being a little blunt and use inappropriate wording. I was trying to read the list and it was impossible to pick out the individual cities and stores with that bold print. It was also too jammed together. I thought I was going blind.
I appreciate your troubles to repair the list as it was.
Thank you Protias, or whoever you are.

protias

I apologize for being a little blunt and use inappropriate wording. I was trying to read the list and it was impossible to pick out the individual cities and stores with that bold print. It was also too jammed together. I thought I was going blind.
I appreciate your troubles to repair the list as it was.
Thank you Protias, or whoever you are.

I'm doing what I can. I know there are some that need to be added to the list from the WCI facebook page, plus I need to go through Ace Hardware Stores as not all are posted.

New thread is here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...sin-stores-that-infringe-upon-our-rights-(v2)

rimmer

Yesterday was not my best and I was in a hurry to leave. I wanted to check the list as to the stores I was going to and I was taken back by that list format.
My apologies again.
Your doing a bang up job.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Protias is doing a good job.....but what we need around here is a forum integrated wiki page that any member can update. We'd get a whole lot more done that way without the burden riding on one member. I'm going to request something like that and see what John and Mike say.

Last edited:

protias

Protias is doing a good job.....but what we need around here is a forum integrated wiki page that any member can update. We'd get a whole lot more done that way without the burden riding on one member. I'm going to request something like that and see what John and Mike say.

Especially if I do something what most people call, a vacation. Not sure what that is exactly as it has been many, many years. But this year I am finally going to take one!

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Is this a good idea as not ALL forum members are on the same page? :wink: :wink: If ya know what I mean.
:wink: :wink: I do know, "divide and conquer!" Beware geeks bearing gifts.

Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.

Jason in WI

I might be a tad paranoid but I agree with Kc.38. The good thing is most of the active members here know each other and a list of "real" people could be put together for any projects like that.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

bigdaddy1

Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. I work there and we have to go to "weapon training".....they will tell us what to do if we see someone walk in carrying a gun.....I'm glad I work from home. I carry at work everyday :D

Sorry I just caught this, so what is it they tell you to do?

Sorcice

Applebees 4710 East Towne Madison (608) 244-1470 Email address is app149@whgroup.com

Has a No Firearms posted sign up, looks really similar to the ones Madison PD is selling. I got the email address for the management and sent an email over 2 weeks ago and have not received any replies. I mentioned the immunity, and posted the corresponding statute, the fact that Police have not duty to protect with case sites, also all the regular info. I also stated there clearly is a need for protection as evidenced in the attack on a woman in their parking lot in St Petersburg FL. There are plenty of other options right near by that are NOT posted, like Chili's, Pizza Hut, Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden, THE Culver's, Red Lobster, Hooters, and more. There is another Applebees on the west side of Madison but unsure of their policy or management.

I have OC'ed in the Chili's with no issues. Even with likely a table full of law enforcement right nearby. In the parking lot I seen multiple cars with lots of little antenna's, then seen a table with 8-10 guys fitting description of off duty types, also noting couple of partial conversations. Or maybe they were Hams(not the funny, or the pork, but the guys that like the radio stuff) :rolleyes:

Do we need an email campaign??? I think so.

applebees on the west sire(in the copps parking lot off whitney way) is posted.

RR_Broccoli

"The UPS Store" PD and Fish Hatchery Road (in the little strip mall) is posted.

Likewise, is the coffee shop and bakery immediately adjacent, "The Rolling Pin Bake Shop"

And down a little bit, Charter Communications is also posted. (They have an older sign though, it's been up for years, and may not match the specific outlines of the new law.)

Went by the same strip mall (Fitchburg) and UPS Store no longer has the sign. Bake Shop and Charter are both posted still.

Status
Not open for further replies.