• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKEgal

Boucher car dealerships - metro Milwaukee

To: X
Cc: <dan.bonesho@boucher.com>, "'Dawn Gahlman'" <dawn.gahlman@boucher.com>
Subject: Concealed Carry Law
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 10:07:28 -0600

Dear X:

As to your concerns about Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law, please be advised that we have reviewed that law very carefully and after consideration of all of the issues, including those with respect to employees, customers, vendors. and other invitees, the Boucher dealerships have decided to ban firearms on their premises.

We are not turning away any customers. We are simply saying, leave your firearms at home or in your vehicle prior to entering our premises. We do not think our dealerships are dangerous places. Therefore, guns are unnecessary. You also represent the only complaint we have received at any of our 16 dealerships.

We are sorry that you disagree with our stance, but our considerations and concerns are much broader than that of some customers who feel compelled to carry guns on our premises.

Tony Karabon
General Counsel
The Boucher Group, Inc.
(414) 427-4141
(414) 427-4140 fax
tony.karabon@boucher.com

protias

MKEgal,

I got the same email, to which I replied about the liability issue. I then received this:

Mr. X:

We are fully apprised of all aspects of this law.

Tony Karabon

Oh well. Looks like they will remain in the, "We don't like people exercising their rights." Glad I didn't buy my vehicle from them, but rather from Griffon Ford.

MKEgal

liar said:
You also represent the only complaint we have received at any of our 16 dealerships.
protias said:
I got the same email
Gee, that makes at least 3 of us, 'cause I saw someone not you & not me posting about Boucher, which prompted me to call & email.
So it looks like whatsisname is quite the liar; hoping we won't find out about each other.
:mad:

Last edited:

Trip20

I left my tree stand yesterday to grab some lunch with a buddy. We went to a local bar and on the door was a no firearms sign. Not that interesting except that it was branded with the Tavern League of Wisconsin logo. Sure enough I looked at TLW's website and they're making signs available to their members. I wrote them a quick note through their contact-us page.

Here's the response from the Executive Director of the Tavern League:

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Pete Madland wrote:

Some members choose to post the Conceal Carry sign, some do not. It is an individual business decision. We do not tell members how to run their businesses. For those that do we provide signage as a service to our members similar to “no smoking” signs, “underage drinking” signs, etc.

Pete Madland
Executive Director
Tavern League of Wisconsin

In 2010 TLW Members contributed over $9 million to Wisconsin charities.

Last edited:

protias

Denn'ys at Gammon Rd. in Madison has posted. Their comment card/contact is posted here:http://dennys.com/#/about just click "email" I have sent them an email already but the more the merrier.

I thought Denny's respected our rights. Perhaps it is a rogue employee?

Regardless, email sent (at least I think it sent).

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The list shows Ace Hardware as not allowing - corporate policy. Ace stores are franchises. The Sauk City Ace, which also owns the DeForest one sells firearms and is carry friendly in both locations. For hardware stores the store location should be given. Good job on maintaining the list.

Last edited:

protias

The list shows Ace Hardware as not allowing - corporate policy. Ace stores are franchises. The Sauk City Ace, which also owns the DeForest one sells firearms and is carry friendly in both locations. For hardware stores the store location should be given. Good job on maintaining the list.

I did not know they were franchises. I've seen a number of them posted here and the WCI Facebook page, so I "assumed" it was corporate. I'll have to go through the list here (fb page is going to be impossible) to find out the locations.

The_Pennsylvanian

Rosebowl Lanes in Marshfield. Skign is printed o. 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper. Also, apparantly a Tavern League member. Guess I'll have to find another place to go bowling.

Golden Living Center Three Oaks at Marshfield (retirement. Home / recuperative therapy center )

DaVita ( formerly Northridge ) Dialysis.

Will add as I spot them, actively searching now.

Trip20

Rosebowl Lanes in Marshfield. Skign is printed o. 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper. Also, apparantly a Tavern League member.

Yeah I've been conversing with the Tavern League executive director. He's of the opinion it's their duty to provide this signage to those who wish to use it.

msteinhilber

I thought Denny's respected our rights. Perhaps it is a rogue employee?

Regardless, email sent (at least I think it sent).

I thought this was the case as well. I just had dinner there with my son a couple days ago at the Denny's on Greenway Blvd. in Middleton and they weren't posted.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

Resdon111

I got out of work early so I took a drive and checked some of the businesses in Sussex. Aurora Pharmacy and North Shore Bank are now posted. Aurora has a slashed handgun sign and North Shore has a "no weapons beyond this point" sign. I drove by George Webb's and didn't see any sign; did they take it down, or is it on the inner door?

protias

I got out of work early so I took a drive and checked some of the businesses in Sussex. Aurora Pharmacy and North Shore Bank are now posted. Aurora has a slashed handgun sign and North Shore has a "no weapons beyond this point" sign. I drove by George Webb's and didn't see any sign; did they take it down, or is it on the inner door?

Last I remember seeing was a small sign next to the register. I was at Kohl's last night, drove by Shopko and Walgreens, none of those are posted. Looks like I'll just have to go to Walgreens to get my drugs instead of the Pharmacy. Heck, I can drive down the rode to Walmart and do the same thing.

The_Pennsylvanian

Trip, for what it's worth, the owners of the Rosebowl were the organizers of the Smoke Nazis. T hat got the smoking ban instituted in Marshfield a full YEAR before the statewide ban went into effect. So, they were already on my list of persons wzith dubious intentions. Back on topic now, sorry for the brief hijack. I just thought it was worth mentioning. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.