• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorcice

I thought this was the case as well. I just had dinner there with my son a couple days ago at the Denny's on Greenway Blvd. in Middleton and they weren't posted.

Ya after starting to OC I went in about 3-4x then the next I saw the sign and thought hmmm. I asked one of the waiters I talk to a lot. Apparently some drunk idiot came in and ate. When leaving he dropped a few spare rounds on the floor (guessing spare speed loader but could be just spare rounds.)from his pocket. Some how this made the manager post. Thanks a lot jackass. I left a note for the manager but sign has not moved. I'll check again tonight after I check email for a reply from the link I posted before.

M

McX

I also would like a pack of GOOD printed cards. I would pay for them also if any members want to put in the time to make them up for us.
Please feel free to let me know.

Ricchio Printing, across from me on Douglas in Racine, he's pro-carry, a local businessman.

protias

Protias, did you get my reply to your PM?. I dont think it went thru

For cards right? I have that one, just haven't take the time to stop being lazy and actually find envelops to send the cards out in. :(

Sorcice

I thought this was the case as well. I just had dinner there with my son a couple days ago at the Denny's on Greenway Blvd. in Middleton and they weren't posted.

YAY! Just got an email from the District manager:

Mr. Dickert:

Thank you for your comments to our hotline about the Gun Control Signage that was hung in our Lobby Door.

I see there was no phone contact number or I would have called live however just to let you know the sticker has been removed;

Thank you again for your comments:

Sincerely:

Ken Adams
Area Manager

I did leave my number and replied with it to his email. I'll verify later tonight after work if signage is gone.
For the record this is for the sign on gammon rd in west madison across from the mall. though i would not be surprised if he has removed all signs from all locations. he is the district manager(controls over one hundred locations).

Last edited:

protias

YAY! Just got an email from the District manager:

Mr. Sorcice:

Thank you for your comments to our hotline about the Gun Control Signage that was hung in our Lobby Door.

I see there was no phone contact number or I would have called live however just to let you know the sticker has been removed;

For the record this is for the sign on gammon rd in west madison across from the mall. though i would not be surprised if he has removed all signs from all locations. he is the district manager(controls several hundred locations).

Thank you again for your comments:

Sincerely:

Ken Adams
Area Manager

I did leave my number and replied with it to his email. I'll verify later tonight after work if signage is gone.

I received a similar one:

Mr. protias:

Thank you for your comments to our hotline about the Gun Control Sticker.

I do want to let you know that it has been removed and again thank you for your comments.

Ken Adams
Area Manager; Denny's

Helorob

[Ricchio Printing, across from me on Douglas in Racine, he's pro-carry, a local businessman.

Ricchio Printing is very pro-carry, also all around good guy. (Disclaimer) He is a personal friend, but I do business with him as well. One of a very few that I am comforable with both situations, a rare thing indeed. I understand that several businesses are pro-carry in that area.

McX; Bit of a tough nieghborhood. I've walked out of the print shop at 9pm with the owner and heard multiple gunfire a block or two away (insert pucker smily here). Scary, our only protection was his dog!
btw: We may have met a few years ago, out front of the print shop, not sure if I am remembering correctly. Discussing some problems that I believe were in a building to your south??

Sorcice

FYI, Greencab of madison is 2A friendly. I called to ask if they allow carry in their cars with the Elie's meet coming up and the manager said he hasn't really made a policy quite yet. I explained the immunity given and he was pleasantly surprised. His current policy is "don't ask don't tell. criminals aren't going to ask why should anyone else need to. i don't want to infringe on rights".

Sorcice

I received a similar one:

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I just got a call from Ken and apparently someone slapped that sign up without management knowing. SO, either he doesn't know whats going on at his locations as well as he thought OR we have random people posting stick-ons to the front of random establishments and it's assumed that management did it so the employees/on-sight managers don't question..:uhoh:

protias

I just got a call from Ken and apparently someone slapped that sign up without management knowing. SO, either he doesn't know whats going on at his locations as well as he thought OR we have random people posting stick-ons to the front of random establishments and it's assumed that management did it so the employees/on-sight managers don't question..:uhoh:

I foresee him visiting all his stores soon.

M

McX

Ricchio Printing is very pro-carry, also all around good guy. (Disclaimer) He is a personal friend, but I do business with him as well. One of a very few that I am comforable with both situations, a rare thing indeed. I understand that several businesses are pro-carry in that area.

McX; Bit of a tough nieghborhood. I've walked out of the print shop at 9pm with the owner and heard multiple gunfire a block or two away (insert pucker smily here). Scary, our only protection was his dog!
btw: We may have met a few years ago, out front of the print shop, not sure if I am remembering correctly. Discussing some problems that I believe were in a building to your south??

10-4 there guy. he's got some stories to tell, as do i. fort Apache, the Bronx, that's what i call call my place, others have other names. dont' be shy- stick your nose- come visit sometime! And yes, the building to the south is there, as well as a new bunch of problems that want to take up residence there.

msteinhilber

As already noted in this thread, Heartland Credit Union is not 2A supportive. I consulted with the President/CEO of the credit union earlier in November and received this e-mail in response:

Hi Mike,

Heartland Credit Union has posted No Firearms or Weapons allowed on our premises, due to the fact that we are a financial institution.
Our concerns are with the safety and peace of mind of our staff.

I can appreciate the rights of all individuals, and hope you understand our position.

Thank you

Sally Dischler | Heartland Credit Union | President / CEO
P: 608.268.7327 | F: 608.282.7036 | sdischler@heartlandcu.org
It's different in the heartland.

I promptly went to a nearby Associated Bank branch and opened several accounts and today I was able to verify my direct deposit had been successfully changed to my Associated Bank accounts, so I paid a visit to Heartland Credit Union one last time to close my accounts and terminate my membership. The woman who assisted me, when asking why I was leaving, seemed to be in disbelief - I wasn't really surprised though given the fact I was at their corporate office branch in Madison.

Upon terminating my membership I wrote back to Mrs. Dischler to inform her I had opted to comply with the no firearms/weapons signs the best way I knew how. I thought I would share the response here as I found a handful of recent articles that really attest to why I would not do business with a bank that forced me to give up a means to defend myself - perhaps they might be useful for others whom are contacting their bank/credit union that has decided to post.

Greetings Mrs. Dischler,

I wanted to take a moment to share with you that I have honored Heartland Credit Union’s decision to disallow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons by closing my accounts and terminating my membership with the credit union. My experience with Heartland as far as services provided and the quality of customer service had been exemplary, but I refuse to disarm myself to conduct my business at a facility advertised at the door as a self-defense free zone. If at some point in the future, Heartland re-evaluates their policy, I would be delighted to become a member once again. Similar concealed carry laws have passed in other states, and select businesses have opted to do just as Heartland Credit Union has and post – and many of those businesses in these other states later remove the signs once they realize there was nothing to fear. For now, I will conduct business with another financial institution (Associated Bank) which respects those individuals whom elect to carry a means of self-defense.

You noted the fact that you are a financial institution as the reason for posting – being a financial institution makes the area a higher priority target for a criminal and posting no firearms is a great disservice to your members who may wish to have the means to defend themselves. Posting such signs serves no purpose to protect the facility from criminals, if anything it advertises the fact to a would be criminal that he/she has no fear of a law-abiding citizen carrying a concealed weapon and may very well make your institution a more alluring target.

In closing I would like to share a few links to various stories written just in the past several months from around the nation that attest to precisely why I choose to carry a firearm for self-defense – a few of many that occur each and every year.

September 5, 2011 – Customer Robbed Outside Midtown Bank
http://www.kmbc.com/r/29083035/detail.html

October 06, 2011 – Man Robbed at Gunpoint Outside Bank in Flint
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2011/10/man_robbed_at_gunpoint_outside.html

October 24, 2011 – 82 Year Old Man Robbed Outside Bank
http://bradenton.wtsp.com/news/news/87377-82-year-old-man-robbed-outside-bank

November 20, 2011 – Woman Robbed and Shot Outside Bank
http://www.wnep.com/wnep-luz-woman-robbed-and-shot-outside-bank-20111120,0,4833628.story

November 28, 2011 - Man Beaten, Robbed Outside Bank
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2011/11/28/man-beaten-robbed-outside-bank/

Respectfully yours,
Mike Steinhilber

Sorcice

I foresee him visiting all his stores soon.

So I'm at Denny's. Funny story: I walked in and
security says "excuse me are you a LEO?"
I say: "no why?"
Security: "well you can't have that in here it's against policy. Please return it too your car."
Me: "not a problem. so you know I have received email and phone notification of policy change from the district manager and the sign has been removed."
I get to my car and the manager comes flying out apologizing for the guard and invites me in. Haha. Apparently The guards haven't gotten the message. That was quickly corrected.

bmwguy11

Security: "well you can't have that in here it's against policy. Please return it too your car."
Me: "not a problem. so you know I have received email and phone notification of policy change from the district manager and the sign has been removed."
I get to my car and the manager comes flying out apologizing for the guard and invites me in. Haha. Apparently The guards haven't gotten the message. That was quickly corrected.

:lol::monkey

protias

Not sure what being a LEO has to do with anything, but I'm glad it was resolved immediately. :monkey

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Credit unions are financial co-ops controlled by a board of directors who are elected by the members. Each person who opens a credit union account, regardless of the amount of money deposited, is a “member.”

It would be interesting to know if the "no weapons" policy of some credit unions was adopted by their respective board of directors. The president, ceo etc. is a hired hand.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Credit unions are financial co-ops controlled by a board of directors who are elected by the members. Each person who opens a credit union account, regardless of the amount of money deposited, is a “member.”
Is there any chance that amidst the membership contract materials is a proxy assignment? Who votes matters not, only who counts the votes matters (as in NRA).

Status
Not open for further replies.