• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woodland Hills (West San Fernando Valley) Open Carry meet-up

Have you done open carry before?

• Total voters

dbroes

I am Organizing a small OC meet up in woodland hills. Interested parties please contact me at derek@reagan.com . Also, if you live in the area and have suggestion as to where would be a good place to meet, I am open to all suggestions. There are many schools in this area so please do your search before suggesting. This will be a side arm OC only. Yes, we have rights to carry larger weapons but don't see the need. The goal here is to get people in the area familiar with OC and to make sure that Topanga Canyon LAPD division is fully aware of our rights.

demnogis

You will be in LA?

• Everyone should have a few copies of the tri-fold Open Carry pamphlets, detailing Penal Codes, where's it's legal, when it's legal, etc.
• Everyone should have their audio/video recording if this meet migrates from inside a private place to outside, AND if LEOs show up.
• Try to have non-carrying friendly witnesses attend too.
• Know that most LEAs in LA/County are anti-carry.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
You will be in LA?

• Everyone should have a few copies of the tri-fold Open Carry pamphlets, detailing Penal Codes, where's it's legal, when it's legal, etc.
• Everyone should have their audio/video recording if this meet migrates from inside a private place to outside, AND if LEOs show up.
• Try to have non-carrying friendly witnesses attend too.
• Know that most LEAs in LA/County are anti-carry.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Couldnt stress the above advice enough. I would also add that I wouldn't tip off a private commericial venue in advance by asking what their policy is on weapons or asking permission to conduct your lawful activities at their place of business.

While I'm no particular fan of asking police permission, it might be in your best interests to call the non-emergency line and let them know that sometime and somewhere there will be open carry activity during the day, considering the police are said to be anti-armed citizen.

Bluephoenix

Is this still a possibility? I've recently become a handgun owner and do what I can to educate my co-workers on gun handling and laws, even taken a few of them to the range. Would be nice to hang out with some like minded people and talk. I live in the winnetka area and work evenings. Any other time is pretty much open for me =)

hgreen

Couldnt stress the above advice enough. I would also add that I wouldn't tip off a private commericial venue in advance by asking what their policy is on weapons or asking permission to conduct your lawful activities at their place of business.

While I'm no particular fan of asking police permission, it might be in your best interests to call the non-emergency line and let them know that sometime and somewhere there will be open carry activity during the day, considering the police are said to be anti-armed citizen.

Rather than asking permission, just go with another friend open carrying without a big group to the place once, if they are don't make a big deal about you and your friend OCing, then bring up the idea of having a repeat visit with 10 - 20 of your friends. That way you clear it with the owner without asking permission to exercise a 100% lawful activity.

Bluephoenix

same. i live around desoto and sherman way. i work evenings at a grocery store so earlier on or specific days are good if known far enough in advance =)