• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blog post from an AZ-anti

JesseL

Careful reading this - the guy's "logic" is likely to cause a stroke:

http://s.9timezones.com/2010_09_01_archive.html#2609637495063498089

» On 9/17/2010 02:15:00 PM Mountain Standard Time, Alan wrote:
Gunfight At The Shopping-Cart Corral.

shopping cart corralSo, the wife and I were shopping at our local natural-foods grocery store this morning. No, we're not tree-huggers. They just have a nice fruit section. Peaches and sh*t.

We were browsing through the peach aisle when my wife urgently pulled me aside: "Did you see that guy?"

"What guy?" I craned my neck to peek around behind her.

"Don't look. He might shoot."

"Whaaaat?!" That really captured my attention. Sure enough, some corpulent 80-year-old a**hole was standing in front of the donut peaches, packing a pistol. Rosewood-checkered grip, tooled-leather holster, the whole bit. Not a law enforcement guy, just some retired jerkoff who evidently wanted to enhance the perceived size of his schlong.

Allow me to digress for a moment: the last time I wore a gun and a tooled-leather holster, I was six years old. I had imaginary shootouts with Tommy, who lived next door. Our guns were just cap pistols. Nobody got hurt, unless you tried to drop a big rock on several rolls of caps. (Don't try this at home. I speak from experience.) We loved wearing the full cowboy drag. And we enjoyed using our guns and holsters.

Until we outgrew them.

At age six.

I mean, everybody outgrows them, right?

Well, apparently not.

Okay, back to Mr. Second-f___ing-Amendment: when I saw that gun in the grocery store, steam started shooting from my ears. I marched up to the front office and loudly demanded to see the manager. When he arrived, I was apoplectic: "If you're gonna allow this kind of behavior in your store, I'm not gonna shop here anymore."

The manager was apologetic: "I can't stop him. Arizona is a Right-To-Carry state."

no firearms allowed "You can't post a 'No Firearms Allowed' sign on the door?"

"Sadly, no."

I riposted: "Bars can do it."

"I know. But that's because they sell alcohol."

"Then it's high time to get a liquor license."

He nodded. "I hear you."

"So, guns are off-limits in bars, schools, government buildings, airports and airliners. You think it's a good idea to allow them in your grocery store?"

"No, but..."

"And it's not like this white-bread neighborhood is dangerous. The worst criminals you have are jaywalkers."

"Exactly. I recently moved here from California, and I can't believe what these people get away with."

I pulled out the big guns: "Displaying a gun is an implied threat of violence. His threat has spread fear in your customers. Instilling fear is a hallmark of terrorism. Under some definitions, he has already committed a terrorist act."

He sympathized. "Guns are just murders waiting to happen." But then he shrugged.

The shrug derailed me. What's that Edmund Burke quote? "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing."

I shuffled back to the peach aisle, tail between my legs. The gun-totin' a**hole had moved over to the nectarine aisle. My wife said: "Well?"

"It's legal. Nothing to be done."

"You're kidding." Let me explain: she's European. And like most civilized people, she often has trouble understanding some of Arizona's mediæval laws.

I shook my head. "Nope. And I can't say anything to him. If he's psycho enough to wear a gun in a grocery store, he's psycho enough to use it. All of us would end up on the evening news, looking like Swiss cheese."

She was silent for a long time. "You're afraid of him?"

"Duh."

"Then I will buy you a gun at Christmas. And you will buy one for me."

"Huh?" I couldn't believe my ears. Every now and then, she has trouble with the English language. I was beginning to wonder if this was one of those times.

"We will return here on December 26th, and we will stand in front of that old fasz with our brand-new guns, and we will call him out." 'Fasz' is the Hungarian word for 'pr*ck.' When she starts peppering her conversation with Magyar expletives, it's a pretty good indication she's having no trouble at all with her English. "And if he tries to walk away, we will laugh at the size of his tiny shriveled-up fasz."

"He'll draw. You know he'll draw."

"He's old. We're faster."

---

jimd_21

wow, talk about being mental. Can't wait till he grows a pair and actually tries to confront someone who is OC. Hopefully it is someone who can give him the verbal whipping and education he deserves.

With audio and video so all can enjoy lol

About the author http://www.9timezones.com/w/avails.htm

Last edited:

sonoran_Tj

I bet his tone would change real fast if someone had tried to take everyone in the building hostage and that old man had saved the day.

This story has the usual identifiers of anti-gun liberals:
-Shops in natural foods store
-A European is involved
-A Californian is involved
-A plethora of insults are used to describe both AZ law and the armed citizen
-misinformed of the gun laws
-the inexplicable fear of murder/getting shot/spontaneous gun fight

I also read through some of his other blog posts. This man is delirious. He suggests in another post that we replace airbags with spikes to thin the herd of bad drivers. He mentions medieval law in several other places as if he were living in a police state. He talks about how he as a poor person in scottsdale is somehow inferior to the many affluent people that live there. He is more than an anti-gun imbecile, he is a full on nut job.

Wastelander

...That's satirical, right? I mean...no one can REALLY be that stupid AND be capable of using the internet...

The stupidity hurts my brain. Move back to California, or move to Chicago if you like living in places where you don't have to be afraid of people legally carrying guns for self defense.

Michael

AZ Anti Nutcase....

ROFLMAO!!!!! What a DORK!! btw,, a dork is a male whale's organ.......

mFonz77

W-O-W...talk about a nutter. Typical projection mechanism, which was literally voiced towards the end by the Hungarian wife: thinking that if you have a gun you're going to shoot someone. What she's really saying is, "If *I* had a gun, I *might* shoot someone."

Sonora Rebel

I wqnt to encounter this guy... somewhere, anywhere. I want him to say something directly... not snivel off to the 'manager'... or whomever. He's in disregard of the Constitution... or the actual meaning of a right. That 'old man' has prob'ly been carrying a gun before this peach-suckin' schmuck was born.

sonoran_Tj nailed it!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
A pile of insults, presumptions, and flat-out lies; displayed in a fashion to make idenitification of them as such virtually impossible to avoid.

He's tooting his horn for left-wing fanboys who have already put out their own eyes.

For any sane, rational person, all he's doing is displaying his sign.

Remember Bill Engvall? This douche-bag is making it too easy. He made his own sign and he's showing it off...

Among the many mental dysfunctions of liberalism, hatred is the one held most dear.

Last edited:

Gryff

Funny. This effete little priss reinforces my belief about libtards. That they are too scared to protect themselves, and too shamed by anyone who is willing to do so. Therefore, nobody should be allowed to have firearms.

I like how his wife actually has a set of balls. Bet she leaves him some day? Even female liberals can't continuously respect a man who completely lacks a set of testicles.

Unsurprisingly, he's deleted and closed his comments. Sad to see such cowardice in an American male.

I just deleted a half-dozen really nasty comments from other Open Salon members.
New members, mostly. It looks like they joined mainly to trash this posting, and me.
Abusive. Threatening. Personal attacks. And no sense of humor.
They pretty much confirmed my attitudes about gun-toters.
My OS postings rarely get feedback, so I wondered why so many comments showed up in just a day or two.
That's when Google found this thread:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?81683-Blog-post-from-an-AZ-anti
Yikes.
My personal blog is mirrored here at OS, and I don't allow comments there, so they actually tracked me down here.
It looks like they cruise the web, trying to pick fights.
So I've closed the comments here at Open Salon.
It's sad, but I certainly don't want to engage with people like them.

slowfiveoh

I absolutely adore precious liberal cupcakes like this guy.

He feigns fear of reprisal by people who actually mean to protect themselves, and if push comes to shove, him too.

He will walk up to the counter, and pester the manager of a supermarket for sight of an 80-year old man who elects to open carry.

OH NO GUY WAS HE GOING QUICKDRAW MCGRAW ON DEM PEACHES?

No, he wasn't you sad failure of life, liberty, and freedom.

He was shopping.

How AMAZINGLY TERRIFYING!

Disregard this guys idiotic banter. He lacks the braincells necessary to process rational thought, or exercise critical thinking.

Blatant hoplophobe detected.

suntzu

sounds like that anti REALLY needs to grow a backbone--sadly though he wouldn't recognize one if one was staring him in the face. As for his wife--if she does not like it in Arizona I'm sure Kommiefornia or even D.C might be more to her liking.

Or they could just move back to Europe--yes that might be better, and they can take the rest of the Constitution hating antis with them.

Last edited:

suntzu

I really wish Tennessee could be a state where no permit is required to carry. We just have way too many people in this state who basically worship the handgun carry permit privilege.

azcdlfred

I really wish Tennessee could be a state where no permit is required to carry. We just have way too many people in this state who basically worship the handgun carry permit privilege.
I remember reading an article posted on Free Republic where a legislator in TN was proposing Constitutional Carry.

And, you are right, the resistance from gun owners will be a real jaw-dropper. Here in Arizona it came from many supposedly friendly fronts (we have found the enemy and it is us).

The "training cartel" that suckled at the government teat created by the mandated training and state "annointment" of instructors was (and still is) furious over their loss of what they perceived as an entitlement.

Then the "I got mine, you should get yours" attitude from CCW holders was an eye opener. Then, there was the group that insisted that there was a difference between open carry (no training required) and discreet carry that required training. And, it was amazing how many bought into the mindset that it's best for their government masters to determine who should and should not be able to carry a gun in a state where open carry has been Constitutional for almost 100 years.

If you want to see it done in TN, I recommend a transition from the "they oughta, wanna, shoulda do this," to "I" will do something about this and get other people who want to move from bitching and moaning to actually getting things done. That means drafting legislation, "selling" it to friendly legislators, tesitying in committee hearings and rabble rousing to make a lot of noise. Expect to find your dick in the dirt, but remember, when you fall on your face you are still moving forward. Get up, dust off and get back in the fight. It took AzCDL 5 years to get Constitutional Carry. We "incrementalized" our progress with small victories (ask for the stars and accept the planets) every year until finally everything aligned and we were able to go for the brass ring. It CAN be done!

Fred

mFonz77

remember, when you fall on your face you are still moving forward.

Great quote...might have to appropriate that. I agree there needs to be unity for anything to get done. I was a CCW in holder in MO before I moved to AZ and getting my AZ CWP was one of my first acts as a new resident, and I don't begrudge anyone. OC/CC it is still a responsibility, and like Uncle Ben says, "With great power comes great responsibility." Everyone should take it upon themselves to posses at least a rudimentary skill-at-arms if they're going to carry.