Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea's For a Kernersville/GSO/HP Meetup

Idea's For a Kernersville/GSO/HP Meetup

Throw out some ideas on where you would like to see a meet happen in this area. A date of availability would be helpful as well. I wouldn't recommend Halloween weekend...lol.

IMO, any of the Panera Breads stay fairly busy so if attention is wanted, it would be likely to be there. C&H Cafeteria in K'ville is always busy as well. Id love to see a meetup at a steakhouse, shame they have that darn alcohol rule...lol. Fri or Sat weekend before Halloween would work for us.
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

High Point, North Carolina, United States
    Panera, we wont get attention there, i carry all the time there. Even had a one on one with the owner. had a post on here somewhere. (and my girlfriend works there.)

the weekends are good for me.

there is also a McAlister's across the street from Panera. then we could walk over to Ben & Jerry for some ice cream. (its beside the movie theater, and on the weekends its PACKED)

Sounds great to me... McAllisters has some good food, although it would be a very slow walk for me with the messed up leg, but would be worth it for its intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by smlawrence View Post
    Sounds great to me... McAllisters has some good food, although it would be a very slow walk for me with the messed up leg, but would be worth it for its intentions.

ya' bum leg

you could drive.

what did ya do to your leg?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0069.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	4208Got ran over by a car while working...

ouchie!

how in the world, what do you do for a living? check tires in motion?

I own a landscape company. We had finished maintenance on the property and I was blowing off the curb in a subdivision, very quiet one with no traffic hardly and a 20mph speed limit. I was walking and facing east and a guy that lived further down the road just ran me over. He told he officer that he saw me, blew his horn, then ran me over. Didn't slow down or swerve to try to avoid me. He hit me in the back of my left leg, spun me around while his tire was already on my left foot. It completely dislocated it and put it at a 90degree angle on my leg. The x-ray above was after they had tried to set it in the ER. My Tibia came through the skin at the ankle and the only thing holding my foot on at the time was the skin and tendens...all the bones were broken or shattered. A week in the hospital, 2 surgeries, 3 outpatient visits and here I am, on crutches. Went to the Dr today and he told me if things keep progressing like they are, he will turn me loose to start putting weight on the foot mid-november. He is still saying only 60-65% mobility when this is all done.

I own a landscape company. We had finished maintenance on the property and I was blowing off the curb in a subdivision, very quiet one with no traffic hardly and a 20mph speed limit. I was walking and facing east and a guy that lived further down the road just ran me over. He told he officer that he saw me, blew his horn, then ran me over. Didn't slow down or swerve to try to avoid me. He hit me in the back of my left leg, spun me around while his tire was already on my left foot. It completely dislocated it and put it at a 90degree angle on my leg. The x-ray above was after they had tried to set it in the ER. My Tibia came through the skin at the ankle and the only thing holding my foot on at the time was the skin and tendens...all the bones were broken or shattered. A week in the hospital, 2 surgeries, 3 outpatient visits and here I am, on crutches. Went to the Dr today and he told me if things keep progressing like they are, he will turn me loose to start putting weight on the foot mid-november. He is still saying only 60-65% mobility when this is all done.
    that sucks bad, i am willing to bet the guy was on the cell phone...I work doing yard work on Fridays, i know blowers are not that loud.. his story seems kinda bs.

well i hope you heal up pretty fast and end up with 135% mobility

were you carrying when this happened?

No I wasn't OC'n...locked it in the truck while performing the work. Don't know about asking the homeowners for permission to carry on their property while working.

Man, I'm really sorry to hear about your injury. Must have hurt like the dickens. I'll pray it heals up quickly for you and that you regain full use. Hang in there.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. So who's up for McAllisters this coming friday evening? Its been a while since I've been there, are we sure they don't have alcohol?

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. So who's up for McAllisters this coming friday evening? Its been a while since I've been there, are we sure they don't have alcohol?

yeah its good to go, i eat there once a month maybe.

what time ya' wanna meet up?

6:30 or 7 would work best for us... allow us to get home from work and get ready.

6:30 work for me.

meet up at

McAllisters deli
    Friday the 15th at 6:30

5870 Samet Dr
    High Point, NC 27265
    Last edited by Preble; 10-10-2010 at 03:09 PM.

hello

Hello,

I am new to this sight and just signed up. I saw the article about the Armed Rally last month and started to do some research. I came across this website and started to read it. It appears that there is going to be a meetup at Mc Calisters on this Friday. Is this an "open invitation" to all Open Carriers as It would be nice to get to meet some like minded people.

Quote Originally Posted by OSOK View Post
    Hello,

I am new to this sight and just signed up. I saw the article about the Armed Rally last month and started to do some research. I came across this website and started to read it. It appears that there is going to be a meetup at Mc Calisters on this Friday. Is this an "open invitation" to all Open Carriers as It would be nice to get to meet some like minded people.

Yeah, its open to anyone who wants to come. If you haven't carried yet, its a lot easier to start by carrying with a group. If you don't want to carry, don't.

if you can make it, i'll look forward to meeting you.

Cool

Cool. I used to CC in PA since I was 21. Migrated South 8 years ago and didnt go to get my NC CC permit until last month. I have been Open Carrying for about a month now, and am comfortable with firearms. I am going to try and bring a friend with me that is fairly new to guns. I have been talking to him for several months now and he bought his first hand gun about 6 weeks ago. he is a little nervous so this should be a good ice breaker into open carry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by OSOK View Post
    Cool. I used to CC in PA since I was 21. Migrated South 8 years ago and didnt go to get my NC CC permit until last month. I have been Open Carrying for about a month now, and am comfortable with firearms. I am going to try and bring a friend with me that is fairly new to guns. I have been talking to him for several months now and he bought his first hand gun about 6 weeks ago. he is a little nervous so this should be a good ice breaker into open carry for him.

good idea, i always try to bring someone, my GF gets so bored watching us talk guns and laws so she avoids them now. lol

double tap

Unless something happens, my wife & I will be there. Might have a few tag-alongs as well. Look forward to meeting some of you guys. Should we give them a heads-up on our gathering or just surprise them?

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    I wouldn't bother giving them any kind of heads-up. I've carried in there a few times before & it has never been an issue. Preble has carried there before without issue.

Why call ahead? Just b/c of the guns? The idea is that we are trying to further the normalization of OC. Would you be calling ahead to give them a heads-up if we were not going armed?
    Carry on!

I'll be there and will bring 1 or more of my friends. Ruger you showing up?

Not sure I will be able to make this one, but I agree, dont ask permission to excersize your rights.

Ruger better show up he is only like a hop skip and a jump away. If not we will arrange a open carry meet up at his place. All bing dinner to his place and sit on ruger's car and eat. Then we will deface it with Carolina panthers stickers and a nice tire cover to block out that lion. =P

Well as I'm sure I have posted somewhere, I am still rather new to OC'ing, so my question was directed as more of question of being respectful enough to give a manager on duty heads up that a group of people will be dining there & carrying guns and to not be surprised if they have concerns from other customers in the business from other customers that aren't educated enough to know it is ok. They might have cashiers or other employees that won't know how to respond, so if we educate the manager, he can educate his/her employees. IMO, that would help the cause, not hurt it. And yes I would call ahead at some places if I was having a large group going anywhere to allow the place to be prepared for the large amount of people, armed or not. Although it doesn't look like there is going to be that large of a group, 20 or so??
    Last edited by smlawrence; 10-12-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast