• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idea's For a Kernersville/GSO/HP Meetup

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
I wouldn't bother giving them any kind of heads-up. I've carried in there a few times before & it has never been an issue. Preble has carried there before without issue.

Why call ahead? Just b/c of the guns? The idea is that we are trying to further the normalization of OC. Would you be calling ahead to give them a heads-up if we were not going armed?

nobama

Not sure I will be able to make this one, but I agree, dont ask permission to excersize your rights.

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
Ruger better show up he is only like a hop skip and a jump away. If not we will arrange a open carry meet up at his place. All bing dinner to his place and sit on ruger's car and eat. Then we will deface it with Carolina panthers stickers and a nice tire cover to block out that lion. =P

smlawrence

Well as I'm sure I have posted somewhere, I am still rather new to OC'ing, so my question was directed as more of question of being respectful enough to give a manager on duty heads up that a group of people will be dining there & carrying guns and to not be surprised if they have concerns from other customers in the business from other customers that aren't educated enough to know it is ok. They might have cashiers or other employees that won't know how to respond, so if we educate the manager, he can educate his/her employees. IMO, that would help the cause, not hurt it. And yes I would call ahead at some places if I was having a large group going anywhere to allow the place to be prepared for the large amount of people, armed or not. Although it doesn't look like there is going to be that large of a group, 20 or so??

Last edited:

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
LOL @ Preble. Yeah - if you guys decide to have an OC meetup at my place then somebody needs to bring a case of beer too. I'll fire up the charcoal grille & everybody can bring their own meat.

I just texted the wife & got the ok. It looks like the whole fam-damily will be coming :banana:

If you see a toddler OC'ing a LCR, that's my daughter :lol:

PS... Anybody want to buy a SR9 & a boatload of ammo (ball AND hollowpoint) ???

farkles

Well as I'm sure I have posted somewhere, I am still rather new to OC'ing, so my question was directed as more of question of being respectful enough to give a manager on duty heads up that a group of people will be dining there & carrying guns and to not be surprised if they have concerns from other customers in the business from other customers that aren't educated enough to know it is ok. They might have cashiers or other employees that won't know how to respond, so if we educate the manager, he can educate his/her employees. IMO, that would help the cause, not hurt it. And yes I would call ahead at some places if I was having a large group going anywhere to allow the place to be prepared for the large amount of people, armed or not. Although it doesn't look like there is going to be that large of a group, 20 or so??

I'm betting 5 of us, not 20. Would like 8-9. Don't call ahead, part of normalizing the process of us OCing is us acting like it is not big deal (since it isn't). When/if others have problems, we hand out our OCDO brochure and educate them. Thanks for not calling ahead.

farkles

LOL @ Preble. Yeah - if you guys decide to have an OC meetup at my place then somebody needs to bring a case of beer too. I'll fire up the charcoal grille & everybody can bring their own meat.

I just texted the wife & got the ok. It looks like the whole fam-damily will be coming :banana:

If you see a toddler OC'ing a LCR, that's my daughter :lol:

PS... Anybody want to buy a SR9 & a boatload of ammo (ball AND hollowpoint) ???

Yay Ruger! I am on a tight dine out budget myself and will only be getting one of their 9 Million ounce sweet tea.

farkles

Crap, got to work Friday night. The good news is I'll be in the 911 center to screen any MWAG calls.

HAHAHA..That is AWESOME!

So do you just tell the caller "OC is legal in NC, so stop being a hoplophobic and call back when he saves your life and we need to send an ambulance to recover the bad guy's body"?

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
well, i have some bad news, i will not be able to attend. I'll be working in Richmond Va at a gun show.

but ill oc in an establishment that servers alcohol and let yall know how awesome it is being able to be at a steak house with my side arm.

farkles

So.... We are doing 6:30.... Right?

Since Preble wussed out on us [/jk] that leaves the "confirmed" list as follows:

-Ruger (+2)
-Farkles
-smlawrence
-OSOK (+1)

Am I missing anybody?

Farkles +1
Have invited several others but i'm not counting on them.

smlawrence

Had a good dinner tonight. Got to meet a few of the guys from here. Didn't really get much attention except for the 2 older guys who had spotted the large revolver on my wifes hip...lol. Maybe the next one will be more of an attention getter if the group is a bit larger with more shooting irons in view.