• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idea's For a Kernersville/GSO/HP Meetup

smlawrence

Throw out some ideas on where you would like to see a meet happen in this area. A date of availability would be helpful as well. I wouldn't recommend Halloween weekend...lol.

IMO, any of the Panera Breads stay fairly busy so if attention is wanted, it would be likely to be there. C&H Cafeteria in K'ville is always busy as well. Id love to see a meetup at a steakhouse, shame they have that darn alcohol rule...lol. Fri or Sat weekend before Halloween would work for us.

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
Panera, we wont get attention there, i carry all the time there. Even had a one on one with the owner. had a post on here somewhere. (and my girlfriend works there.)

the weekends are good for me.

there is also a McAlister's across the street from Panera. then we could walk over to Ben & Jerry for some ice cream. (its beside the movie theater, and on the weekends its PACKED)

smlawrence

Sounds great to me... McAllisters has some good food, although it would be a very slow walk for me with the messed up leg, but would be worth it for its intentions.

smlawrence

I own a landscape company. We had finished maintenance on the property and I was blowing off the curb in a subdivision, very quiet one with no traffic hardly and a 20mph speed limit. I was walking and facing east and a guy that lived further down the road just ran me over. He told he officer that he saw me, blew his horn, then ran me over. Didn't slow down or swerve to try to avoid me. He hit me in the back of my left leg, spun me around while his tire was already on my left foot. It completely dislocated it and put it at a 90degree angle on my leg. The x-ray above was after they had tried to set it in the ER. My Tibia came through the skin at the ankle and the only thing holding my foot on at the time was the skin and tendens...all the bones were broken or shattered. A week in the hospital, 2 surgeries, 3 outpatient visits and here I am, on crutches. Went to the Dr today and he told me if things keep progressing like they are, he will turn me loose to start putting weight on the foot mid-november. He is still saying only 60-65% mobility when this is all done.

Preble

I own a landscape company. We had finished maintenance on the property and I was blowing off the curb in a subdivision, very quiet one with no traffic hardly and a 20mph speed limit. I was walking and facing east and a guy that lived further down the road just ran me over. He told he officer that he saw me, blew his horn, then ran me over. Didn't slow down or swerve to try to avoid me. He hit me in the back of my left leg, spun me around while his tire was already on my left foot. It completely dislocated it and put it at a 90degree angle on my leg. The x-ray above was after they had tried to set it in the ER. My Tibia came through the skin at the ankle and the only thing holding my foot on at the time was the skin and tendens...all the bones were broken or shattered. A week in the hospital, 2 surgeries, 3 outpatient visits and here I am, on crutches. Went to the Dr today and he told me if things keep progressing like they are, he will turn me loose to start putting weight on the foot mid-november. He is still saying only 60-65% mobility when this is all done.

that sucks bad, i am willing to bet the guy was on the cell phone...I work doing yard work on Fridays, i know blowers are not that loud.. his story seems kinda bs.

well i hope you heal up pretty fast and end up with 135% mobility

were you carrying when this happened?

smlawrence

No I wasn't OC'n...locked it in the truck while performing the work. Don't know about asking the homeowners for permission to carry on their property while working.

glockaholic

Man, I'm really sorry to hear about your injury. Must have hurt like the dickens. I'll pray it heals up quickly for you and that you regain full use. Hang in there.

smlawrence

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. So who's up for McAllisters this coming friday evening? Its been a while since I've been there, are we sure they don't have alcohol?

OSOK

hello

Hello,

I am new to this sight and just signed up. I saw the article about the Armed Rally last month and started to do some research. I came across this website and started to read it. It appears that there is going to be a meetup at Mc Calisters on this Friday. Is this an "open invitation" to all Open Carriers as It would be nice to get to meet some like minded people.

Preble

Hello,

I am new to this sight and just signed up. I saw the article about the Armed Rally last month and started to do some research. I came across this website and started to read it. It appears that there is going to be a meetup at Mc Calisters on this Friday. Is this an "open invitation" to all Open Carriers as It would be nice to get to meet some like minded people.

Yeah, its open to anyone who wants to come. If you haven't carried yet, its a lot easier to start by carrying with a group. If you don't want to carry, don't.

if you can make it, i'll look forward to meeting you.

OSOK

Cool. I used to CC in PA since I was 21. Migrated South 8 years ago and didnt go to get my NC CC permit until last month. I have been Open Carrying for about a month now, and am comfortable with firearms. I am going to try and bring a friend with me that is fairly new to guns. I have been talking to him for several months now and he bought his first hand gun about 6 weeks ago. he is a little nervous so this should be a good ice breaker into open carry for him.

Preble

Cool. I used to CC in PA since I was 21. Migrated South 8 years ago and didnt go to get my NC CC permit until last month. I have been Open Carrying for about a month now, and am comfortable with firearms. I am going to try and bring a friend with me that is fairly new to guns. I have been talking to him for several months now and he bought his first hand gun about 6 weeks ago. he is a little nervous so this should be a good ice breaker into open carry for him.

good idea, i always try to bring someone, my GF gets so bored watching us talk guns and laws so she avoids them now. lol

smlawrence

Unless something happens, my wife & I will be there. Might have a few tag-alongs as well. Look forward to meeting some of you guys. Should we give them a heads-up on our gathering or just surprise them?